Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #31
RandomTask
Banned

Stratton, I'm taking over for you...

Ok, I've driven a turbo stealth, and a VR-4 3kGT

[Q]i can vouch that they will handle a 100 degree switch back s-turn at 120mph in damp conditions with out even squeeling the tires - i run bridge stone potenza directionals bout 265 a tire .... an if u took a 240 an do that stock you would end up in the woods about 200 feet if ur lucky enough not to hit the trees on your way in[/Q]

Haha, a 100 degree switch turn over two miles. Seriously, you think because you've taken an on/offramp fast that your car is the shit? You argue that RWD loosens your rear end? Well AWD pushes through a turn like hell. 3kGt's and stealths are heavy cars. Wait wait wait, this part gets me too, DAMP conditions, and tires DON'T squeal. Wow, impressive, I mean, I leave a white cloud of rubber from my fiero when I get on it in damp (aka rainy) conditions. I would seriously like to see you run an auto-x event and watch your ass get handed to you. www.scca.org

Better yet, *News Flash* Mclaren, Ferrari, and BMW announced that their new breed of cars will be either FWD or AWD due to RWD being horrible for handling...

Come on man
You can set up ANY car to handle, they just have different characteristics when you start hitting that threshold...

FWD, Will push, but (if you have the power) you can get on the gas and the back end will follow out
AWD, Pushes, always has, the harder you get on it, the harder it pushes, it just has more grip out of the hole
RWD, Back end will want tend to walk out

BTW that turbo you showed:
Its just the HOUSING, you still have to get the spline shaft etc. waste gate etc. The reason you get NAMEBRAND turbos is for the fact of reliability/research and support. A namebrand is less likely to take a shit on you and destroying your motor... My friend has a shelby daytona (turbo). Dyno'd it out to 179Hp, 201 ft/lb torque. Thats a T3 turbo

www.turbonetics.com

This thought that a turbo is the answer for all horsepower needs its stupid. Spit all these 1/4 times off your head that you want, hell even all these turbo specs. But if you have a motor that can't handle it. (Throwing a turbo on stock motor does havok on the piston skirts) I'm not saying turbocharging is bad, far from it. Just this notion that you should just slap a turbo onto it is becoming sickening. My Fiero will blast any of those cars up there and I only have $6k into it (11.98ET)

Now I realize his maturity level, listing the 'burnout' factor of a car all while undermining himself.
[Q]then i slam second an they continue to spin[/Q]
So, now you're saying you can't get your front wheel drive car to hook? or you can't drive, either or... Oh wait, hes also doing a 4krpm clutch dump, thats the smartest thing ever.

I personally OWN a 91 Eclipse GSX (Turbo All Wheel Drive) just dropped the motor into the machine shop to get some work done (punching it .040 over, shaving head, decking the block, balanced, taking out the balancing wheels, etc) I'm building for 350-375 HP. As of before, the thing pushed hard as hell through turns, I would imagine with the more HP its goign to amplify that problem. Hence why the car is only going to see the strip. I would take a clean 240 over my eclipse or a 3kgt.

Last edited by RandomTask; 10-08-2004 at 02:12 PM.
RandomTask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:10 AM   #32
Kick240
AF Newbie

Re: Bout to turn 16 and needs help

hey i just want to say that 240SX is the a great car i bout one when i turned 14 i 16 now and i love my 240sx iv beat crx's and dx's hachtbacks and i want to if u can put a 300ZX twin t eng in a 240SX and what is the qt mile time for a 300ZX twin t is and if it is true that a 300ZXtwin t can beat a 911 t so if u can get back to me i would be very great full
Kick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:54 AM   #33
sirsmiley
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemain
Yeah thnx for the advice I'm gonna look into the Maxima car but I'll probably fix it up then sell it eventually to get the Supra. Once again thnx for the advice.
1) youve never driven and youre not even 16

2) Youre saving up for a supra?? Not trying to be offensive but you have to lose the Fast and Furious mentality...supras dont perform well considering their cost and also,well, cost a fortune for a decent one.

