Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:24 AM   #16
c.stratton04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to c.stratton04
i test drove an s2000 today, and wow........ i think i am going to buy one. they are amazing cars. I have been looking to either a na supra or an s2k and now i am convinced to get the s2k. it just handles amazingly and the 9k redline is sweet.

That was a little off-topic... You never mentioned how old you were. a maxima or 240 would be perfect untill you get more cash. i am driving my 90 accord untill i get the money for the s2k. im assuming you are 16, so sorry if you arnt, but the mentioned cars are great for learning on, reliable, good aftermarket, and the 240 is rwd... hehe.
c.stratton04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #17
Telemain
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Telemain
Re: Bout to turn 16 and needs help

well I am 16 and I think I'm gonna get the 240sx
Old 07-03-2004, 08:10 PM   #18
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Bout to turn 16 and needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemain
well I am 16 and I think I'm gonna get the 240sx
by the time you have enough money to get a supra.. you'll be old enough to know there are alternatives.. and just because you can get a supra doesn't mean you can make it really fast.. the money u throw into a supra may cost over a fraction of the cars cost.. also you dont need to follow the crowd.. just get a car taht suits your needs.. if you want to get a car that you can race all the time.. your going to be sorry when something messes up.. but if you get something practical.. and actually learn how to drive correctly.. you'll have better luck in the future
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:56 AM   #19
c.stratton04
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Bout to turn 16 and needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
by the time you have enough money to get a supra.. you'll be old enough to know there are alternatives.. and just because you can get a supra doesn't mean you can make it really fast..
he is exactly right. i have about 17 grand saved up, and am looking at what car to buy. of course i considered the supra, but with it in high demand, and relatively low supply, all i could afford was an non-turbo. also i couldnt afford the insurance. now my goal is an s2k. it wont be as fast as the supra, but it handles amazingly, still decently fast (14.1 q-mile), and looks good. i think you are making the right choice with the 240.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:41 AM   #20
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to dmbrisket 51
keep it domestic, every one underestemates the cars from moter city anymore, if you break down in a jap your screwed, the costs to fix forign cars is outragous, and they are soo much more difficult to work on, just a belt can be a bi*ch
dmbrisket 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #21
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.stratton04
First off, what is your budget. I have been looking at all the options you have mentioned, and i think that for a 16 year old, the 240 is going to be the best deal. It has everything that mega-man mentioned and of course you can swap in a different engine or turbo the ka. The supra is an obviouse choice for a fast car, but is this realistic with your budget? The initial cost of the car will be a lot more than any of the other choices and the insurance will be very high. You could get the na supra and turbo it, but this will cost an additional 4 grand to do it right.

Going fast in a straight line isnt everything. A 240 with upgraded suspension will destroy a 3000gt in corners for a fraction of the cost. My advice is to look at your budget and research what cars have the most potential for what you want it to do.
Nissan 240 sx 0-60 8.8 1/4 mile 16.5 thats almost 9 seconds till your at 60 mph a elderly could rape you with there brand new for tarus with a 24 valve DOHC ---- so that is sad - dont buy one

first off if u think a nissan 240 will blow-nor out handle a awd aws 3kgt or stealth you obviously have no clue what you talking about .... i infact own a 93 stealth r/t twin tubro all wheel drive&all wheel steering, comes stock with 320 hp to the ground 317 lb torque... an sticks the road like the painted lines... i have taken this car an pushed it harder than most people would prob. even think about - i can vouch that they will handle a 100 degree switch back s-turn at 120mph in damp conditions with out even squeeling the tires - i run bridge stone potenza directionals bout 265 a tire .... an if u took a 240 an do that stock you would end up in the woods about 200 feet if ur lucky enough not to hit the trees on your way in.... also for a first car have a rwd drivetran is not the way to go - regaurdless of what tires or wheels you have an suspension they loosen up on hard cornering especially in the wet, what i would get is a eagle talon or mitsu eclipse all wheel drive turbo 2. right there ya have your friends beat but prob. not your brothers (depending on there cars)beat with handling with a mid range grade of rubbers... the acura RSX type S does 0-60 in 6.1 1/4 mile in 14.7 with qt.mile speed of 95 but thats not the base RSX which seems what he has. the honda accord does 0-60 in 7 1/4 mile in 15.5 @ speed of 92 thats newer 2003 honda...an 2000 mitsu galant does 0-60 in 8.6 1/4 mile 16.6 @ speed of 88.... an eclipse turbo will bop out a 6.1 1/4 mile 14.9 an thats the front wheel drive a awd one will give you the avantage on the RSX cause they close but u will have a faster launch an be quicker through the gears with the love of knowing your car will handle alot better.... cause a twin turbo 3000gt does 0-60 in 4.3 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 102 an that is the 300 hp model not one from the 2 years they made them with the 320 hp which i lost my drag script from when i ran other wise i woulda put that here, but the thing is with a turbo you can advance your car to be faster alot easier than a N/A engine....Go turbo awd or fwd - stay away from the rwd ya wont like it an not just cause its rwd doesnt mean ya can do better burn outs .... i have 3 other cars an for example one is a 91 daytona with the 3.0 in it 183 ci it will sit in spot barely moving just roasting the rubber if u dump the clutch at 4000 rpm an its fwd.... then i slam second an they continue to spin.... so rwd really has not much to say for its self.

