Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #1
mrbayou66
AF Newbie

Unhappy 2001 Chevy Malibu Theft System

I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu and my theft system(factory) light is on (blinking) on the dash and will not allow my car to start, do anyone know how I can fix this problem. I will appreciate any feed back.

Thankx
Old 06-04-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
canela
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 Chevy Malibu Theft System

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbayou66
I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu and my theft system(factory) light is on (blinking) on the dash and will not allow my car to start, do anyone know how I can fix this problem. I will appreciate any feed back.

Thankx
I have the same problem with my car it's also a 2001 malibu. This is what I do to make it start. Since the car is already off go ahead and put the key in the ignition and turn the key to ACC, once you do this the theft system light should be blinking leave it alone till it stops blinking it should take approximately 10 - 15 minutes maybe less. But do not mess with it till the light stops blinking. It takes patience. Once it stops blinking turn the key to OFF and then turn on the car. The car should start. Ive been doing this technique for about a year. Good Luck.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
mrbayou66
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info I will try your suggestion if it happens again because i just paid 4 hundred dollarsto supposingly correct the problem
Old 06-09-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
ensley696
AF Newbie

Quote:

Thankx
I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu and had the same exact problem. Brought it to the dealer, they spent like 2 weeks and replaced one part of the ignition. Had the car back for a week and the same problem happend again. When I brought it back, they said it was the ignition Lock cylinder and will cost about $300. If you do not want to get it fixed, you will have to simply do as canela explains.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
misskitty78382
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to misskitty78382 Send a message via Yahoo to misskitty78382

Quote:

Thankx
I TOO HAVE A 2001 CHEV MALIBU,AFTER THE SHOP DECIDED TO PUT A NEW PROSSCER IN IT , NEW SPARRK PLUGS IN IT THEN TOW IT TO ANOUTHER GARGAE WITH OUT ME KNOWING IT , THEY NOW DECIDED ITS MY ANTI THEIF DEVISE, I HOPE U GET A NANSWE AND SEND ME ONE THEY HAD MY CAR OVER A WEEK NOW , STILL DONT KNOW , THATS TWO MECHANICS NOW LOL, SO GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES
Old 03-25-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
SniperX13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to SniperX13

Are you aware that there is a specific forum in the chevy section dedicated to just the Malibu? it would be wise to post in the right forum, and not bring severly old threads, epecially ones in the wrong section.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:05 PM   #7
misskitty78382
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to misskitty78382 Send a message via Yahoo to misskitty78382
Re: Re: 2001 Chevy Malibu Theft System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperX13
Are you aware that there is a specific forum in the chevy section dedicated to just the Malibu? it would be wise to post in the right forum, and not bring severly old threads, epecially ones in the wrong section.
bite me rightous one
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
imdar
AF Newbie

Not always passlock. Went to start my car lights came on theft light came on. Did the 10 min wait several times, nothing. Towed to dealer because only they can reset.. Turns out to be starter. Estimate at this time is around 350.00. I had them check out the passlock, and they said that wasn't it.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #9
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Old thread. Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk