Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:56 AM   #46
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Re: Re: Super UGLY!-->Be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge5viper
i dont think that the Honda Element is that bad....i just wont buy 1 though lol i think that the lancia delta is ugly

Looks One million times better than any Shitsubishi Evo or WRX, those cars are tacky, the Deltas have a muscular stance- something the Jap rally-breds have never had.
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #47
lancerboy
AF Regular

Re: Super UGLY!-->Be careful

I must agree with some of you guys and say that the pontiac aztec is the ugliest car ever made. EVER
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #48
tiburocks
AF Newbie

asstek, the new skyline and lancer and wrx concepts, twingo, atos (trust me, in korea there's plenty.. korean pride) I somehow like the element.. too square like the xB
tiburocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 AM   #49
Andee_G
AF Enthusiast

dude AMC Pacer... so ugly. it's the wayne's world car.
http://www.nrk.no/img/339554.jpeg

oh my god go on google images type in amc pacer
there's a cop pacer!?
Andee_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #50
loydering
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee_G
dude AMC Pacer... so ugly. it's the wayne's world car.
http://www.nrk.no/img/339554.jpeg

oh my god go on google images type in amc pacer
there's a cop pacer!?
Okay. You win. I completely forgot about the "fish tanks." Maybe I suppressed those memories. The AMC Gremlin was a fairly ugly car as well, but I think the Pacer takes the gold in this category. What was AMC thinking back then? Chalk it up to mid-70's design, I guess.
loydering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:36 PM   #51
tanner07
AF Enthusiast

I want a Pacer, so so bad.
tanner07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #52
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by loydering
Okay,

I once thought the Element was weird looking and it took me a short time to get used to it. What gets me is all the complaining about the Element, specifically it's "boxiness," when there are other cars out there that have profiles even more boxy. Take the H2, for example. It's even more boxy than the Element and I don't hear anyone whining about it. I suppose because it cost $50K it's okay to be ugly. Even the famous jeep (blindside.AMG ) has a boxy profile. I won't even touch the van line. I don't think the problem is the design of the Element that's the problem, it's ignorance to change. Remember what the Ford Taurus did to automotive designs?

No, it's not a Jeep for off-roading, but it does go off-road and, yes, it has 4WD. "Off-road" suspension, meaning sturdy and able to travel on open, rough, terrain. No, it won't go where a Jeep can, at least clearance wise. But who cares when you're having fun? i.e.

http://www.hondaelement.org/showthre...&threadid=5265

http://www.hondaelement.org/showthre...&threadid=3351

Personally, if you're not a fan of the Element, more power to you. You'll get over it with time.
I'm kind of agree to what you are saying. And there are far more "boxy" cars than that. But why no one is complaining about them. Look at the G-Class. The bB(xB on this continent), The Nissan Cube. Also, look at the Aerostar, the Grand Cherokee(Older versions), and the Wrangler. Aren't they all boxy?
Old 09-16-2004, 08:27 PM   #53
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

haha i think someone reversed their jeep off a bank!

I'm inclined to agree with Yuki, i think the car has potential, heaps of new designs look like crap at first and then turn out to be really cool, i don't think the Honda can even compete on the all time ugly-stakes.

as far as off road goes, i don't think it's meant to compete with Jeep, but then, what's offroad? i wouldn't get a Jeep.

check out the "bush ranger". or renaults raccoon concept.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:23 PM   #54
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

The public just can't take new striking designs.

There is a saying: All of you are teasing me looking odd, but I'm laughing at you all look the same.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #55
GritMaster
AF Enthusiast

Re:

I'm gonna have to say a Fiat Multipla..... I really can't stand them

pic:

btw: SRT-8 300C's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanstreetz
For about 700 dollars you can have about 80 horespower at the wheels and about 70 torque.
GritMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 06:50 PM   #56
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritMaster
I'm gonna have to say a Fiat Multipla..... I really can't stand them

pic:

btw: SRT-8 300C's....
Well, about the picture's car...I would say it's a cool design, the low hoodline will help people to park better...
Old 09-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #57
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

can't agree with you on this one Yuki...

theres one of those near me and it is hanous! they really are very prectical in their design... but they still could have made it look semi-respectable.

4 seats across the back though so great for big families or child care...
Old 09-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #58
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD2000
can't agree with you on this one Yuki...

theres one of those near me and it is hanous! they really are very prectical in their design... but they still could have made it look semi-respectable.

4 seats across the back though so great for big families or child care...
That's why I said "well..." first...
And got to come up with a reason for it to be good...
Old 09-22-2004, 12:28 PM   #59
SnakekanS
AF Enthusiast

Re: I Agree With Loydering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGO MY E
This is an interesting conversation, but I'm curious. Why is something that is DIFFERENT considered UGLY by some?
PLEASE GO BACK TO PAGE 3 TO SEE HIS MSG
because people have TASTES AND OPINIONS. if, personnaly, i think that the element is the ugliest car in the world, you can't argue about that because it's different from every single people on the world. and whats the point of specifying how much space there is inside, how much stuff you can get in it and oh, there's no carpet inside ? does it even matter with the fact that the outside is totally ugly ?? yes, you can buy it because it's useful for you. but everybody have the right to say that they hate the way it looks. and we're thinking about LOOKS, not how it handles, how much stuff you can get in it... please dont mix up stuff.

Completed :

Click pics for Progress/Completed threads and feel free to reply !
SnakekanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:15 PM   #60
LEGO MY E
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: I Agree With Loydering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakekanS
because people have TASTES AND OPINIONS. if, personnaly, i think that the element is the ugliest car in the world, you can't argue about that because it's different from every single people on the world. and whats the point of specifying how much space there is inside, how much stuff you can get in it and oh, there's no carpet inside ? does it even matter with the fact that the outside is totally ugly ?? yes, you can buy it because it's useful for you. but everybody have the right to say that they hate the way it looks. and we're thinking about LOOKS, not how it handles, how much stuff you can get in it... please dont mix up stuff.
Well SnakekanS,

If you don't like the way the Element "LOOKS", I have no problems with that. To each their own. I am not asking you to BUY my car. I am merely asking those certain close-minded individuals among us not to judge a book by its cover (i.e., calling the Element a piece of shit). Here are some earlier posts that sparked my earlier reply;

Hockeygod2787: The ugliest most supid car ever brought off the production line IMO. A waste of time to make. A peice of shit...............

chicago_guy: I hafta agree with you on that one hockeygod...that is one ugly piece of shit. The only way Id buy that would be if I was blowing it up or using it for some sort of target practice.

blindside.AMG: "The Honda Element has to be the ugliest car on the road today. Anyone who buys one needs psychological evaluation. Whoever thought this car was a good idea needs to be shot in the head."

WarPigs: "Yea that new honda SUV is crap…"

DiabloGT: "THE ELEMENT=WORLDS UGLIEST CAR+the horrible honda 4 cyl engine...i would rather take that other piece of shit that yaba posted...over the element...."

It is obvious that the above posters have never owned, test driven, or ridden in the Honda Element, and therefore I believe that their comments were made out of sheer ignorance. These comments are a far cry from saying you don't like the way something looks (which is perfect for this thread!). If mere looks are your ONLY criteria for deeming the worth of a vehicle, then by all means have at it. But when you want to move a couch in your 2 seater Toyota MR2 (or whatever) you'll be disappointed in your decision. To ME (not you, I didn't ask you to have my opinion) the Honda Element is a perfect vehicle for MY needs.

LEGO
LEGO MY E is offline   Reply With Quote