Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars
Kit Cars Replicas, rebodies, customs or engineering. Talk about it all here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
UnspoiledWalnut
AF Newbie

Adding Power to an RX7/Replace Transmission

I was thinking about buying a 1984 RX7 with a 12a rotary engine, but I want to get a car to work on to get more power since I'm only going to really use it to play with. So is it possible to add turbos to rotary engines? I've never done anything with them before so I'm not sure; I figured that if I redid the exhaust and intake it would add a few HP to it, but not much and those engines don't have much power to them as far as I know. So I was hoping that someone might have some suggestions (and I don't really do a lot with cars so I might get lost if you use a lot of jargon).

Also, I wanted to get a 1986 Camaro and replace the engine with a V8 and do some body work to make it look better, but it's got an automatic transmission. Is it possible to swap that out for a manual transmission or is that borderline impossible?
UnspoiledWalnut is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars