Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
The satty vs. Camaro z28

Today my girlfriend, boss, and I were out filming for our bullrun video north of town. My friend was bored so he rolled up there in his 99 Z28. Little background on his car: it has intake, slp catback, and is hptuned by me. So we filmed for a while and headed back to the shop. On the way back we have to cross a bridge, and right when we got off the ramp i pulled up next to him with a shit eating grin on my face. I had 3 people and a guap load of camera equiptment in my car and he was alone, so i pretty much knew the outcome, but im not one to let an empty road go to waste so i had some fun. I honked it down and we took off from about 40. It was even through 2nd as i shifted to 3rd around 70, he started inching slowly all while covering his ear (my open cutout is loud as hell). He grabbed 4th just shy of 100 and as i was reving out 3rd I gained a foot or so back. It stayed like that until we both let off at about 110 before I grabbed 4th. When we lifted my nose was at his rear tire, i figured its not too bad for an additional 350lbs dissadvantage. Sorry no vid this time, but ill get one when we do it for real! Just thought I'd share my excitement.
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
Re: The satty vs. Camaro z28

Good job! Loose the weight and smoke him!

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
TerminalVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Now you know how VR4 owners feel!

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

lol yes sir! It was pretty much exactly the same outcome as when my friend raced him in his vr4 with intake exhaust and boost controller. LS1 pulled slightly as we died a little on the inside!
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Nice race. Im with Terminal if you had been alone and without the camera stuff you would have walked the Z...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Did I mention the Z has no spare tire or jack and that I was wearing black socks that day? I blame the black socks really
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity

You need white socks and chucks. Be the buster.

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
TerminalVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #8
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

If he's shifting at just before 100mph in 3rd gear he's short shifting... he can let it run all the way to 104-105mph just before he hits the fuel-cut off to drop into 4th.

Short shifting is no bueno. Let the LS1 sing up top. But... since you're the one racing him don't tell him that so you'll beat him next time fo sho.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

I tuned him and even raised his rev limiter to 6300 so he usually brings it to 6200 which read on the hptuners scanner at like 100-102. The 45 series 17 inch tires may play a role though, not sure. Or maybe the speedo is off. All I know is he shifts just barely before me and I shift to 4th at just under 110
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post
If he's shifting at just before 100mph in 3rd gear he's short shifting... he can let it run all the way to 104-105mph just before he hits the fuel-cut off to drop into 4th.

Short shifting is no bueno. Let the LS1 sing up top. But... since you're the one racing him don't tell him that so you'll beat him next time fo sho.
That is kind of what I was wondering. Even the 6 speed VR4's 3rd gear goes to 107, the 5 speed is like 120 in 3rd. I would imagine the T56 LS1's shift at nearly the same point as the 6 speed VR4's as when I raced that WS6 we shifted at nearly the same time at nearly the same exact speed.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Maybe when we were tuning he was lifting a bit early, cause I know we never tuned in 4th. All I know is he shifted a tad before me and then we let off.

I do remember his 2nd gear going to exactly 75 though, does that sound right? I may have him take me for another ride in it and top out 3rd to end my suspicion lol
Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Maybe when we were tuning he was lifting a bit early, cause I know we never tuned in 4th. All I know is he shifted a tad before me and then we let off.

I do remember his 2nd gear going to exactly 75 though, does that sound right? I may have him take me for another ride in it and top out 3rd to end my suspicion lol

Lol. yeah that is exactly where my 2nd gear goes to if I shift @ 7k rpms (redline).

Old 08-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Lol it would be weird racing someone and shifting at the exact same time and hearing it go quiet for that split second! I remember when I raced him he shifted to 3rd right after me and to 4th right before.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Lol it would be weird racing someone and shifting at the exact same time and hearing it go quiet for that split second! I remember when I raced him he shifted to 3rd right after me and to 4th right before.
if it goes quiet for a split second you're not shifting fast enough... the front end should never dive...

No lift shifts ftw!

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

I love my no lift shift shoots a nice flame too, especially with the meth!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing