Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
View Poll Results: Which car should I get?
Toyota 4Runner 7 77.78%
Honda Pilot 1 11.11%
Toyota Highlander 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #16
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Re: Honda Pilot vs Toyota 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousPhil View Post
If you only want to have it for 5 years get the Pilot but if you want to have it 10+ years get the 4 runner or the highlander.

TTTTOOOOOYYYYYOOOOOTTTTTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks..........

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #17
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to NotoriousPhil

Wow, that was an informed response, you care to elaborate why???
Old 12-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
akboss
AF Regular

Toyota trucks are solid man. Well, maybe the Tundra has had some rough spots lately, but 4Runners are tanks. I wish we got more Toyota diesels here in Canada and US, but alas the restrictions are quite a bit tighter here, for better or worse.

A few years back at the Canadian International Auto Show they had a Toyota Off-Road course set up where you could drive any one of the new Toyota vehicles on an off-road course, it was awesome! I took the 4Runner, and in that terrain it honestly felt ready for anything! Great great truck. Just too thirsty!!!
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #19
codythesamurai
AF Newbie

what about the X-Terra?
codythesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Do they even make the x-terra anymore? wasn't a good suv at all very impratical. It was aimed and the x-games fans and outdoorsmen not quite the best suv for a daily driver, not to mention the cheap quality of the interior.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #21
akboss
AF Regular

They currently make the XTerra and sell lots of them, my friend has an '08 Off Road edition and it's a beautiful truck. Not sure what's so cheap about it, maybe you're thinking of a 2000 model year, because his truck is solid as a rock. The XTerra is what an SUV is supposed to be, rugged. If you're not going to build it rugged, get a station wagon or a minivan, they have more space and are much more affordable and practical. In essence, most all SUV's are impractical, unless you use them for off-road capability. The XTerra uses a 3.5L V6 for good pep but better mileage than the beasty V8's from Amurica, it has available locking rear and center differentials, awesome approach/departure angles and tons of clearance. It's not a poser truck, it's actually capable.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Ok yeah I was talking about the earlier models, haven't seen a new one yet so i can't say but hopefully they beefed it up some. Hopefully its not like the new Nissan Rogue which after 5000 km the power steering rack needs to be changed. But I like that they put the 3.5 in the x-terra. I love the 3.5 maxima s fun quick car to drive with a bit of luxury.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
Toyota trucks are solid man. Well, maybe the Tundra has had some rough spots lately, but 4Runners are tanks. I wish we got more Toyota diesels here in Canada and US, but alas the restrictions are quite a bit tighter here, for better or worse.

A few years back at the Canadian International Auto Show they had a Toyota Off-Road course set up where you could drive any one of the new Toyota vehicles on an off-road course, it was awesome! I took the 4Runner, and in that terrain it honestly felt ready for anything! Great great truck. Just too thirsty!!!
Yea the FJ is the only new Toyota with even a tad bit of off-road capabilities, but it looks like total crap.

But wait a second...... Toyota makes diesels?

P.S. I woulda tryed to take the Prius on the off road track

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #24
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpuker View Post
Yea the FJ is the only new Toyota with even a tad bit of off-road capabilities, but it looks like total crap.

But wait a second...... Toyota makes diesels?

P.S. I woulda tryed to take the Prius on the off road track
Lots of the new Toyota trucks have off-road capability - Tacoma, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, and in other countries the Land Cruiser is king. Do you think the U.N. uses Dodge Ram's when they're in the desert or the jungle overseas? Nope - they use Toyotas. When Jeremy Clarkson wanted to DRIVE to the North Pole in a truck, he chose a Toyota Hilux diesel. I'm pretty sure they put out a bunch of commercials a while back about it. Not that commercials make it true, but they were just filming people that were already using Toyotas in the worst environments.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #25
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
Lots of the new Toyota trucks have off-road capability - Tacoma, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, and in other countries the Land Cruiser is king. Do you think the U.N. uses Dodge Ram's when they're in the desert or the jungle overseas? Nope - they use Toyotas. When Jeremy Clarkson wanted to DRIVE to the North Pole in a truck, he chose a Toyota Hilux diesel. I'm pretty sure they put out a bunch of commercials a while back about it. Not that commercials make it true, but they were just filming people that were already using Toyotas in the worst environments.
Well if you want the truth most people working in the worst enviornments on Earth use Mercedes-Benz's....... Guess whos acosiated with them?

P.S. Do they even get Rams in England? I honestly have no clue.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #26
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Yet another informed post by Shpuker .... Can you give an example of people that use mercedes benz in horrible conditions becasue as the previous post stat if you want to drive thru the dessert you use a land cruiser and the north pole use a hilux. Toyota has been tried and tested over the last 20+ years and allways meets the challenge head on unlike american truck that dont get me wrong for torque and a nice sounding exaust are great for feeding your american ego but for results Toyota is unbeatable.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #27
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousPhil View Post
Yet another informed post by Shpuker .... Can you give an example of people that use mercedes benz in horrible conditions becasue as the previous post stat if you want to drive thru the dessert you use a land cruiser and the north pole use a hilux. Toyota has been tried and tested over the last 20+ years and allways meets the challenge head on unlike american truck that dont get me wrong for torque and a nice sounding exaust are great for feeding your american ego but for results Toyota is unbeatable.
So an underpowered SUV with a pickup bed the Toyota isn't to miserable.

Though I'd also like to see your example of Toyota's being used in desert/arctic/whatere extreme conditions. Ohh and which truck did Car & Driver, Pickuptrucks.com, JD Power, and a few others pick as the truck of the year? Heres a hint, its not made by toyota.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #28
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

I can keep going you want more? When I looked this up I didnt see and benzies though isn't that funny?
Old 12-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #29
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Toyota Hilux completes another polar conquest, reaching the South Pole

- Vehicles provide support for scientists, teams and officials for the Amundsen Omega3 South Pole Race
- Achievement follows successful 2007 Top Gear expedition to the Magnetic North Pole
- Hilux outperforms snowcats as a faster, more comfortable and fuel-efficient means of transport

Toyotapedia.org

Old 12-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #30
akboss
AF Regular

Puker, just type 'toyota off-road' into youtube and watch for hours at the footage of Toyotas in the harshest environments, 'not' breaking down.

And of course those publications don't put a Toyota as truck of the year, they get a giant cheque handed over to them by Chevy or Dodge. If you look at the proven history of the vehicles, Toyotas are better built trucks, period. Who cares what a publication says, look outside a magazine or commercials you see on TV and see what's happening in the real world.

Notorious, did you see that episode of Top Gear where they tried to kill the Toyota Hilux pickup and they couldn't destroy it? They lit it on fire, dropped a camper trailer on it, sunk it in the Ocean and collapsed an apartment building on it - the truck still ran with no replacement parts! It's now in their studio as a reminder to all other lesser trucks.

Now, the SVT Raptor is another story...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A