Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 02:45 AM   #1
Deefish1986
AF Newbie

Honda CRV Slight Shudder/Hesitation under acceleration

Hi guys,

First post and hoping to draw on a bit of the community's knowledge!

I am actually from South Africa but seeing if perhaps you guys can point me in the right direction. I recently bought a 2016 Honda CRV 2.0 Auto with 61000km's on the clock - it has the regular 5 speed automatic gearbox. Loving the car so far but there is one thing I've noticed since driving it more which I'm hoping you guys can at least give me a few places to start troubleshooting.

When the car is left overnight and driven the next morning (I let the car idle for a minute or two before driving off), for the first two accelerations (hope that makes sense) the car shudders/hesitates slightly between 35 and 60km/h. After accelerating twice through this 'zone' the shudders seem to almost disappear and are only very occasionally noticeable after that. The shudder seems to stop (will still confirm for certain again) if I take my foot off the accelerator. As mentioned, you can feel the hesitation/shudder even when the car is warm but they are very vague once the car is warmed up so. I also notice that there is an intermittent rough idle when the car is in Drive but it's very intermittent. Not sure if the two could be related. Gear changes in general are perfectly smooth and fuel consumption seems normal.

Where would you guys suggest I start looking to figure out the source of the problem?

Thanks!
Deefish1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:23 PM   #2
ramnick
AF Newbie

Re: Honda CRV Slight Shudder/Hesitation under acceleration

Clean the throttle body and replace the trannsmision fluid.
ramnick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V