Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #16
griffin-gt40
AF Regular

Re: Revell AMG GT - rear bumper fit

I got my Merc from a German Ebay vendor. Box arrived safe and sound and was well packaged. Actually I got my Merc and both my 570S's from the same vendor. All were packaged properly and no damage.

Now for the contents. On the Merc, I didnt have any issues with the rear bumper. Mine lined up properly, however I did get a chassis so warped that I actually had to order another one from Revell Germany. I got my Merc just before Christmas and I just got my chassis in about 2 weeks ago. The tires, warped, three of the four are pretty out of shape. I think the main issue is that the kits are produced so fast that the parts dont have time to cure properly before they're being stuffed into bags and boxed. I also think that Revell Germany needs to make their boxes a little larger. The Merc the 570's and I just got a 2012 BMW DTM car in a trade and all of them are "overstuffed" into these boxes.

I too am waiting for the Plamoz wheel and tire sets for my Merc and second 570. My first one I just used Plamoz Weissach wheels on because I got warped tires in that kit too, didnt even bother to really look at the ones in the second.

Good luck on the Merc, I hope you sort out the fitment issues.

David
griffin-gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #17
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin-gt40 View Post

Good luck on the Merc, I hope you sort out the fitment issues.

David
I got a new body and bumper from Revell today. Same problem.

Now I have two kits and and extra body and bumper. At least one of them fits properly. Pretty sure the bumper is the problem, not the body. I'm fine with doing a little bending and tweaking here and there to get things to fit right, but I have no idea what's going on that would cause the rear bumper to fit fine on the sides, but ride high in the middle. Some sort of warpage that I can't visualize.

Last edited by BVC500; 04-14-2017 at 05:12 PM.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:17 PM   #18
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

I'll drum up some activity on this forum by providing yet another update, especially to my last post!

In the end, I received two new bodies and rear bumpers. I test fit and interchanged parts and I've determined the problem has to do with the body. That's a different conclusion from my last post, I know. I still can't visualize what's wrong with the body, since it doesn't look visibly warped, but somehow the trunk lid edge sags too low compared to the sides, causing the bumper to ride up. At least now I have two kits with proper fitting bodies and bumpers.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling