Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 04:00 PM   #16
SinisterSavior
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SinisterSavior
1 more thing

Oh the Integra is probably my second choice since id rather get a NISSAN. The only other nissan that fits my taste would probably be a 240sx,so the tegs a last resort ..kinda
SinisterSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 08:47 PM   #17
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to wingsofwar Send a message via AIM to wingsofwar Send a message via Yahoo to wingsofwar
for newbies..i suppose a older model vehicle would be appropriate..around late 80s to early 90s. A good choice would be a Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS because of the access to AWD and the ability to find lots of performance/cosmetics mods..Good for newbies because they help drivers in all seasons. Good race, show, and daily driver car..why dont you think about it..
Old 08-19-2002, 08:55 PM   #18
yospeed
AF Newbie

I don't think a newbie should be driving any car that has turbo or any car that is RWD. These types of cars are just too unpredictable for someone with very little driving experience. One of these days you'll be going into a corner thinking everything is fine and then suddenly your turbo kicks in and your rear end swings around in front of you and BAP...... you're stuck on the road with your wheels popped off, a broken axle, and a lot of body damage. I suggest a nice FWD or AWD car for all newbies.
yospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 09:07 PM   #19
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jumpman_Z
Quote:
I don't think a newbie should be driving any car that has turbo or any car that is RWD. These types of cars are just too unpredictable for someone with very little driving experience. One of these days you'll be going into a corner thinking everything is fine and then suddenly your turbo kicks in and your rear end swings around in front of you and BAP...... you're stuck on the road with your wheels popped off, a broken axle, and a lot of body damage. I suggest a nice FWD or AWD car for all newbies.
Hmm, that sounds like something that could happen to someone with years of driving experience. Guess you gotta start sometime.

Z33, 287 hp, 274 lb/ft torque. 'Nuff said.
Jumpman_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 02:30 AM   #20
SlowNLow
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SlowNLow
Re: Saw a 300ZX in action! It's official, I'm obsessed!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jumpman_Z
I was riding with my mom in her 280ZX looking at the car dealerships (looking for a car to get for me, I'm 16), and as soon as we turn, I see some sinister looking headlights appear in the rear-view mirror. I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it was something cool. As soon as it drove past us, I knew it was the car that has had my eyes for the past few months: The Z32. I knew they were fast but I had never tested one before. When the driver stepped on the pedal, the tires screeched for about a couple tenths of a second, and that bad boy flew! It must have been a TT, because it took off so quickly. I'm officially obsessed with the car now, and I see why everyone praises it. I'll buy my own one day, but they're pretty rare around here, so for right now, I'll settle with the 350Z or Corvette. Whoever you were, I hope you're reading this, because I'm going to find you, and you'll be smelling my exhaust fumes next time, when I blow the dust off twin turbo ass!

If you think the new 350z has a chance agains the 300zxtt then you just don't know. Look at the spec's man there nice and quick but not what they use to be. They went more to look's and style instead of speed. But I'm not cutting the car I would love to have one.

**ALWAYS FOR SALE**everything has a price tag
300zxtt
Pic's in link....
http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos...&smi=1&a=78756

If interested please PM
SlowNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:46 PM   #21
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Yeah, I've been reading the specs. The 350Z has 287 hp and 274 lb-ft of torque. The 96 300zxtt had 280 hp (300 for older models). The 350Z is also lighter, and is non-aspirated, no turbo lag to deal with. It goes from 0-60 a couple tenths faster, and tops out at 156, where as the Z32 tops out at 155.

If facts aren't enough for you, look at history. Starting witht the 240Z, Nissan has improved on every following model. What makes you think that they would stop now? They said that the the 350Z was going to be the fastest Z yet.

Sure, like I said in the first post, I'm obsessed with the 300ZX, but I'm not in denial.

