Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #16
MunG35
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MunG35 Send a message via Yahoo to MunG35
Re: Best Affordable new V6? (manual trans, fun, etc.)

schec jus stfu ur incompetence pisses me off...

look around for low apr deals and the 0 down deals.. i've seen em all around town down stevens creek auto row here...
Old 06-05-2004, 11:20 PM   #17
schecter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to schecter

ya and its bull shit the interest is high as all hell, so are the payments, u gotta have absolutely immaculate credit o down my ass have u ever been to a dealer mug? im guessing not cuz they still make u put something down anyway. especially a if it was sum 18 r old they arent gonna say o heres the keys to a brand new porsche o no money down just take it and hopefully u pay. wut are u a fucking moron or something??? get the hell outta here unless ur family owns a dealership and this is how they work then im wrong but since mine does and never has never will despite commercials shove it up ur ass NEVER TRY AGAIN
schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:23 AM   #18
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Schecter, you are a complete idiot. Where did I say this guy should buy an M3??? Theres a difference between the 3-series I was talking about (323, 325, 328, 330) and the M3.

If your looking into a snow car a BMW probably isnt your best option. Im sorry for what has happened to your thread WayOutCat. Look into a RSX, Honda quality will last you a long time, and FWD works pretty well in the snow. Overall just a very fun car. All years are pretty much the same, but you'll find lower prices as you get older.

Also look into a Subaru Impreza or a Legacy, AWD is good in snow, and there a bit bigger.
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #19
schecter
Banned

this guy cant afford one moron hes bullshittin ppl i stumbled upon his older threads and he says he can only afford an old eclipse, or miata and that bullshit so dont even waste ur time with this kid anymore its all bs and i already told u u wanna attack me personlaly pm me
Old 06-06-2004, 02:22 AM   #20
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Blah, this thread is painful to read. If you need a V6/I6 and all-weather capability, your best bets are the BMW 3 Series, the Audi A4 Quattro, or the Infiniti G35. All of those are available with all-wheel-drive and a 6-cylinder engine. They all cost around $35,000, though. If you can live without all-wheel-drive, you have a whole lot of options opening up. Would you prefer a sedan or a coupe? How much would you like to spend on a new car? How much value do you place on performance, safety, and reliability?
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #21
WayOutCat
AF Enthusiast

Thanks, DinanM3, Kman, MunG35 for all you good help.

what schecter says is right about my earlier posts-- i *have* been asking around about affordable fun cars for years;

i only recently considered the remote possibility of a new car after a friend told me about the zero down & low finance deals going around.

I don't know why schecter is so angry just because i asked if there are any affordable cars of this type. i evidently am so poor that he hates me for it .

However, I have --at certain times in the past-- been as pointlessly angry as he is now, so i don't bear him any grudge. i just hope he gets over it, and that someday he and i can cordially discuss cars again : )

thanks again to everyone (schecter included) -- i will see if i can find a good acura rsx from enough years ago that it is in my price range. and mister grumpy is probably right that putting at least a little money down would be a good idea.

i'm still looking at Nissans and Toyotas too; though i suppose my dream of an affordable 6 cylinder will have to wait.
WayOutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #22
schecter
Banned

im in no way pissed off at u way out cat it was just a lil fshy that u have been askin about diff cars all the timeand ur price range was all over the place. ur not gonna find an rsx for cheap for a long time so dont bother looking go w/ audi haha seriously tho try 300zx dinanm3 and kman know wut he/she is talkin about so listen to them as well, but mug35 is a complete moron he gets flamed all the time for being a retard good luck tho
Old 06-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #23
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Well, the Acura RSX is just a new name for the latest generation of the Acura Integra. The RSX has only been around since 2002, but the Integra has been around since 1986. The Integra is front-wheel-drive, but it handles excellently and grips tenaciously. If you want an all-weather sports car that you can buy used cheaply, it's one of the better ones out there. And yes, although the four-cylinder engine has to rev fairly high to make decent power, it's designed to take that kind of stress. Integras are some of the most reliable vehicles on the road, and if properly cared for, they will easily last you 200,000 miles.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #24
WayOutCat
AF Enthusiast

well, i am trying to do my homework in betweeen posts so i waste y'all's time as little as possible with stupid questions, so i went and checked out the z forum and everyone agreed that a 300zx in snow was suicide.

i live in Michigan where the weather is 5 months of Vietnam, so your car needs MASSIVE Air Conditioning ability and reliability --its gets so hot here you can die--... and also 5 months of Norway, so your car needs to deal with a foot of snow.

to be fair to Michigan (and i can't move) there are two perfect months, usually around October and May, where it's not a frying pan or a blizzard.

But sadly, the 300zx cannot be the fun daily driver of my dreams. : (

other than the Integra --i've driven a few that the owners claim they have modded to close to their potential and they still seem slow to me--, what other fun affordable cars are out there that can deal with snow? all i've found so far is the Celica GT.

is it really down to these two? and what are the potentials, hp wise for a mid 90's Integra? once i actually own the car i can slowly add mods. i'm not too poor to do that. it just has to be a bit at a time.

i have also been trying to find a heavily modded Civic (i.e. sufficient hp) that has a bad dent or horrible paint job so that it's in my price range.

are there any other options for a poor bloke in a snow state?
WayOutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:43 PM   #25
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Hmm, well yeah, most rear-drive cars are a pain in the ass to drive in the snow. You can get all-wheel-drive Imprezas from the mid-90's for cheap, but they aren't very sporty or fast. You could always finance a new WRX, but it's kinda expensive ($25,000). So yeah, I guess it's gonna come down to a sporty front-wheel-drive car and a set of snow tires.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:31 PM   #26
MunG35
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MunG35 Send a message via Yahoo to MunG35

i get flamed? and he gets banned... talk about fish... what strike is that schec? 4?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:03 PM   #27
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

He got banned? Thank God.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:24 PM   #28
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

THX moderators
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:58 PM   #29
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91300zxtt

not to sound partial or anything but 300zx, i realize you live in michigan. i live in upper illinois chicago and i dont have a huge prob in the snow, but i do live in the city tho so
91300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A