Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
niv123
AF Newbie

102mph in 65mp zone

Hi,
I'm resident of peoria,IL. I got speeding ticket going 102mph in 65mph zone(over 37 and below 40).This is my first ticket in my total driving history(2.5 Yrs) in US. I have a court appointment on next month. What could be the penality I'm going to get?Will my license get suspended?Is there anyway to get rid of this?

This was what actually happened.I merged into some highway(65mph) and while going I was following a car on the right lane.After I travelled sometime (around 8min) before merging into city road police stopped both cars and officer told me that I was travelling on 102mph.I got shocked because I'm confident that I never travelled that much speed(and also one more thing it was just 8min drive).But I remembered one car passed my car very fast on the left lane but that guy did not get ticket.So what I'm suspecting is that he pointed out to that car and gave the ticket to me. In the ticket it was showing 'Rader(M)'. I did not know whether it was possible or not. I did not have any proof also(nobody in my car and also I don't think cars maintain the history of speeds;mine is Nissan Altima 2008).
Please give me your suggestions!
Thanks inadvance,
niv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
niv123
AF Newbie

Re: 102mph in 65mp zone

anybody please give me reply
niv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

Talk to your dealer.. some cars computers store top speed and RPM for warrenty issues.
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
bobss396
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bobss396

I like the computer readout defense, if it can be done. Otherwise with no witnesses (how about the guy that was stopped with you?) you're looking at a big fine ($300 and up with a possible surcharge) and possibly some big points on your license.

Bob
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

That would be a wreckless driving charge in my state. You wouldn't have your license for too long here.
Hungrycat7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only