3) Take driving lessons and please dont just get a car and start ripping up and down the roads just because you have a car, the more I read about young drivers gonna race, the more I get scared of driving on my own highways (take it to the track!), and im only 23!
sirsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #34
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

This thread is so old i dont think he comes around here anymore. He first posted this on 6/30 its 10/31.Let this thread die everone.
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:00 AM   #35
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth
Re: Re: Re: Bout to turn 16 and needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.stratton04
This will be my last post because I am tired of arguing with you. First off, whats the deal with this?

common man, that makes no sense.

Secondly, I stand corrected on the price of the turbo. but, you still have to add in the price of exaust manifold, waste gate, BPV/BOV, actuators, boost controller, and depending on your application, lowering the compression, and upgrading the entire fuel system (injectors, pump, etc). I know that not all of that is needed for a basic setup, but it will still run over $1500.

What is with you calling me a kid, and then calling me names like "stupid". That sounds really childish for a 22 year old to me.

All that you did in your last post was call me stupid and gloat that you found the turbo for $400, yet you didn't bother to comment on anything that i said. Did you read that i said stock 240s arnt fast, that the 3000gt is a damn good dsm if you can afford it, but guess what? a kid will have trouble affording the car and insurance. Jesus, all i am saying is that 240s are a good option for fun, practial cars for kids.

And the t03/04 hybrids max psi varies with the compressor wheel side and turbine size and can be custom made for different applications.
u can buy the whole kit on the site with a polished header no-less for 700 - just look more an ya would of seen it ... an it shows u a entire kit of what u just listed - all the material for $700 us dollars

well it seems we had gotten off a bad foot - i dont mean to offend anyone
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:08 AM   #36
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomTask
Stratton, I'm taking over for you...

Ok, I've driven a turbo stealth, and a VR-4 3kGT

[Q]i can vouch that they will handle a 100 degree switch back s-turn at 120mph in damp conditions with out even squeeling the tires - i run bridge stone potenza directionals bout 265 a tire .... an if u took a 240 an do that stock you would end up in the woods about 200 feet if ur lucky enough not to hit the trees on your way in[/Q]

Haha, a 100 degree switch turn over two miles. Seriously, you think because you've taken an on/offramp fast that your car is the shit? You argue that RWD loosens your rear end? Well AWD pushes through a turn like hell. 3kGt's and stealths are heavy cars. Wait wait wait, this part gets me too, DAMP conditions, and tires DON'T squeal. Wow, impressive, I mean, I leave a white cloud of rubber from my fiero when I get on it in damp (aka rainy) conditions. I would seriously like to see you run an auto-x event and watch your ass get handed to you. www.scca.org

Wow you think very highly of yourself there boss- what are u a car god? an congrats on ur fiero - i wouldnt own one of them bomb on wheels if someone handed me one for nothing... mid eng. rwd haha those cars walk all over the play just as the mr2's do - u can not be tryin to say that they have good handling - cause if you are - you have no clue . an i am not trashing rwd - i said they tend to suck worse than everything else... so go relax an stop acting like you invented the automobile ...

Better yet, *News Flash* Mclaren, Ferrari, and BMW announced that their new breed of cars will be either FWD or AWD due to RWD being horrible for handling...

Come on man
You can set up ANY car to handle, they just have different characteristics when you start hitting that threshold...

FWD, Will push, but (if you have the power) you can get on the gas and the back end will follow out
AWD, Pushes, always has, the harder you get on it, the harder it pushes, it just has more grip out of the hole
RWD, Back end will want tend to walk out

BTW that turbo you showed:
Its just the HOUSING, you still have to get the spline shaft etc. waste gate etc. The reason you get NAMEBRAND turbos is for the fact of reliability/research and support. A namebrand is less likely to take a shit on you and destroying your motor... My friend has a shelby daytona (turbo). Dyno'd it out to 179Hp, 201 ft/lb torque. Thats a T3 turbo

www.turbonetics.com

This thought that a turbo is the answer for all horsepower needs its stupid. Spit all these 1/4 times off your head that you want, hell even all these turbo specs. But if you have a motor that can't handle it. (Throwing a turbo on stock motor does havok on the piston skirts) I'm not saying turbocharging is bad, far from it. Just this notion that you should just slap a turbo onto it is becoming sickening. My Fiero will blast any of those cars up there and I only have $6k into it (11.98ET)

