Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 05:46 PM   #61
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jumpman_Z
Please, try reading the entire post sometimes, My job does not involve filing papers, or anything like that. Let's just say, it's a lot harder than working the layaway section at Wal-Mart, and it does require working in the cold sometimes (like right now). No, I have not worked 40 hours in one week, but I have worked 10 in one day. I also recall saying in an earlier post, this was not my only means of making cash. And, yes you can find another job. Every store doesn't start you off at minimum wage.

I don't understand what your problem is. I haven't done any boasting. Just telling the truth. You are the one who keeps talking about slaving to get everything. I never said money was everything. Maybe that's what you're thinking.

You seem to believe that you are a man because you had to worked twice as hard as other people, and anyone who you didn't feel worked as hard as you is a "boy". Are you Amish or something?:smoka: That's the same belief that they have. You know, slaves worked extremely hard, but their owners still called them "boy" everyday.

Quote:
Fuck yea i'm 16 and i drive my moms car to work when i get a chance if she doesnt need it, i usally ride my bike (5miles one way) and on sundays i donate my time to the retirement home i asked my parents for 1k and they told me no go get it yourself...
giving your kids 40k when they turn 16 doesnt teach them shit.
I know my parents can afford to buy me a car but they know it is better to earn your own belongings. I have bought my own tv, computer, ps2, stereo, pay for my cell phone and my parents didnt help me at all.
Spoiled little brats just tick me off and they all think they are going to end up the big rich punks... cause they are and they are going to get it all from mommy and daddy when they die.

so fuck all u spoiled little bitches
96hatch, not giving them anything anything might not teach them shit, either. My best friend has parents could get him almost anything, but they say no every time he asks. Now, he steals anytime he thinks he can get away with it. He's gotten pretty good at it, too. He bragged to me one time about the $20 that he stole from a lady's purse. Once, he showed me all these pens that he stole from Wal-Mart (hey, that's where you work, jrt8222). And he's still lazy as hell. He had to repeat 9th grade because he failed all of his classes (all of them!). Would rather cheat than study, and he would never exercise or practice basketball (that's why he got cut). So maybe, at birth it's decided whetheryou're either going to be a hard worker or someone who wants everything handed to you. I wish I would have thought about that earlier. This example proves that it doesn't matter.

I pay for a lot of my stuff as well. If you take a look at www.jumpmankicks.com/collection.htm, all those shoes are ones that I payed for myself (expept for the birthday and Christmas presents. I also bought my own Playstation, and I pay for my own video games as well. I pay the monthly bill on that site with my own money as well.

Okay, you can post all you want, but I might not respond for a few days. I have exams all next week, and I'd rather be studying. If I worried about what jealous and angry people think, I probably wouldn't have anything.

Z33, 287 hp, 274 lb/ft torque. 'Nuff said.
Jumpman_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:35 PM   #62
JeffreyGB
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JeffreyGB
Jump, there are only two things that you've said that I have any problem with. First, you are rich. You may not realize it, and you may not have always been rich (though I'm guessing that the poorer times are about middle class). From everything you've said, however, you are rich. There's nothing wrong with that. It simply is.

I have no problem believing you have a great job, nor do I take issue with your other methods of getting $$$. The truth, however, is that not everyone has the same opportunities you do. Hell, in a lot of inner city jobs people - adults even - aren't able to get a job at a McDonalds because McDonalds has slightly more afluent people applying (likely with slightly better qualifications - almost always from a better neighborhood). I'm not preaching this because it's affected me. It hasn't. My life has been somewhere inbetween that and the life you're living - though I will say that pretty much everything I've ever owned I have earned myself. I'm saying this simply to inform you that no, looking in the paper and finding a better job isn't all it would take for everyone. Even if qualified, many people wouldn't get hired for a better job, especially at a relatively young age.

I'm curious about how you got your job - not because I don't think you earned or deserve it, but simply because it would be remarkable for it to have little to do with your background, considering your age (and next to impossible [statistically speaking] for it to have nothing to do with it...hell, even the quality of attention and education you recieve in school has something to do with your background).

