Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:48 AM   #16
supra98tt6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to supra98tt6 Send a message via Yahoo to supra98tt6
Re: Lamborghini Diablo fastest car in the world!!!

I think it's possible.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
egtor
AF Newbie

in less they have change something and I have not seen it or heard about it that would not be posible with the engine they have use in so many other lamborghinis like on the diablo 5.7 they used a mid-engined V12 with a bore and stroke, coapacity 3.4 by 3.1 inches and it is only 348 cu.in. and that diablo had a top speed of 205 miles per hour that one was made from 1991 -2000
Old 10-06-2005, 06:26 PM   #18
NewyorkKopter
AF Enthusiast

i think its possible because think about it, the Diablo went 205 mph with 500 hp, now take that and almost double the horsepower and with taller gearing it doesnt sound too far out of reach
Old 11-01-2005, 05:54 AM   #19
-Davo
Banned

Seem as though every noob is bringing back dead threads, why not.

I can't see how adding power will increase it's speed significantly, what you wouldn't be more interesting is reducing it's air drag. This at least would stop the friction from slowing it down.

I believe any 'proper' car can reach this speed, not your pice of shit honda civic with a VTEC engine and a large bullshit "show" carbon-fire GT wing, get fucked mate you're a cock.

I mean... Real cars with real aerodynamics, not stupid bodykits to "pretend" to be sporty, or any engine modifications that you can gloat gives you that "extra 4mph", like you'd ever use it, dickhead.

Back on topic..

Apon reflection, Lamboholic is a dickhead, he went on to claim how it's impossible (what you own the worlds fastest car and know for a fact nothing can beat it?) Then he contradicted him self by saying "it can be possible with a decent amount of money put into it" or whatever I can't be bothered cut/copy. OMGWTFLOLBBQ??!??!

I'm confused.

-DVO Out
Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #20
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj

Quote:
Unbelievable, never thought they would make it. But a 255MPH Diablo is clearly impossible.
no its not. with money, what gemballa obviously have, is nearly everything possible. including a 255mph lamborghini convertible.
Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying here. A convertible will never run at 255MPH unless it's an Indy car. And be honest, you can't compare any street legal car with an Indy car. I believe you could get 900HP from a 5,7L v12, but getting the power out the engine is the easy part. You need to change tyres, earodynamics, reinforce the frame, get rid of the mirors, different gearbox get rid of the extreme heat, improving the balance, new suspension, windscream, roof and the list goes on and on and on. And a convertible will need a lot more than just 900HP perhaps 1100 like the Veyron. Enough reason for me to say: A Diablo @255 MPH this is bull shit.
you are right about the changing the parts and reinforce the body. but i think they should have done that.

but your wrong that you should get rid of the mirrors. BAR racing(yes its not street legal, but it was legal with al the FIA regulations, which include that the car should have mirrors. the car had mirrors and they drove 414kmh i think.

the gearbox of lamborghini is extremly strong. so they might have changed it.

the point is, you think they only added some power to the car and then drove it to 255mph. they obviously didn't, as they're pro modifiers so they DO know what their doing. gemballa is not a big business, so why should they lie about this? they cant take something like that, as they might lose clients.

ps: the veyron has 1001 hp not 1100. they've driven 406 kmh, and then they noticed that their tires where spitting rubber. they changed the rubber so now its possible to dirve 400 something.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:41 PM   #21
Lamboholic
AF Regular

I warn you mr dickhead himself is back...

That much for a decent argument here

First Davo, the Buggati team had over 200 milion+++++++ dollar budget to get a closed car up to a 255MPH...