Now I realize his maturity level, listing the 'burnout' factor of a car all while undermining himself.
[Q]then i slam second an they continue to spin[/Q]
So, now you're saying you can't get your front wheel drive car to hook? or you can't drive, either or... Oh wait, hes also doing a 4krpm clutch dump, thats the smartest thing ever.

I personally OWN a 91 Eclipse GSX (Turbo All Wheel Drive) just dropped the motor into the machine shop to get some work done (punching it .040 over, shaving head, decking the block, balanced, taking out the balancing wheels, etc) I'm building for 350-375 HP. As of before, the thing pushed hard as hell through turns, I would imagine with the more HP its goign to amplify that problem. Hence why the car is only going to see the strip. I would take a clean 240 over my eclipse or a 3kgt.
^^^ laff at u buddy
Old 11-25-2004, 03:25 AM   #37
Kick240
AF Newbie

hey what the fuck u guys say that the 3000gt is so good i do thinx that it is so good like if u guys are 3000gt is faster than 240 ok it is but if u want to fuck nissan y dont u fuckin pricks try a nissan skyline and then talk shit about nissan i love my nissan and i dont like it when u asshole go and pick on the 240 all right u guys compared it to 3000gt y dont u just shut the fuck 240 is a good frist car
Old 11-25-2004, 03:29 AM   #38
Kick240
AF Newbie

sirsmile u talkin to me
Old 12-05-2004, 01:33 AM   #39
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

ya the skyline gtr is a tight ride - now that would a be a awsome race against a 3k vr4 or a r/t tt - i was gonna import one of those 5 years ago - it was gonna cost 85k to get one shipped to the usa an make it street legal - they have to down tune them to allow them into the usa....after that they push 365 hp ..... i didnt think it was all worth it to buy something that was down tuned - it would be nice to own one though - sharp lookin whip
Old 12-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #40
c.stratton04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to c.stratton04
Re: Re: Bout to turn 16 and needs help

Stop talking out of your ass stealth. You have no idea what you are saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_R/T_TT_Stealth
ya the skyline gtr is a tight ride - now that would a be a awsome race against a 3k vr4 or a r/t tt
1. GTR vs a vr4 is like a civic vs. a Z06. Not comparable.

Quote:
- i was gonna import one of those 5 years ago -
2. Motorex, the ONLY, company that modifys GTRs for the US has only been doing this since January 2000. Were you one of the very first people to know about Motorex's services? (note: there is another company that works with motores to import skylines legaly, but I forgot their name.)

Quote:
it was gonna cost 85k to get one shipped to the usa an make it street legal - they have to down tune them to allow them into the usa....after that they push 365 hp ..... i didnt think it was all worth it to buy something that was down tuned - it would be nice to own one though - sharp lookin whip
3. They do not have to "detune them" to allow them into the US. Yes emissions have to be delt with, but that will not significantly alter the horsepower. Finally, after being detuned, they push 365 hp? where the hell did you get that? I thought is was common knowledge that they push around 320 hp STOCK but since Japan has a laws on horsepower limits, they just say its 280hp. That is a far cry from 365 DETUNED.

Don't try to act cool by saying you were going to get a skyline. You just took 30 minutes of my time when I should be studying for finals.
c.stratton04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #41
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to dmbrisket 51

omg i thought this thing had finally died! let it die! its an old thread, the kid dont even come around here ne more, your arguing with yourselves, do us a favor, settle the differences and let it die
dmbrisket 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #42
Telemain
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Telemain

Naw I've been comin here for a while just havent left n e replies because its interesting to see them argue like girls ova a 3000gt hittin turns and shit like dat

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A