Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
paulmac56
AF Newbie

Post Made purchase and now dealer wants wheels back

Hello new member here.
I just purchased a new Durango. I liked one on the lot but didn't need the fancy wheels on it. However, they wanted to work a deal with me on that vehicle. I told the initial salesman that I really didn't want the wheels as according to the window sticker, they added $4,000 to the price. Anyway we all know how drawn out deals can get. I went back and forth with the sales manager several times and they finally made me an acceptable deal. At one point I did tell the sales manager that I didn't need those wheels. Long story short, I signed all the paperwork and waited an hour for them to get my new vehicle ready. I had my wife and 2 disabled kids with me and we really had enough. We went to the vehicle and I didn't even let the salesman show me the ropes as I had to get the kids home. I didn't notice until I got home that the expensive wheels and tires were still on the car. I am not sure what they were doing for an hour but they did not change the wheels out. My question is - are those wheels now mine? There is nothing in the documents that I signed about exchanging the wheels. As a matter of fact the one document that talks about what is still to be done is "X" out which means they owe me nothing and I owe them nothing. I would appreciate feedback on this. Since the ink is dry is the vehicle mine as is????? I am an honest person but I did tell the salesman and the manger that I didn't need those wheels. I figured they were negotiating with me knowing that fact. Please advise and thank you!
Paul
paulmac56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Venzo280
AF Newbie

Re: Made purchase and now dealer wants wheels back

So they sold you the durango with the wheels for the price of one without them? That is a good deal. Since the paperwork is legal and your description seems to make it seem like no cash is owed on the car, everything is legal and the wheels are yours to keep
Venzo280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
paulmac56
AF Newbie

Document called "Get Ready Instructions" specifically says it is "sold as equipped". On the custom added equipment/extended service contract there is just a big X on the page with both parties signatures.
I may offer them something as I don't want to feel like I stole something. They had the vehicle for 2 hours and didn't change out the wheels. Not sure how I will handle this right now. Suggestions anyone?
paulmac56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
Venzo280
AF Newbie

I think you should confirm with the manager, just to make sure that you can, infact, keep the wheels.
Venzo280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Does this need to be on an auto forum. It's more a matter of conscience. You seem to feel like you've done something wrong. As stated call the service manager and ask. You'll feel better.
I once bought an E-250 van that had solid windows all around. I wanted hinged windows. I struck a deal to have them replaced. I took the van home, they ordered the parts. The parts dragged in causing delays. They had to order new glass, hinges, hardware, latches and gaskets for each window. Many parts were different. So after 3 weeks it was complete. They couldn't find the invoice for the work. Finally the general manager of the dealership came up to me with the invoice. He apologized for the delay and tore the invoice up saying I owed them nothing.
I definitely referred them to everybody. Honesty is the best policy.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A