Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
virgamanda
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to virgamanda
96 Prelude h23a1 to h23a3 swap with tdc sensor problem...Help!!

I have a 96 prelude that originally had a 2.3 h23a1 engine. It blew up so I replaced it with a used(23000 Miles) 2.3 h23a3, now I have no fire from the coil. The only difference is the old h23a1 motor has an external coil with a tdc sensor behind the timing cover and the new h23a3 has the coil inside the distributor and no tdc sensor, not even a place to put the one i took off the old one. I transferred the old coil and the old distributor to the new motor, is there a way to trick the pcm like a jumper in the connector or something. does anyone know how I can get this coil to fire.
virgamanda is offline   Reply With Quote