Hope That Helps Ya Out

Happy Car Hunting Bud....

Laters

Last edited by 93_R/T_TT_Stealth; 10-04-2004 at 10:38 PM.
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:01 PM   #22
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

an ya you can get a t03/t04 turbo an it will not cost 4 thousand dollars to have done those turbos are polished chrome an only cost $400 per turbo.... so in less than 1500 you can buy to an have them installed on a supra twin turbo charging it an not costing you 4k - your nuts if u pay that much for a turbo set up.....people always think turbos are so exspensive - which they are not if you look an find a company that does rail you with the price ..... so ya you can get a turbo @ 400 each if u get a n/a engine which is alot better than payin 2500-3500 on a single turbo that is equivelant..... if u want to know where to get those turbos just instant message me telemain
Old 10-05-2004, 11:20 PM   #23
c.stratton04
AF Newbie

$400 for a t03/t04 huh? the whole setup for $1500? do you realize all that you need for a turbo setup? You are just spouting numbers with nothing to back up your answers. unless you are getting everything from a junkyard, it will cost more than 1500. Show me where you can get those turbos for $400 and i will shut up. untill then, stop talking out of your ass.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #24
c.stratton04
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_R/T_TT_Stealth
Nissan 240 sx 0-60 8.8 1/4 mile 16.5 thats almost 9 seconds till your at 60 mph a elderly could rape you with there brand new for tarus with a 24 valve DOHC ---- so that is sad - dont buy one
No one ever claimed that a stock 240 was fast. Do an sr swap or turbo the ka and then you will be "quick". still not faster than a 3000gt though, but you will be on your way. put some money in the suspension and It will be a very very nice beggining car. "The 240 had an incredibly balanced chassis that shared its multi-link rear suspension with the 300zx and Skyline." Sport Compact Car. So dont tell me that the 240 is a fucking piece of shit. Also, the fact that you own a 3000gt means that you are biased. I am unbiased and know the facts of each of the cars. Yes the 3000gt is a better sports car if all you are looking for is speed, but for a 16 year old the 240 is much much more practical. You have to agree with that.

Use periods (.) instead of elipses. it will make you sound smarter.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #25
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Agreed; if you're looking for straight-line speed, get a Camaro. The whole point of Japanese sports cars is balance and handling, and I'd hardly call the overweight, front-wheel-drive 3000GT SL a match for the 240SX in that department.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 PM   #26
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

the ("overweight") sl does 0-60 6.9 1/4 mile in 15.8 and the 240 sx does 0-60 8.8 1/4 mile 16.5 - as for the handling so me something that says car chasis that is made out of carbon fiber (Skyline) is on the 240sx with means nothing compared to the skyline for nissan. -an smart ass here is a site that sells the t03/t04 turbos u are really stupid - dont even argue with me now - there is some proof you can get those turbos for that - an dont bitch about the set up they are for - its cause they dont sell turbos for other than the honda set up but they are the price an the same turbo just the exhaust set up changes an they dont sell it for other than a honda- but other places do because we have boughten them from level 10 cause they had them sittin around so i got em .... So... sorry to say stratton your very wrong buddy go kill yourself kid. oh an do you even know what those turbos boost at ? if not you add another reason why ur stupid - u can guess an possibly get it right an possibly get it wrong - good odds for u ..

also i dont own a 3kgt - an i am not bias - i love cars - i am not bias toward my friends crx an my friends mustang or my other buddy's camaro just for some examples.... so quiet yourself kid

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1324
Old 10-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #27
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

now whats up? i showed you where you can get t/03 t/04 for $400 dollars now what ?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:54 PM   #28
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

all of the cars you listed your friends own are all in different classes, i would opt for a old supra turbo(91)
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:23 AM   #29
c.stratton04
AF Newbie

This will be my last post because I am tired of arguing with you. First off, whats the deal with this?

Quote:
i infact own a 93 stealth r/t twin tubro all wheel drive&all wheel steering,
Quote:
also i dont own a 3kgt - an i am not bias - i love cars - i am not bias toward my friends crx an my friends mustang or my other buddy's camaro just for some examples.... so quiet yourself kid
common man, that makes no sense.

Secondly, I stand corrected on the price of the turbo. but, you still have to add in the price of exaust manifold, waste gate, BPV/BOV, actuators, boost controller, and depending on your application, lowering the compression, and upgrading the entire fuel system (injectors, pump, etc). I know that not all of that is needed for a basic setup, but it will still run over $1500.

What is with you calling me a kid, and then calling me names like "stupid". That sounds really childish for a 22 year old to me.

All that you did in your last post was call me stupid and gloat that you found the turbo for $400, yet you didn't bother to comment on anything that i said. Did you read that i said stock 240s arnt fast, that the 3000gt is a damn good dsm if you can afford it, but guess what? a kid will have trouble affording the car and insurance. Jesus, all i am saying is that 240s are a good option for fun, practial cars for kids.

And the t03/04 hybrids max psi varies with the compressor wheel side and turbine size and can be custom made for different applications.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:34 AM   #30
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

240SX >>> 3000GT

It's all about the handling. If you want power out of a 240, turbo the KA and there you go, low 14's.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A