Secondly:
a convertible is considerably more difficult and really if you want to prove something it would be the last choise. A lamborghini Diablo is not that good when earodynamics are involved.......No really not. The closed car has already a cw.32+. In fact it is probably one of the worst cars you could pick let alone the convertible version. Why not the high tech F50, Mclaren F1 or the XJ220, those cars would have been already very challanging to get near the 255MPH Barrier. Was it origanally designed for those speeds???? No.Getting something up to such speeds means some serious wind tunnel testing. And then build a car up from scratch. I have some experiance with earodynamics (not on a car) and believe me when I say that convertible car from the picture is a nightmare. First you need downforce to keep it on the ground and espacially at the nose which will pick up some serious air underneeth which makes the car take off. Like Davo said it's very important to reduce drag which is very hard if you start on a imperfect design (understatement). The earodynamical forces on the topless car would be huge and also the disadvantage from much less body strength from a convertible is a very big problem which is hard to solve. The gearbox from the Diablo may survive but how about the chassis or any other part on the drive line? The fact that a high speed setup 4 milion+ dollar 900+BHP 600kg F1 racing car went 55MPH faster then the 550BHP Diablo only proves me right. This is a true story, it has been measured and the real pictures were all over the place. An F1 car has much better earodynamics then the Diablo, you can't compare it..... really no way. The FIA doesn't allow F1 cars to have the tyres covered like on the Diablo which increases drag significantly but so does the convertible layout of this Diablo and the back of the Lambo isn't too earodynamicly great either. The Bugatti however has a far more efficient design and for example has much less and smaller air in and out takes just to decrease drag. It also has hydrolic computer controlled earodynamics to drive as save as possible at high speeds. There just is now way till I've seen a riliable video to believe this car went all the way to 255MPH. And if Gemballa claims their car to run that fast where did they do it? Why wasn't bugatti worried about it? And when they lie who would prove them wrong? The e-type Jaquar was also claimed to run 150MPH but did it? According to a riliable top gear test there was now way... Did it harm the compagny???? Jaquar was at that time known for huge performance cars so there should have been critcs, aparently knowbody bothered. I don't say a Diablo is a bad car or neither that Gemballa would be a bad compagny but 255 didn't happen on a convertible Diablo.

I'll be back.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:29 AM   #22
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj

Quote:
I don't say a Diablo is a bad car or neither that Gemballa would be a bad compagny but 255 didn't happen on a convertible Diablo.

if gemballa said that they did it happend. if they never mentioned it it would bullcrap. get over it. F*** sake
Old 12-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #23
asdas
AF Newbie

OMG that was just 900 hp at the wheels, prolly over 1000 at the fly wheel which I believe is what the Bugatti veyron does have at the flywheel, i wouldnt be surprised if the lambo had even more power, it isnt that hard to get a twin turbo V 12 to push tht much (also those turbos arent small at all, doin a lot of boosting) but the eyron did have a w 16 with 4 turbos. On the link it did not mention any other mods bar the tires and the dual turbos but as people have said they prolly did mod it extensively. I do however doubt that the lambo did reach 255 mph as many parts of the car would start to deteriorate like the tyres which bugatti did come across and have rectified with michellin low profile run-flat tyres. The turbos really do not add all that much horse power to the car compared to the torque gains seen and this is shown by the veyrons quad turbo engine pushing more than 1200 torque which is insanely high for any engine. so in finishing the lambo would be fast but not that fast.

P.S: check out the koenesegge (spelt wrong) CCR it pushes 675 kw with a supercharged V8 (slightly over 1080 bhp), it looks better than the bugatti as well .
Old 12-31-2005, 09:37 PM   #24
L8R_H8R
AF Enthusiast

uh... Koenigsegg is faster..... and the CCR only has 806 bhp.
At the time, McLaren was racing successfully with Honda engines, and it seemed logical to approach Honda for an engine meeting Murray's requirements. But the Japanese declined, feeling that they could not spare the capacity to develop such a project.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:53 PM   #25
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

No hard facts in here on anything but the Veyron. Just alot of people spewing bad information.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
Old 01-01-2006, 07:31 AM   #26
asdas
AF Newbie

sorry about that extremely crap piece of information. I used an old source that turned out to be unreliable. you are 100% correct L8R_H8R sorry. But one thing is wrong. the veyron accelerates to 100km/h in 2.5 seconds, while the CCR does it in 3.2, also the CCR only maxes out at 242 km/h (not to be shrugged at) so the veyron must be the faster car. I would personally rather the CCR cos it looks a lot better and has a nicer price attatched.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:14 AM   #27
-Davo
Banned

Lamboholic, I didn't read any of that, but I still stand by what I said.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:08 PM   #28
egtor
AF Newbie

I don't think and I am most likely worng on this but agean I am thinking and nothing good come out of me thinking so you ask why I do well back to the car thing I don't think lamborghini has any cars that can mach the mclaren f1 in top speed nor the XJ 220.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #29
sgtziro
AF Newbie

The Veyron, ..., 1001 Hp, not 1100, look at the Hp guage on the dash, it says so
Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #30
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts

who cares? when the fuck are you going to drive 255mph?

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo