Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #31
nbr1nthuzyst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nbr1nthuzyst Send a message via Yahoo to nbr1nthuzyst
Re: 2005 Nissan 350Z VS. 2005 Ford Mustang GT

I would go with the 350Z as well. I think they have a better sound (my opinion) then the GT, but thats only becasue i like that sporty sound )(herd on the G35 coupe as well) I wouldnt listen to anyone trying to talk you out of it... if you got the car you love then im sure you will be resposible enough to make sure its in good shape, which would be the opposite if you got a car you didnt want.. *just my opinion*
nbr1nthuzyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:13 PM   #32
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

You're only 15 years old and you're considering these cars? Jesus Christ, you're out of your mind. But the Mustang GT, it's cheaper, so when you crash it, at least you'll have saved a couple of thousand bucks.

I was in the same situation as you a couple of years ago. I had just turned 16 and my parents allotted me $20,000 to buy a car. I was tempted to buy a Camaro SS, but instead, I bought my friend's Camry V6 LE, because I knew I'd just wreck the Camaro. I'd strongly recommend you get something a little more low-end for your first car. V6-powered sedans like the one I bought are great first cars; they're safe, reliable, and easy to drive, but they still have enough power to give you a rush when you want it.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:19 AM   #33
nbr1nthuzyst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nbr1nthuzyst Send a message via Yahoo to nbr1nthuzyst

I have a friend who got an Escalade for his first car/truck, and then a year later he got an 04' BMW M3....M3!! what do you think happened....he crashed it... i happened to be driving by when i saw the accident and i loked at all the "victims" and there ha was sitting on the side of the road... the bimmer was totalled, and what do his parents do...buy him a brand new one....
Its still alive now, but i dont know how it will end up a little later.
I was driving my moms Acura Rl (96) When i was hit by someone at a stop sign... the car was nearly totalled (saved by the amount of money that the parts we had just put in it, the previous month, were worth)
Im not saying dont go for what you want, becasue i still feel that if you get the car you loved and wanted you would treaat it differently then you would to a car you didnt want...
nbr1nthuzyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #34
ricesucks
AF Enthusiast

The whole first car 30,000 I don't like but, Out of those I would take the 350Z...It looks nicer IMO, Not as fast, but sounds better IMO, Handles better....and would prolly be more relibable...
ricesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #35
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 2005 Nissan 350Z VS. 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr1nthuzyst
I have a friend who got an Escalade for his first car/truck, and then a year later he got an 04' BMW M3....M3!! what do you think happened....he crashed it... i happened to be driving by when i saw the accident and i loked at all the "victims" and there ha was sitting on the side of the road... the bimmer was totalled, and what do his parents do...buy him a brand new one....
Its still alive now, but i dont know how it will end up a little later.
I was driving my moms Acura Rl (96) When i was hit by someone at a stop sign... the car was nearly totalled (saved by the amount of money that the parts we had just put in it, the previous month, were worth)
Im not saying dont go for what you want, becasue i still feel that if you get the car you loved and wanted you would treaat it differently then you would to a car you didnt want...

Thats what i been saying.My cousin goes to a rich school and like you had to drive a 2004 civic for a few months she hated it.She thought her parents hated her.I kinda think she got in to a accident on purpose.2 weeks after that they had her the mustage she wanted. ANd she doesnt think she spoiled.Im still trying to get the rest of the money i need to get my car.Like my friend he no his parents are going to buy him a nice car his sister had got a 330i with lots of extra at 16 so he knows he going to gte a nice car but he not some kind of spoiled brat.Like these guys who fuck with you couse they drive 30k sportscar while your driving your beat up car.So i think it just depends on the way you act when you get the car....
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:05 PM   #36
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissan350ztt Send a message via Yahoo to nissan350ztt

I've decided on the 350Z. The Mustang interior design is too bland for me, the material is fine but the design is lacking. The Mustang will continue to be my second most favorite car though.