Anyway, congrats on getting the great car. In a few years I hope to have a silver convertible along the same lines.
JeffreyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 01:37 AM   #63
jrt8222
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jrt8222
Why even post? I guess I just like to argue :p

Right on Jeff, Im over qualifed for alot of jobs I work honestly, I have a 3lvl In Satellite Wideband Communications and Telementry Systems (2E1x1) with the airforce but Im 20 and around here nobody is looking for a 20 yr old satellite tech not to mention the market on Technolgy based industries in general are pretty slow. Jummperman to say you have worked harder than layaway at wal-mart during x-mas makes me laugh. But then again have you ever been to wal-mart? Prob not, your too good for it, no better yet alot of "AMISH" (hard working people with morales...perhaps did you mean omish? wich lol im not) people shop there. You worked 10 whole hours...wow i retract my preivous statement, YOU DO WORK HARD...ROFL please try a 12 hr shift you out of touch reality dont know im spoiled brat. He he dont even know why Im still responding to this still, I looked at your webstie, that looked liked close to 5 grand in shoes...you paid for that? Did you go to the bank and take the money out of your trust fund all by yourself? You make alternate means of money? Earning interest off a account you dont put money isnt earning. Face it all the money you have made and probley ever will are the fruits of others labors. This will prob be my last reply since I have figured by now you are the kinda of person who is totoaly oblivous to the real world.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:42 AM   #64
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Jeff, what is your idea of "rich"? I always thought of rich as not having to work, and being able to buy nearly anything that you desired. That's not me.

Jrt, if you think working layaway is hard, try mopping up floor wax and stripper in an entire building for 10 hours. Smelling wax stripper alone can knock you out if you breathe too much.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #65
Bobthemailman
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Bobthemailman Send a message via AIM to Bobthemailman
guys, this is a place for us to enjoy what we all love most, our Z's, not a place to bash eachothers brain's out, so shhh.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #66
JeffreyGB
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JeffreyGB
Amen, Bob

Jump, your description of rich implies that once someone has money they become lazy and that laziness is the distinction. I beg to differ. First off, let's think about Bill Gates - probably the richest person alive today, certainly he was a few years ago. He still works. He doesn't work in the same manner that a lot of us think of when we say the word "work" but it's still work. No, working is far from an factor that excludes the rich. In fact those who earned their wealth (rather than inheriting it [and no, I'm not intending that to be a jab at you. You're working as well, so it becomes less applicable]) are far more likely to work to preserve/continue to increase it. Even if they didn't have to do anything to earn a living, it wouldn't be a financially sound decision to do nothing and they act accordingly.

Now then, going back to a definition of what is rich: the ability to buy a $40k car for a child's first ride certainly qualifies. I've gotten to the point that I tend to think of people's whose parents pay for college to be rich - though that's not always the case (I'm simply living the reverse and thus get things a bit skewed in that area). Certainly nearly any family sending their child to a private school for secondary or elementary education would qualify. There's a certain level of architecture found in a person's home that would be a consideration - and I don't mean a mansion. If you have any kind of staff maintaining your home (staff doesn't include paying the 12 year old next door $15 to mow the lawn) it would push you toward the rich category. ::thinks:: There's a lot of stuff. It comes down to a judgement call, but I think most of the above would qualify. If your family would do ok with only one person working, you're fulfilling another item I'd list as pushing you closer to rich. The poverty line for the U.S. is about $9000. I'd say that if you make more than twice that you're firmly in the middle class. More than 5 or 6 times that and you're pushing toward rich (though clearly such a specific figure is going to be area specific - in DC and CA, it'd be more like 10 times that).

- Jeffrey
JeffreyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 07:57 PM   #67
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Bill Gates is not a good comparison, he is rich, a multibillionaire. My family and I do all of the work inside and around the house. I think your idea of rich is anyone who has more than you. When I can afford to purchase a Bentley or Ferrari and not worry about how the notes are going to get paid, then I'll agree that I'm rich.

Yeah, Bob, you're right. I do like to argue, but I'm beginning to get tired of it. All I ever did was say that I was getting a 300ZX or 350Z, and I got flamed for it, and flamed more when I posted the pictures. I am not going to respond to anymore negative comments, I don't care anymore.

Old 12-21-2002, 12:49 AM   #68
jrt8222
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jrt8222
I appoligize....well kinda

Yes Bob you are much wiser than us for seeing the true point of this forum! No really, no saracasm intended. To be honest all of us who "flamed" jummper for his possesions should learn to live with people who have it better than us. Its not really a big deal (although belive me till you've done 12hrs at wal-mart lay a way during the holidays you havent lived) and arguing over it wont solve anything. Well one thing we can argue about in this forum is cars, and my 91 300zx tt will smoke your 350! MUAHAHAHHA....anyways had to get that out of my system.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:52 AM   #69
turbostratus
AF Newbie

2003 Stratus R/T Fully Loaded I am only 17 and that 350z teenager is my classmate.

paid 29,395
turbostratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 07:59 AM   #70
itsmeek
AF Regular

Re: H A N G O N !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NISSANSPDR

Whoa...your 16 and your gonna get a Vette or a 350Z? Number one...your gonna kill yourself b/c neither of those cars are suitable for a kid to drive...your gonna kill yourself or others w/the mentality you are displaying here. These are high HP RWD sports cars and definitely should be treated w/respect and definitely not put in the hands of newbie who just got his license and the ink isnt even dry yet on it...and here u come jumpin in a 300HP+ RWD sports car demon and god knows what will happen...

Number 2...these cars arent cheap (350Z $26-$34k & the Vette starts at $38k)...so what are you going to have to strive for later in your life when you start out w/such a nice car?

I dont mean to rag or hassle you...I just want you to live to be able to smoke Z32's if that is what you desire...personally go smoke some V8 muscle cars...those should be your target...not fellow Nissan's like the Z32...especially if your wielding a 350Z.

Just take it easy and lets see if we can get you into a cheap, fast sports car that wont kill you...so rapidly!
we can look at this in two ways. we can say, his parents worked their butts off, so good for him, they are free to spend their money as they wish. Or we can say, look at this spoiled kid whose parents hand him everything. Personally I think that anyone that does buy their 16 year old child a car in that price range is either stupid or doesn't really care for him/her. And i agree with you, what are u going to strive for? I hate it when i see rich kids driving their mommies and daddy's cars, wrecking them then as a punishment getting another 40k car as a replacement.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:33 PM   #71
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pnoi Q
I PROMISE you that your going to do something stupid, why? Cause you really don't appreciate the car that YOU haven't bought. I got a 1999 Civic SI from my parents for 13k (Which is not spectacular compared to your 350Z, but it is a large chunk of money) NOT EVEN ONE MONTH later, I wrap my car around a tree going 60mph through an S turn. Had I actually earned the money and bought the car myself, I wouldn't be speeding, threating my life, or totalling my car.
-Nitrous Express Wet System
-Skunk 2 Internals
-ACT Clutch
-Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors
-Racing Hart CP-035 16x7"
-And maybe I/H/E I dunno
Pnoi Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 03:36 AM   #72
Rage of Xenin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by turbostratus
those look similar to the headlights of the R34 Skyline...same with the new Viper...
Rage of Xenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:14 AM   #73
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Quote:
I PROMISE you that your going to do something stupid, why? Cause you really don't appreciate the car that YOU haven't bought. I got a 1999 Civic SI from my parents for 13k (Which is not spectacular compared to your 350Z, but it is a large chunk of money) NOT EVEN ONE MONTH later, I wrap my car around a tree going 60mph through an S turn. Had I actually earned the money and bought the car myself, I wouldn't be speeding, threating my life, or totalling my car.
You really have some nerve to tell me that. Just because you didn't appreciate the car that your parents got for you, it doesn't mean that I am the same way. It's been a little over five months since I got the car, and I haven't tried any stupid stuff like speeding, or flying through turns. What you're talking about, is just being irresponsible. You shouldn't do that stuff in any car if you want to see the next day. Damn, I hate when people assume that everyone thinks the same way that they do.

Old 04-01-2003, 05:14 AM   #74
Rage of Xenin
AF Enthusiast

anyone that knows who Terry Bogard is, is kool with me.
Rage of Xenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:07 AM   #75
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pnoi Q
Quote:
Originally posted by Jumpman_Z

It's been a little over five months since I got the car, and I haven't tried any stupid stuff like speeding, or flying through turns. What you're talking about, is just being irresponsible.
Then I congratulate you for having it that long; continue driving safely. Now tell me where your car is so I can steal it
-Nitrous Express Wet System
-Skunk 2 Internals
-ACT Clutch
-Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors
-Racing Hart CP-035 16x7"
-And maybe I/H/E I dunno
Pnoi Q is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)