Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 05:46 AM   #1
Ledjar
AF Newbie

$6k For My New Car, i can't decide what to buy!

I just sold my ford focus and i'm looking for something much more sporty. I need some recomendations i can't make up my mind.

Heres Mainly What i'm Looking for in my next car"
i want a car that will do 0-60 in faster than 8 seconds. Is Eather Japnease or German (doesn't have to be i'd just perfer it to be). also keep in mind i'm really into performance so odds are i'm gonna be adding a few mods in my self.

anyway heres a few of the cars i've been looking at (ive been looking around my area on autotrader.com [area code 80027]):
95 Egale Talon -or- Mitsubishi Eclipse - theres a few for sale locally. its a pretty nice disign however it only has a 4cyl engine. and odds are i can't afford a turbo one.

94 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Theres one for sale here, its really really nice, its white. however the issue with the 3000gt is that its a non turbo and theres not much of an aftermarket for the n/a editions. and apparently there are a few single turbo kits in existance for the n/a ones however there very rare.

93 BMW 325is - the only ones i can afford have really high miles so there almost out. also theres no near by so i'd have to travel a ways to get one

90 Honda CRX - there so cheap i could throw alot of money into one and make it really fast really quickly

91 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 - theres none nearby but i do really like the way this car looks. i need the 2 + 2 cause i'd really like to have the little bit of extra room that they provide (even though the seats are almost usesless)

anyway anything i haven't thought about what do you guys think? what should i get?
Ledjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: $6k For My New Car, i can't decide what to buy!

Don't bother getting a BMW that old, it will be in the shop every other day. The CRX is cheap out of the box but you're gonna need a bit of money to get it fast. The Eclipse/Talon turbos are extremely fast for the money, but the N/A's are garbage. I think your best bet is the 300ZX.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:19 PM   #3
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91300zxtt

i think you should search a little bit. recently there was one for under 8, 10, and 5 you would fall under that
91300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
nicholas9walter
AF Enthusiast

i have an 95 eclipse for sale for 5,500 only 50 thousand miles
nicholas9walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

Out of youre options I'd go with the CRX. The mods are not only gonna be easy to find but will be cheaper then most cars. The Talon wouldnt be a bad choice either but id score the CRX ahead of it. I definetly wouldn't get the BMW, a buddy of mine had one and something was always wrong with it. The 3000GT looks nice but w/o the turbos its not even worth it. My friend got a Dodge Stealth(same thing) and his is N/A and its gonna cost him around 4500 to put the turbos in. I dont kno enough about the Nissan 300zx to help you with that.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:42 AM   #6
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

Maybe you should even go with a 93-95 Integra.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A