I strongly recommend SGP Racing and Forged Internals for purchasing parts, tuning, installing, and more!
nissan350ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #37
sbddude
AF Premium User

I know you won't like to hear this, but this is my honest opinion. When i was your age, I wanted a fast car just like you did, but never got one. My parents gave me a sedan. For a beginning driver, i tryly believe that is the best choice. A new driver like you just simply doesn't know how to handle a car with as much power like the Z. Besides, I'm sure you'll want to give friends rides who haven't gotten cars yet, so the more seats the better. Anyway, that's just my opinion. If you're still gonna choose the Z, i think that's a fine choice, just too much for a first car.
sbddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:15 PM   #38
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

BTW, I don't like to carry friends around, and the law says 16-18y.o.'s can't have more than 2 passengers, so a two-seater is going to be good. I get it sometime between now and March 12th.

I strongly recommend SGP Racing and Forged Internals for purchasing parts, tuning, installing, and more!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #39
WayOutCat
AF Enthusiast

Happy Birthday, fellow Pisces!! : )

have fun & practice some fast turns in some large parking lot with no cops watching, so you can get the handling down.
WayOutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:12 PM   #40
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

That's why I am getting it early, to get used to driving it. My Dad heard that a fellow co-worker got his daughter a 350Z early as well to get her used to driving it, so he's thinking about getting me one soon (before 3/12). We've got plenty of roads in the country with no cops, i'm going to go out there every now and then and practice high speed turns, and me and my brother go out to the airport sometimes and i'm going to practice launching out there (his wife is the daughter of the owner of the airport, and his friend owns a hangar there with a lift and paint booth and such).

Old 02-02-2005, 03:00 AM   #41
ghostx
AF Enthusiast

Wink this isn't need for speed buddy

the last thing we need is for you to end up wrapped around a telephone pole. Have fun, but take it easy.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:22 AM   #42
contrinsic
AF Newbie

hey man...when i was 16 i had an '84 cutlass with a 355...needless to say i wrecked it. but since your parents are going to buy you a $30,000 car i say go for the Mustang GT. i own a '03 Cobra with about 545hp and i also own a '93 Cobra with 355hp, plus im 22. they are both fun as hell to drive cheap to mod, and will stomp the hell outta any Z that is stock anyway. i dont see alot of modded Z's here in Boston. go for the Stang...thats my opinion, but just be careful, and dont kill yourself.
contrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #43
Damious
AF Newbie

just too add to the 2 much power vote...

my friend bought himself a beat up old 60's camero... it was a rust bucket and a ugly thing, but slowly at the age of 15 over the course of a year he almost fully restored it... and improved it no less. well he gets his license, and to celebrate goes out on a spirited run with it... i have no idea how much power it was making... but 1 can assume that a 16 year old with a rear drive car that has no handling... it didn't take that much (even still it was prob about 350hp).

15 minutes into starting it up for the very first time... yes 15 MINUTES, he wrapped it around a pole. over 14 Grand Invested all gone.

another friend i knew, had a Bimmer, thought he was a street racing madman... raced on a highway... lost control and hit a divider....

there are 2 lessons that these taught me

1) 16 year old shouldn't have fast cars

2) Im never gonna ride in any of those guys cars.... EVER!

for the record im not saying this will happen 2 u... or that ur a bad driver... u might be the next Colin Mcrae for all i know... but still...

"with great power, comes great resposibility"

anyways, all the best

Damious
Damious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #44
keVinScIon
AF Newbie

personally, i would have gone with the Mustang. I have a 2000 Mustang and man oh man they sure are a lot more fun to drive than a 350Z
keVinScIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #45
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies, although they are not necessary anymore, i've decided on the 350Z.

And, I went out to the drag track the other day, first time, I loved it, it's only ~2 miles from my house too. So if I ever have the urge to race all I need to do is go out there.

And to comment on the too powerful of a car for someone my age. I do not act my age when driving, hell, I don't act my age in real life. I've been told my numerous people (some even on the internet) that I am extremely mature for my age. I'm sure everyone here probably thinks I made that up, but, think what you want , everyone who knows me knows I am not irrational in what I do.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A