Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #46
playtoy_18
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to playtoy_18
Re: Bypassed TheftLock on GM Chevy Class II MP3 CD HU

If you mean me,than no I don't know the code.
The vehicle had BCM issues triggering the passkey,I programmed out the passkey. After restarting the radio randomly locked itself and have not been able to reset.
I am showing faults on the class 2 data link across 4-5 modules,so i'm pretty sure the radio is simply getting a corrupted vin signal.
I would rather figure out what is wrong,but this is a $600 car and they don't wanna pay for M-time diag or a dealer reprogram.

So I told them to let me try this eprom removal as a nuclear option before installing something aftermarket.

I do not have a techII,only a tech1-and it won't touch the bcm.
Still saving for an MDI.
playtoy_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #47
timberman22
AF Newbie

I have a 6 disc CD changer from a salvage yard. Its Gm part # is 15234915, Delphi part # 21002195, manufactured date 10/19/05. I am putting it in a 2004 gmc sierra 1500 wt 4x4. It came out of a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 wt. Has the exact same wiring harness as my gmc.I took the chip out as I have read to do and I have seen on YouTube. Everything comes on like it should. Retains clock, settings, etc... Shows CAL ERR when cut it on, but and everything works. Except, it has no volume and wont play. If I hit the search button it just keeps searching. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
timberman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #48
schjon
AF Newbie

Hello all, I am in this fight with all of you. I have successfully obtained a dump from the eeprom that gives us all this trouble. However, I do not have any knowledge on what needs modified. Any one that can help???? I have attached a copy of the dump from the eeprom. Would love some help!!!! You will need to unzip it first.
Attached Files
File Type: zip audio chip - Copy.e2p.zip (685 Bytes, 5 views)
schjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:00 PM   #49
Stefanm
AF Newbie

I just did something similiar, I just removed the chip. Same result, it says it is initializing and shows the cassette tape icon which I don't have. The radio had a date of 2001 and I put it into my 2007 Chevy Express. This radio/CD has better reception and sound than the stock radio that was in it. Plus my tuner dial didn't work well anymore.
If you want a quick way to get the radio to work temporarily, you can (key turned off) press and hold (seek>) and the (5) channel button together and then at the same time hold the power button on. All 3 buttons at the same time. This should turn the radio on, then start your vehicle. The radio should work, the CD may work, the station buttons may not and you may not be able to switch AM/FM/CD. Once you shut off the ignition you will have to start the process over again.
Stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #50
zenuke
AF Newbie

has anyone succesfully done this with GM part 10357886? AM/FM/6CD from 2003/2004s?

keep seeing only the AM/FM/CD or AM/Fm/CD/Tape versions.

I have an 04 colorado and got that part from another 04 colorado and would rather not pay 100 bucks for the dealer to tell me they couldn't program it as all dealers pretty much just blanket say "it may not work" which to me means "It won't or we won't really try"
zenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #51
zenuke
AF Newbie

Ok.

I got it to work with my 2004 6 disc from a colorado.

removed PIN 8, all is well.

photos and stuff.

http://starshipvonbraun.com/ss/radio/radio.html
zenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #52
lestro
AF Newbie

Does anyone know where this chip is located on a delco am/fm cassette player #09354756?
lestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #53
raymo55
AF Newbie

I have unlock my radio by pulling the chip....but I have lost volume. Can anyone help!!!???
raymo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #54
landguy
AF Newbie

Hi,
I have replaced my original UB1 stereo cassette (pn 15198701) with a 6 CD UB6 (pn 15185935) both RDS; in myu 2003 1500 Silverado. I removed the eeprom completely and all works
except no memory on am/fm presets.
Any help would be appreciated to get memory back to presets.
I read here that one guy had an eeprom installed and programmed by AJR International for all GM; and there is no direct link on the web related to automotive eeproms. I cannot find the correct AJR International?

I did work on spare radio pn 10359566 (no RDS on front) and disconnected pin 8 only (pwr) and no sound; removed eeprom completely and
not pwr to unit.

Thanks. any help for memory presets appreciated.

Landguy
landguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #55
ROCKTON
AF Newbie

The Vin is stored in the last line of the Eprom chip. Just the last 6 digits. With an editor you can change to the last 6 on your car re-flash the chip and reinstall.
ROCKTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #56
VonoreTn
AF Newbie

Question Re: Bypassed TheftLock on GM Chevy Class II MP3 CD HU

Does anyone know if this procedure would work on a 2001 Silverado 15766343 radio, single CD driver? This original radio, unmodified in any manner doesn't work, the lights come on but the display screen on the upper right is blank. It seems to have stopped working a year ago when a new BCM (Body Computer Module) was put in the vehicle to fix a 0.6 amp battery drain. The mechanic who put in the BCM says he doubts if radio was Vin locked going back that far in time. Should I take it apart and look for a removed EEPROM 24C08B chip or a chip with leg 8 cut?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HARNEY TRUCK RADIO-3.jpg (253.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by VonoreTn; 01-04-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: clarified question, add photo
VonoreTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:19 PM   #57
VonoreTn
AF Newbie

I have the radio apart now, here are some photos. Is the eeprom close enough based on only being one digit different from the initial instructions on this topic?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Radio 7sm.jpg (183.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IC 9355090.jpg (29.0 KB, 1 views)
VonoreTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #58
Archer9006
AF Newbie

So I have the 6 disc changer, and the original radio went out. I got an exact replacement for it from a local salvage yard. I tested it first and it powered on and did say locked, I opened up the casing located the eeprom chip, and removed it. Plugged back into Tahoe and now nothing it won't even power on. Any ideas or help would be appreviated.
Archer9006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #59
LDelco
AF Newbie

Hello, New to the forum. I have read More than a few posts about disabling the eprom to bypass the TheftLock that GM was so nice to give us. I am working with a "04-05 Pontiac Grand Am Sunfire Monsoon Radio AMFM CD GM Part No. 22724376" My Hope is to install it into an 04 Pontiac Vibe. I have read of several different results in doing this, by either lifting pin 8, and by removing the ic all together.
Has anyone done THIS radio, and if so, what are the results for each of the options.
Of course the lcd display lights are burned out on Both the Vibe OEM radio, and the New MP3 radio I would like to use. It is my intention to upgrade the bulbs with 12v led bulbs. If and when I get this to fly, I will pass along any results to the form. Thanks

LDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #60
Tech II
AF Fanatic

I have never heard of that......basically, it's not the Theftlock that is the problem, it's the VIN # that is programmed into the radio.....if it doesn't match the VIN of the car, then there are communication problems....

As for the LED's, they don't usually burnout, they last forever.....it's the circuit board that feeds them that is the problem.....sometimes it's just a soldered joint, sometimes it's the board itself....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion