Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Redline vs. Stealth TT, LS1 Camaro, and STi! 4 vids

This week was spring break and it was 55 out on wednesday so me and a few friends cruised around one night. A kid in a 2nd gen TT stealth started tailing me so I drove to a 4 lane road and as we were slowing down to a light it turned green and he took off from about 10mph so I took off as well. He got about a car ahead and then I started reeling him in and had 2 cars on him by 80. Then I asked him to go on the interstate and he agreed so we did a 40-105 pull and this was the outcome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFX53YvG34A

We talked to him and he said it was stock, but it sounded like it had exhaust (sounded really nice!). Then MZR_47 raced him as well. His mods in the STi are turbo back exhaust, 740cc injectors, and tuned on E85 on 20psi. Here is that vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAWU8X_Eonc

Then I raced teh STi, he said he started a little low in the gear. He pulled back even with me and we let off around 120 with no one pulling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4F5LHzO_uk

Then I was really heatsoaked but my friend wanted to run in his 99 LS1 Z28 camaro with intake, catback, and tune. Here was the outcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtZ8iztZuE

I had a passenger for all these vids and the other cars only had the driver. It was a fun night indeed
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: Redline vs. Stealth TT, LS1 Camaro, and STi! 4 vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Then I raced teh STi, he said he started a little low in the gear. He pulled back even with me and we let off around 120 with no one pulling...
I hate that. I've done it before, and by the time I realize I'm too low and should be in another gear, its too late. Otherwise, good races, looked like they were fun.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Thanks Cassies, they were loads of fun! I wanna race the STi and Camaro again when I dont have a passenger and when I finish tuning just so I can compare the difference
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #4
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Sounds good to me. I'd like to see you run the 'Maro, mostly. And tell him to get some headers on that bitch. Oh, and I saw you guys (CinCity) in Super Street this month...
Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
cHo
AF Newbie

nice runs..
i wish i was local to you.. My stealth wouldn't let you walk away quite so easily.. I've been getting picked on by new school v8s (challenger, camaro, etc) well atleast until boost kicks in..
'LOL! Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes... You convince yourself that it is good enough, but then something gets you thinking you are soooo close to being that next step quicker... Then the wallet comes out and all hell breaks loose.' - mjannusch from 3si
cHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Oh yeah you saw the STi with our lights?

Cho, I would love to run you, I like racing cars faster then me!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Oh yeah you saw the STi with our lights?

Yup. I was like...hey, I know those guys!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Nice kills/races! Quick cars for sure. You know what gear the Stealth started in? I don't know why buy I have trouble bringing myself to drop the VR-4 in 2nd when I am doing 40+ on the 6 speeds. I have no trouble going above that starting from a lower speed but I feel like I'm being mean @ 40+mph. I'm weird.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #9
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

He started in 2nd gear alex. If you rev match to about 4k or so at 40 in 2nd you wont even feel it go into gear because it is SO smooth
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
cHo
AF Newbie

Quote:
He started in 2nd gear alex. If you rev match to about 4k or so at 40 in 2nd you wont even feel it go into gear because it is SO smooth
Yeah 40 would have to be in 2nd.. If it was 30-35, I'd rev match into 1st but then again my gearing is different from the 6 speeds. You can always brake boost but completely stock TTs die out above 5.5k - 6k.

Quote:
Whoa.. who said my car's faster than you??
I'm just tired of running people who don't know how to properly setup a run. Its usually someone pulling up next to me and just booking it. No preparation time for downshifting or brake boosting.. A SRT8 challenger the other night pulled up next to me and didn't do a damn thing while I had dropped it into 3rd. However, as soon as I figured nothing was going to happen, I up shifted only to have the SRT8 floor it and try and leave me..

Kinda funny.. The other night I kinda closed the gap on a flyby done by a 2010 Camaro SS. Tonight while driving home from work when i see some headlights coming up fast. By the time it reaches me, I notice it was the car from the other night. I guessed he noticed it was me because he suddenly slowed way down and wouldn't even pull up next to me.
'LOL! Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes... You convince yourself that it is good enough, but then something gets you thinking you are soooo close to being that next step quicker... Then the wallet comes out and all hell breaks loose.' - mjannusch from 3si
cHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Haha I have a similair problem around here, except people will just rip it past me going the opposite direction or across an intersection. This morning i had to give my dad a ride somewhere and its the first time he has ridden in my car in almost year and an srt8 Jeep started at me and floored it right past me while I was sittin at a light. My dad was like WTF does that happen often? lol

I would love to run your stealth for shits and gigs tho!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing