Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
View Poll Results: Which car should I get?
Toyota 4Runner 7 77.78%
Honda Pilot 1 11.11%
Toyota Highlander 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #31
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to NotoriousPhil
Re: Honda Pilot vs Toyota 4Runner

I've heard of it but haven't seen it I am going to try and find it and maybe puker should too.
Thanx Ak
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #32
akboss
AF Regular

akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #33
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Awesome, that is some impressive sh*t. GO TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:46 AM   #34
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
Puker, just type 'toyota off-road' into youtube and watch for hours at the footage of Toyotas in the harshest environments, 'not' breaking down.

And of course those publications don't put a Toyota as truck of the year, they get a giant cheque handed over to them by Chevy or Dodge. If you look at the proven history of the vehicles, Toyotas are better built trucks, period. Who cares what a publication says, look outside a magazine or commercials you see on TV and see what's happening in the real world.

Notorious, did you see that episode of Top Gear where they tried to kill the Toyota Hilux pickup and they couldn't destroy it? They lit it on fire, dropped a camper trailer on it, sunk it in the Ocean and collapsed an apartment building on it - the truck still ran with no replacement parts! It's now in their studio as a reminder to all other lesser trucks.

Now, the SVT Raptor is another story...
You guys wana try using something other than the old Toyota's or the highly modified ones? Didn't think so.

I know Toyota's used to be extremely durable. The new ones are frangly, pathetic

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #35
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Ok I'm tired of this Toyota's have allways been built great and are even more reliable today, anyone that works in a garage knows that because we see for ourselves.Toyota has done nothing but improve their product I dont know where you got this idea in your head about the new line being cheap, it sounds rediculous.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #36
akboss
AF Regular

Notorious, I have agreed with you up until this point about Toyota's being built better than most other cars, but saying they are built better now than ever is a bit of a long shot. I have only had good experiences with older Toyota's, and have driven a few newer ones and they feel solid, but from recent press and recalls it seems as though their heyday has passed. The massive rusting issues on the Tundra, the frame cracks in the FJ Cruiser, the 2008 recall for power windows in Corollas and the 2009 recall for cold-weather brake failures in Matrix/Vibe/Corolla's all point to a problem in Toyota's values - they were more in a hurry to beat GM than they were to keep making reliable products. They have learned from their mistake and have vowed to return their focus to making better cars going forward, and even at their worst Toyota overall still had better reliability than most.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A