Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #76
jlittlefield16
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jlittlefield16
Re: Who has a contract with Sport Compact Pro?

ok, i just got a sponsor with them to, but im still waiting for my paper work and stuff. but the only things i gotta do is go to 4 cars shows with 20 or more cars. yeah also, what do the stickers look like? and what r the links to those sites? i want to see if this is worth it or not.(i knew this was to good to be true, this is just my luck)
Old 09-11-2004, 10:17 PM   #77
jlittlefield16
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jlittlefield16

hey how much r they paying you guys? they said theyd give me 1200.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #78
TurboSmoke
AF Newbie

hey everyone. I just wanted to pop my head in and ask a few Q's if i may. I'm not a z owner, however z's and supra's are the only cars i have respect for other the Rx-7's.

I am currently in the middle of building a 500rwhp fc3s and i called scp today and they asked me about the car and then the dude on the phone went to talk to the application's lady to see if i was accepted. Now heres what the dude told me today

the aplication fee was something like 30 some bucks ( he stated 30 something 4 times) and said i have to attend 4 shows a year (not hard, i live in fl) and put 2 stickers on the back of my car.

The guy said 55% off parts and labor. If i refer people to them i got something ( i dont remember what he said, my phone was breaking up about then)

I see the last post is 9-12-04, so has anyone done it? What are you experiences.

Ive done some searching and it seems like we are all in the same boat, trying to figure out if we are going to get the royal screwing or not. Has anyone actually bought parts from their company?

I think before i sign anythign i am going to have my lawyer look it over (its good to have family in high places) and make sure its legit.

one last Q. dose anyone know of someone that was turned down? i am thinking about calling them up with a fake pos car ( like a sunfire) and tell them i'm plannin on a bodykit and an exhaust and see what they say. I want to see if they except "everyone" before i sign the contract. If it were this easy every to get sponsored and its such a good deal, why dosent everyone do it?

TurboSmoke
Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #79
neogenesis
AF Enthusiast

From what I have heard, everyone has been accepted. I still have my app on my table lol. It cost us 89 bucks for the app I believe, or 79. You can get UP to 55% off. The price are overrated from the sites they have gave us and you can find them much cheaper IMO. The only good thing is that if you have a shop near you that they approve you can do free dynos and discounts on labor. It's up to you. I know Stealth has done it but I don't know where he is now. Austin has but he didn't seem that satisfied. You also have to hand out apps as well per month. I don't think it's worth it. I'm sure you can find a better sponsorship if not, it's not worth it anyways.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #80
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

i also got accepted long time ago but it didnt feel right so i just put it up.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:11 PM   #81
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
yeah i also, got accepted. he gave me some bull**** line about how he only has a couple more spots to fill in my area. i talked to him a couple of times. every time i talked to him, i shyed farther and farther away. i also heard that the companies they go through jack up the prices so by the time you get done with your percentage off, you didnt end up spending less money. its UP TO 55% off. so im betting that you usually get like 5% off or 10% off. not worth that hassle in my opinion. plus i dont want a show car.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 11-17-2004, 04:44 PM   #82
TurboSmoke
AF Newbie

well the dude told me 30 somethign bucks, so if they charged 80 to it i'm gunna have someones ass on my wall.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:57 AM   #83
JRS1992
AF Newbie

Thumbs down scp

hello! i filled out the online application but nerver actually submited it, on 9/13/05 kirk from scp called ans said i had applied "bull" i say dont do it they take anybodys money. i have a 97 diamante most companys dont make performance parts for this car. that should tell us something.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:22 AM   #84
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: scp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1992
hello! i filled out the online application but nerver actually submited it, on 9/13/05 kirk from scp called ans said i had applied "bull" i say dont do it they take anybodys money. i have a 97 diamante most companys dont make performance parts for this car. that should tell us something.
dude, this thread is totally almost a year old.

Consider it Closed
ZedEx Crew Member #4

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)