Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:11 AM   #1
hotpipes
AF Newbie

02 malibu won't start

I found out why my 02 Malibu wouldn't start some times. After having the ignition key and ignition lock replaced twice I found out that my key did not have a chip in it and had nothing to do with it not starting. I found by replacing the casing or housing to the ignition starter lock assembly witch has all the wires attached to it, my car has never missed starting once. It took me about an hour. I purchased the part on Amazon for $45.00 dollars and found the help to replace it on YouTube.

About a week Later my engine light came on so I removed the ignition lock assembly housing and put on some dielectric grease to the electrical spade connections and the engine light went off. It's been two weeks now and my car has not missed starting once.
hotpipes

Today is a bummer after a month or so my car would not start and I had to go back to waiting 10 minutes to allow the ignition lock assembly to relearn the code to start the car

I took the switch out again and tightened up all the connections the best I could and was able to push the small yellow wire into it's socket about three sixteenths of an inch I put some dielectric grease on the mail spade connections and I than reinstalled the switch and the check engine light was out and it started OK I will let you know if that did the job and it lasts for more than a month.

It has been over a month now and I can say my repair has been a good one. The car has not refused to start for over a month.

Last edited by hotpipes; 11-03-2016 at 05:16 PM.
hotpipes is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu