Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What car would you take?
Nissan Skyline R34 '02 8 50.00%
Toyota Supra RZ '97 3 18.75%
Subaru Impreza WRX '04 3 18.75%
Mazda RX-7 RZ '00 0 0%
Honda S2000 V-spec '02 0 0%
Mitsubishi 3000GT '99 VR-4 Turbo 0 0%
Some American Car 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 09:15 AM   #31
ZZII
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Which would you take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtdg19
Is that what N/A means.....I thought it just meant they didn't have an engine........you know "not available".

Yes I know what n/a means, and their more reliable without a turbo, but turbos allow for more power; hence me saying "or Not Asmuch power"

Where do you think a Skyliner is going to beat a Viper on the track? let alone beat and out accelerate a Z06? and how does a Z06 take way too long to get up to speed.....have you ever heard of turbo lag? RWD cars absolutly do not handle like crap, where are you getting these things? AWD are not made to turn at higher speeds, thats a matter of grip. A Z06 is not slow on the track, are you kidding me. A Z06 will out accelerate a Skyliner at any speed, exept for maybe off the line.

First of all a skyliner lacks nearly 80hp of the Z06, and it considerably outweights the Z06, so where are you getting that its faster? It will outgrip a skyliner on a dry surface any day. A skyliner is to front heavy to be taking turns as well as a Z06 unless your in a drifting competition.

Your trying to compare a Skyliner to cars that are in a higher class, thats just silly.

Turbo lag is easly dealt with. Okay, u have the turbos set to kick in at lets say 3,000 RPMs and it really kicks in at 4,000. Well set it to kick in at 2,000 and it will kick in at 3,000. It's all good.

And no matter what, a AWD car can make a turn faster than a RWD car. How much faster does depend on grip. And it will be hard as hell to drift with a skyline. U'll need to give it a "Sex Change" (changing it from one drivetrain to another.) in order to do that the way you want to. Yes the Skyline is a big boy when it comes to weight, but hey, so is the Viper. And yes it does a have a lot of weight on the front. The monsterous front end is how it got the nick name "Beast."

A Turbo car WILL hit it's turbo mark on the 1/4 several times, depending on the ratios, and that will give it enough boost to pass a Z06. Without a doubt the Z06 is a great car, but look at the stats. the Skyline contends with 400HP cars in the 1/4 mile when it's STOCK! For a RWD the 'Vette is pretty damn good, but comparing the Z06 to the Skyline is not the ludicrous that ur saying it is. The Skyline is upper class and not the "Jap Crap" that u think it is. It's King of the road in Japan, New Zealand, and the track. Dude, just live with it.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:28 AM   #32
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Re: Re: Re: Re: Which would you take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZII
Turbo lag is easly dealt with. Okay, u have the turbos set to kick in at lets say 3,000 RPMs and it really kicks in at 4,000. Well set it to kick in at 2,000 and it will kick in at 3,000. It's all good.

And no matter what, a AWD car can make a turn faster than a RWD car. How much faster does depend on grip. And it will be hard as hell to drift with a skyline. U'll need to give it a "Sex Change" (changing it from one drivetrain to another.) in order to do that the way you want to. Yes the Skyline is a big boy when it comes to weight, but hey, so is the Viper. And yes it does a have a lot of weight on the front. The monsterous front end is how it got the nick name "Beast."

A Turbo car WILL hit it's turbo mark on the 1/4 several times, depending on the ratios, and that will give it enough boost to pass a Z06. Without a doubt the Z06 is a great car, but look at the stats. the Skyline contends with 400HP cars in the 1/4 mile when it's STOCK! For a RWD the 'Vette is pretty damn good, but comparing the Z06 to the Skyline is not the ludicrous that ur saying it is. The Skyline is upper class and not the "Jap Crap" that u think it is. It's King of the road in Japan, New Zealand, and the track. Dude, just live with it.
Your right, turbo lag is dealth with, but guess what, its still their.

And actually you can split the torque of the skyline's awd drivetrain all to the back wheels, which you should know, so you can drift with it.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...car.mv&num=395 Maybe you should learn more about your car.

With a turbo you can boost any car to its max and pass any car as long as you have enough boost.

Skyline runs 1/4mi. in 13.1's or so, thats half a sec off a 405hp vette, big difference. Camaro SS run low 13's for them having low 300's hp to. Lots of 300hp cars can run low 13 seconds. A skyline's gearing is shorter than most cars when its toping out in the mid 150's, so it should have more acceleration than other low 300hp cars resulting in better 1/4mi. times.

And quit putting words in my mouth, i never said a skyline is "Jap Crap", i actually like skyline's. I like a lot of imports as a matter of fact. I don't judge a car depending on where it was made. It may be the king of the Road in Japan, but it doesn't extend far from their.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:06 AM   #33
OoNismoO
AF Enthusiast

hey try driving a turbocharged car, like the newer ones, its really not that bad, and if tuned well with a new turbo, its barely there.
OoNismoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:11 AM   #34
911S_TARGA_RSR
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Which would you take?

And where was the PORSCHE vote? come on.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:18 PM   #35
ZZII
AF Enthusiast

Re: Which would you take?

sorry, i love the jap cars. porsche makes some pretty bas ass cars. their 911 Turbo and GT1,2,3 kick ass!