Old 09-03-2002, 05:52 PM   #22
UltimaSE-R
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UltimaSE-R
lol

Hey, Im sry.... but im 16 too and I would love to have the fastest sports cars known to man, but...you need to realize that you will kill yourself with any of these fast cars....man...all i want is a cheap first car....and after a few years....my insurance will go down and I will *SAVE UP* to get a really nice car. Hell if my parents were giving me 40k to buy any car i would probably still get something basic at first and wait til later.........(even thou that bad side of me wants to get a godam R-32 GT-R :smoker2: )

Now...2nd off....I WILL PROMISE YOU....you will not have your 1st car forever....there are WAY to many factors in play, your views of cars may change, you will probably develop a love for other cars, you may wreck your car ( especially if it is considered a sports car), maintance costs, and if you had such an eye opening experience seeing this z32 tt spin tires..and u became obsessed with it....what is gonna happen when some other fast car spanks whatever car you have?.....and also....your parents may be buyin you this car but they arent always gonna be there to pay for everything....so if u even wanna think about maintaining a sports car ( mods, insurance, maintance, gas etc.)...GET A NICE JOB

and hey....goodluck....im not trying to burst your bubble....im just trying to give you a different view on things....and get you to not rush into such a big responsibilty with a sports car early on that may hinder other things you wanna do with your ( or your parents ) money

p.s. NISSAN rules
UltimaSE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 10:02 PM   #23
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Hey, just because you have a fast car, it doesn't mean that you'll kill yourself. I really want to get the first year model of thE 350Z, and I don't plan on buying from some used car lot five years from now.

I am very aware of the maintenence costs of a car, and I won't have a problem handling that. I already have money set aside, should any anything need to be repaired or replaced.

Yes, you can keep a car forever, assuming you don't wreck it into pieces. I know people that have had their cars for 20+ years. When I said that I would keep the car forever, I never said that I wasn't going to buy any other cars. 5-6 years from now, I would at least like to have another less expensive car to drive around to keep mileage low on the Z car.

I seriously doubt that I would lose interest in the car. I've been into Z cars since I was 10, and my love for them continues to grow. If I wanted another car, I would probably just wait until I could afford to buy another car. I'm the type of person that never trades anything for something else. I hate doing that.

Old 09-09-2002, 04:53 AM   #24
itsyouagainstme
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to itsyouagainstme
I have a 86 300zx turbo that i just got i love the thing they handel really well and the digital dashes look really coll and they have alot of other cool stuff you should look into them... goto z31.com they have alot of info on them lata
itsyouagainstme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 10:11 AM   #25
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by itsyouagainstme
I have a 86 300zx turbo that i just got i love the thing they handel really well and the digital dashes look really coll and they have alot of other cool stuff you should look into them... goto z31.com they have alot of info on them lata
You like the look of the digital dash? I have one in my 280... i think its wierd looking...

I dunno about yours, but mine is hard to read, the Tach goes 1,2,3,5,7... something like that anyways... skips some numbers, and has little lines representing them...

I don't really pay attention to the tach, I just wait till the little green bars on the tach stack up until they wont stack anymore, then shift to the next gear :P I need a real tach

-Grendel
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 10:18 PM   #26
itsyouagainstme
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to itsyouagainstme
Quote:
Originally posted by Grendel

You like the look of the digital dash? I have one in my 280... i think its wierd looking...

I dunno about yours, but mine is hard to read, the Tach goes 1,2,3,5,7... something like that anyways... skips some numbers, and has little lines representing them...

I don't really pay attention to the tach, I just wait till the little green bars on the tach stack up until they wont stack anymore, then shift to the next gear :P I need a real tach

-Grendel

hehe i just think it looks cool, it might fade lol i just got the thing like 3 weeks ago but i love it
itsyouagainstme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 09:13 PM   #27
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SilverLotus340R
Quote:
Sure, I could get a regular Mustang, Eclipse, or Celica, but I have the opportunity to get almost any car that I want up the 40K range. I figure, I might as well take advantage, since I want to keep my first car forever I should go ahead and get one of the cars that I've been dreaming about. My parents would probably think that I was crazy if I didn't.
can someone say rich boy??? j/p but what is the challenge of working towards your dream car ..when you already have it @ 16..DONT GET ME WRONG if my parents would buy me somethign like that when i turn 16 DAMN id take it..but i dunno..i got mixed ideas..but id still take it specially a vette or a lotus elise
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
SilverLotus340R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 09:55 PM   #28
UltimaSE-R
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UltimaSE-R
my thoughts exactly......:smoker2:
UltimaSE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:15 PM   #29
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Yeah, I'd take a Lotus over a Z car anytime. But they cost a LOT more. I won't even think about owning one for at least another 6 years, unless I get rich.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:17 AM   #30
khmerguy618
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to khmerguy618 Send a message via Yahoo to khmerguy618
i have a z32 for sale 90...4500 bux
khmerguy618 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)