Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #136
6speed
AF Regular

Re: 5 cars you hate the most

geez i completely forgot about this thread i changed the subject so it doesn't read "hate" anymore for all you guys who complained about that. it was just a general discussion thread to see what types of cars are disliked and by what owners.

on a side note 98blacktransam - just wondering if you've come down off of your pedistol yet and have come to find the trans am is not touched by the hand of god. i used to read your posts in the mustang forum where you attacked anyone and anything even if it pertained to you in no way. i see its stopped so either youve found another group you pick on or youve come to terms.
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #137
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

ahhh, the mustang/fbody rivalry. so funny.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #138
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

It really is funny, I mean how can you love one but hate the other. I can see how you can favor one over the other.... but to be so one sided on them is really amazing. I am more of a mustang guy myself, but I still like camaros a lot.
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #139
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

yea, unless you count cobras, im gonna have to go f body on this one. if you count cobras then its mustang for me.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #140
MonsterBengt
AF Enthusiast

1. Latest gen Civic. Because Its so god damn tasteless.
2. Hummer H2 and H3. Read above.
3. Cadillac Escalade Read above
4. Chevrolet Nubira, Lacetti Because they're a disgrace to the Chevy name.
5. All new Ferraris. Because they don't have neither the "Italian Passion" nor the performance to compete with other supercars these days.
MonsterBengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #141
MonsterBengt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster
WTF is wrong with Citroens? If it weren't for Citroens, we'd be driving out dated junk, there'd be no FWD, no radial tyres, no hydraulic suspension, no swivelling headlights, shapes would be hellishly boring, disc brakes would still be only fitted to top of the heap sports cars.... See where I'm heading? They deserve respect for making sure revolution took place, rather than evolution.
I'd say Saab was pretty independent on the FWD market. Though Citroen, like the other big French brands (Renault, Peugeot) don't make much exciting cars nor engines, and thats why people hate them (They are also a tab bit snowed in ignorant Americans who never would let a vehicle with Wrong Wheel Drive and small engines outmatch their oversized tanks.

Sorry.

No, nothing wrong with Citroens, though the newer ones are abit boring. But thats because I'm too young for it i guess
MonsterBengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #142
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
yea, unless you count cobras, im gonna have to go f body on this one. if you count cobras then its mustang for me.

Of course I count cobras haha, why wouldn't I count them?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #143
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGT2000
Of course I count cobras haha, why wouldn't I count them?

idk, cobras are harder to find and more expensive than the z28/trans am. but i guess they would be more comparable to the ss/ram air. ive always considered the cobra on a whole nother level than the gt/base mustang. and really it is.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:11 AM   #144
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Actually they are (in comparable years) about the same as an SS or WS6 price wise. Its just that the 03 and 04 cobras are newer than any trans am or camaro so they sell for a little more. If you shop around for 02 SS/WS6 I think you would be surprised what you will have to pay. The cobra is made by ford, its not an aftermarket mustang sold at a dealer lot.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #145
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

ok, yea i have really been swaying back towards the mustang lateley. and to think i used to hate the car with a passion. if only they werent so abundant, a bunch of people cruising around in a v6 mustang thinking they are hot stuff. but i wouldnt mind having a 93-99 model gt, new gt, or cobra of any year. i never liked the foxbody or the previous generation though.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #146
6speed
AF Regular

im not into that whole rivalry thing, i was referring to him coming into the mustang forum and attacking everything that posted

i used to own a 01 ws6 lowered with 18" chrome c5 rims, lid, bellows, pro5.0 lots of bmr tubular stuff

i sold it for a mystic cobra then sold that for the saleen
Old 11-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #147
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed
im not into that whole rivalry thing, i was referring to him coming into the mustang forum and attacking everything that posted

i used to own a 01 ws6 lowered with 18" chrome c5 rims, lid, bellows, pro5.0 lots of bmr tubular stuff

i sold it for a mystic cobra then sold that for the saleen
aight, you're referring to one thread, which I was an ass i'll admit. it was basically targeted at the cunt that created the thread though, krebecca, not at mustang owners which it probably came off as. she came into my thread and said some pointless, useless shit just for the sake of talking shit,, so i figured I'd return the favor. it then got waay out of hand as i'm sure you remember and the thread just got retarded. it was basically me vs. 20 closed-minded mustang owners and was a losing flame war over the internet..i'm definately not a mustang fan but i can respect the 03/04 cobras which are probly a little faster than my car right now. that's gonna change this christmas when I get a 3400 stall tho ..anyways yeah, you really need to get a life man and stop digging old pointless threads out of the grave,,,, what exactly was your purpose for bringing that up anyway, just curious as to what relevance that possibly had.
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #148
6speed
AF Regular

um, no i just found this old thread saw your name and remembered how many times you came into the mustang forum trying to start a fight, so i brought it up...that means i need a new life? get real.

im sure the stall will help but why didnt you choose a manual? when i had my ws6 all i had done was a lid, but the fact that it was a m6 vs. my friends a4 z28 i would walk away from him pretty quickly even though he had full slp exhaust, lid, bellows, slp hood, ls1 edit, 4.10 moser rear, sticky tires, and full slp suspension
Old 11-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #149
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBengt
I'd say Saab was pretty independent on the FWD market. Though Citroen, like the other big French brands (Renault, Peugeot) don't make much exciting cars nor engines, and thats why people hate them (They are also a tab bit snowed in ignorant Americans who never would let a vehicle with Wrong Wheel Drive and small engines outmatch their oversized tanks.

Sorry.

No, nothing wrong with Citroens, though the newer ones are abit boring. But thats because I'm too young for it i guess
That's it, I'm totally convinced now, anyone who likes FWD more than other drivetrains is living in a dream world. First you attack rear wheel drive racing, which is really pointless, because a lot of people have come to terms with 'more expensive rear wheel drive racecars are better' and you haven't. Now you attack (for the Fiftieth time) another country's vehicles because they're bigger than yours?

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #150
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

hes not saying fwd is better, he is just saying that it can compete. and in the racing world bigger is not better, contrary to popular american beleifs.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General