Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:06 PM   #16
sunfire_starter
AF Regular

in my personal opioion if your parents would get you a $30,000 car then i would jsut get a beat up civic for maybe $2,000, then just get used to driving THEN mod it to hell,(put $20,000 into it) reswap the engine and everything you could do to that car then get used to a modded car then move up...i would hate to say get the 350Z (WHich would be my choice if I were to choose) and then a couple weeks you come on and say you crashed it because you couldn't handle it. I just got my liscene about amonth go and a $10,000 (after tax) Sunfire witha new exhast system. Hell yea i paid too much for it but i wanted it and Iam workin my ass off to keep it. anyway that is my i hate civics but just until you get used a lower end hp car then mod it and you can get a shit load more hp with $20000 worth of engine mods in it.

I kno this probably wont happen so whichever you get more power to you and BE CAREFUL don't kill yourself with all the power and from one 350Z lover to another have fun in the Z if you get it it is a really really nice car.

The hardest thing to learn about cars is that they aren't that hard to learn.
Current Projects:
Finding the RPM Between Safety and Thrill

300-400 hp midrange '95 Honda Civic Rally Car.(Project starts in 6 months. Wish me luck . )
sunfire_starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:44 PM   #17
model4u
AF Newbie

Learn

I think you idiots need to learn how to spell before any of you get a license or a car. If you can't spell you obviuosly can't read a car loan which is needed for the car, because I am sure none of you are paying cash. And the 350Z is better then the mustang anyday. Stay in school and learn before you make any choices like getting a car its pointless if you can never get a good paying job which takes little things like how to spell, because (becouse), answer (anwser) ya know those simple things.
model4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:54 PM   #18
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissan350ztt Send a message via Yahoo to nissan350ztt
Re: Re: 2005 Nissan 350Z VS. 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathonman
Have you test driven ether of these cars? I really think that should be your starting point not looks and specs. There is alot more to a car then numbers and looks.
I have test driven an 04 Nissan 350Z Silverstone Enthusiast, and an 05 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red.
nissan350ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #19
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Re: Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by model4u
I think you idiots need to learn how to spell before any of you get a license or a car. If you can't spell you obviuosly can't read a car loan which is needed for the car, because I am sure none of you are paying cash. And the 350Z is better then the mustang anyday. Stay in school and learn before you make any choices like getting a car its pointless if you can never get a good paying job which takes little things like how to spell, because (becouse), answer (anwser) ya know those simple things.
''obviuosly''....I rest my case...

Thanks for the opinions everyone, I still have ~2 months to decide. I think I am going to drive both of them again in a month or so and get a little more driving time this time (last time I only had ~5 minutes with the 350Z and ~10 minutes with the Mustang).
Old 12-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #20
Lambo Lover
AF Regular

I think i'd choose the z. i heared that japenese cars have better handling and engine types than american cars.the 05 mustang looks like the original muscle.But the z might look cooler with some mods.i've test drive the z and the ride was smooth.But the 05 nissans have less color varity (thats what the brochure says) I t says that the z don't have orange no more.
Lambo Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:22 PM   #21
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2005 Nissan 350Z VS. 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo Lover
I think i'd choose the z. i heared that japenese cars have better handling and engine types than american cars.the 05 mustang looks like the original muscle.But the z might look cooler with some mods.i've test drive the z and the ride was smooth.But the 05 nissans have less color varity (thats what the brochure says) I t says that the z don't have orange no more.
Brickyard was only for the 2003 year. Then they released Liquid Aluminum (so they had 3 silvers, Silverstone, Liquid Aluminum, and Chrome Silver) for 2004. Now they have released Ultra Yellow for 2005 and Liquid Aluminum has been canceled for 2005. Le Mans Sunset is still available for '05. '05 colors are: Superblack, Chrome Silver, Ultra Yellow, Redline, Daytona Blue, Pikes Peak White, Le Mans Sunset, and Silverstone. Nissan is playing their cards right imo, they can cancel another color (maybe Ultra Yellow or Le Mans Sunset) and come up with another color that they haven't used before (a green or different shade of orange or maybe a grey metallic).
Old 12-27-2004, 04:03 PM   #22
NSX-R
AF Regular

you should get netheir of them. there both ugly specialy the 350Z.get a honda s2000 or a mitsubishi evo 8.
NSX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:07 PM   #23
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

nsx-r, i'm not asking for negative responses. Pick one or the other, this isn't open for debating any cars other than the 350Z and 05 Mustang GT. Don't want to pick either? Then don't reply, simple as that.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:06 PM   #24
Wicked982JZGTE
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wicked982JZGTE
B, first you know me and I know your age and I'm not gonna rag on you, hell, you know me, my first car was a New SupraTT. I think you should Get the Z. Why? You want to make alot of HP, both cars have aftermarket support, but the Z has quite a bit more, that means more options. Since, USUALLY, mods on a Z are usually more high tech than mods on a mustang, the Z's mods will cost more, but, you did say that money wasn't a big consideration. Also, I think the Z looks better, however, I like the way the mustang looks too. The truth is you can't lose with either car, but if it were me, and I were presented with these 2 options, I would go with the Z.
Later B,
Wicked
Wicked982JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:28 AM   #25
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for your opinion John.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #26
solaris=amazing
AF Enthusiast

My advice, well damn, if you want to eat the 350z and the stang....

96 SS camaro...Supercharger..

End of story.
solaris=amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #27
solaris=amazing
AF Enthusiast

I do not like imports, but i gotta hand it to nissan though. As much as i like american V8 cars, i'd take the handling of an import.

Buy what you love, seriously. And i'm glad you have parents that will buy there son a 30 K car, it should be that way.

Look at it this way to, get what you want, whether it's the stang or the Z, then, in time, upgrade her and make some more power-like you said. Either way you'll have a HOTT ride, good luck.

Get the Z...

If you want insane power (and money to do it) buy a 96 camaro 5.7L (under $12G's) and pump money into that, or get an import like an RX-7 and do the same. There are so many options when you have the money.
solaris=amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #28
brandon_k_w
AF Newbie

Everybody has a f**king Mustang; no, you won't look cool because you drive a Mustang like every other zit-faced 19 year old does. No, you won't get women because you have a Mustang. Yes, they are a chore to see on the streets these days. Yes, it will cause enough problems to make you regret buying. Yes, it's built by that worthless company FORD.

Get the 350Z
brandon_k_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:43 AM   #29
klay
AF Newbie

I was in this same situation just like one month ago until i finally decided to go with the mustang which ill be getting in may. I never really cared for them before but after i saw the 2005 and read up on them, i decided i had to have it. Keep in mind this comes from someone who has owned 3 z cars (85 200sx, 90 240sx, 91 300zx) so the decision wasn't easy. It all depends on your preferences but for me performance is a major thing. I know both are similar in performance but the stang edges ahead in the 1/4 mile. Plus it has 4 seats which I dont necessarily need but its good to have them in case i do.
Let me clear a few things some of the things other posters said, one ford has the largest aftermarket here in the US and two american car companies have finally caught up to imports in reliabilty so dont say fords are POS's because thats what i intially thought before but it is simply false. A good idea would be to visit the sites that are bias to each car so you can see the pluses (and minuses when checking the opposing site) of each car.

Either way both cars are very nice and im sure you will be happy with either, i know i would.
klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #30
hank_4g63t
AF Newbie

they are two totally different cars so its hard to say. You might as well ask if you want a 69 camaro or a 350z. Never the less I would choose the 350. That's just because from the moment I saw them, I hated mustangs. What you need to do is look at every angle, every performance part and every direction to take. Then after tearing yourself in two decide. Also I like the idea behind a cheap car first. It will broaden your views of how you want a car to feel. You can't drive 2 cars in your life and decide which one is better at what because more than likely what you are feeling is totally wrong. Anywho I hope your happy with the decision you make, and I hope I helped a bit.
hank_4g63t is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A