Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #4996
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Re: SERIOUSLY OT: Calling all chicks! IT'S PART 6!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_CRX View Post
S2000 is over rated imo.

There are also a bunch of EP3 Civics around the metroplex for sale on Craigslist. And I've got an almost rebuilt k20a3 I'm going to be selling
Yeah, I go back and forth on s2000 so I know what you mean. I'm not a big civic person, and if I got another it would be another 4th gen probably. I've still been looking at preludes though, still wouldn't mind having one of those. Also thought about spending more and getting a used frs/brz but I don't really want to spend that much. Kinda want something 2 door "sporty", preferably rwd but thats not a deal breaker. Something that handles well, not looking for crazy power... looking for leave it stock.

TheSilentChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #4997
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber View Post
Yeah, I go back and forth on s2000 so I know what you mean. I'm not a big civic person, and if I got another it would be another 4th gen probably. I've still been looking at preludes though, still wouldn't mind having one of those. Also thought about spending more and getting a used frs/brz but I don't really want to spend that much. Kinda want something 2 door "sporty", preferably rwd but thats not a deal breaker. Something that handles well, not looking for crazy power... looking for leave it stock.
Well, if you're not looking for crazy power, the BRZ/FRZ is fine... they're not fast at all :P

I know a Prelude guy on Facebook that networks with a bunch of other Prelude people... I've never personally liked Preludes though.

The CRX just became too much work... it's getting harder and harder to find parts for 4th gens, aside from most of them being trashed or torn up.

And I've worked for Lexus/Toyota for the last 12 years, so I'm kind of moving that direction myself. That's why I jumped on the Starlet... kinda looking for a decent condition old Toyota pickup... casually looking. Hard to find an original truck that hasn't been wrecked or F'd up in some way.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:59 AM   #4998
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Well, if you're not looking for crazy power, the BRZ/FRZ is fine... they're not fast at all :P

I know a Prelude guy on Facebook that networks with a bunch of other Prelude people... I've never personally liked Preludes though.

The CRX just became too much work... it's getting harder and harder to find parts for 4th gens, aside from most of them being trashed or torn up.

And I've worked for Lexus/Toyota for the last 12 years, so I'm kind of moving that direction myself. That's why I jumped on the Starlet... kinda looking for a decent condition old Toyota pickup... casually looking. Hard to find an original truck that hasn't been wrecked or F'd up in some way.
Lol yeah I know they're not fast. I hear they're fun though. Although my current vehicle is extremely tail happy in 2wd on wet roads. Back end came around on me twice the other day just pulling out from intersections. Roads here are slippery as fuck after it rains. Finally going to replace the AC compressor on the Jeep, probably Monday. Any place you'd recommend to get it recharged?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #4999
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
Lol yeah I know they're not fast. I hear they're fun though. Although my current vehicle is extremely tail happy in 2wd on wet roads. Back end came around on me twice the other day just pulling out from intersections. Roads here are slippery as fuck after it rains. Finally going to replace the AC compressor on the Jeep, probably Monday. Any place you'd recommend to get it recharged?
Yes, the roads are very slick after rain.

R134 or R12? If I had a way to pull a vacuum on it, I could charge it at the house, but I have yet to buy a vacuum pump for home use. Otherwise any service shop or dealership should be able to charge it.. the connections are all universal. Don't over pay. Our shop usually charges 1hr labor + freon. Of course, our labor rate is $160 per hour, and we charge about $55 per pound of freon.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #5000
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Yes, the roads are very slick after rain.

R134 or R12? If I had a way to pull a vacuum on it, I could charge it at the house, but I have yet to buy a vacuum pump for home use. Otherwise any service shop or dealership should be able to charge it.. the connections are all universal. Don't over pay. Our shop usually charges 1hr labor + freon. Of course, our labor rate is $160 per hour, and we charge about $55 per pound of freon.
134. I live in "little mexico" I bet I can find a shop to do a half has job for half ass price.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:40 AM   #5001
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
134. I live in "little mexico" I bet I can find a shop to do a half has job for half ass price.
Where are you calling little Mexico? Like major cross street wise
Old 04-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #5002
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Where are you calling little Mexico? Like major cross street wise
I heard someone refer to it as that, I'm not entirely sure if they were joking or not lol. But its the Coit / 635 crossing.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #5003
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
I heard someone refer to it as that, I'm not entirely sure if they were joking or not lol. But its the Coit / 635 crossing.
Well, I'm not sure I'd call that little Mexico, but there are a lot of them from there along up to beltline. I used to go up Coit to go home, but there's less traffic on Hillcrest these days... at least less than Coit. There's a Sears service center right near there off of Preston and 635.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #5004
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure I'd call that little Mexico, but there are a lot of them from there along up to beltline. I used to go up Coit to go home, but there's less traffic on Hillcrest these days... at least less than Coit. There's a Sears service center right near there off of Preston and 635.
I work on Hillcrest down close to SMU. I think that's a pretty straight shot to where I live (coit/635), but I always take 75, haven't ventured out to discover other routes yet. Might do that today actually.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #5005
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Could hear a pin drop in here.

Think I'm going to put a K20 in my Starlet instead of a Toyota motor.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #5006
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Could hear a pin drop in here.

Think I'm going to put a K20 in my Starlet instead of a Toyota motor.
Inbreeding... I approve.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #5007
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
Inbreeding... I approve.
Hillbillies unite!

Parts are just more widely available than for a RWD 3S-GE. Innovative makes a mount kit that'll work Ballade makes a transmission adapter plate for bolting a k motor to an S2000 transmission and Clutchmasters makes a flywheel for using a standard S2000 clutch with that setup.

I've already got almost everything else to get the k20 running. My biggest hurdles now are fuel plumbing and pedals
Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #5008
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Hillbillies unite!

Parts are just more widely available than for a RWD 3S-GE. Innovative makes a mount kit that'll work Ballade makes a transmission adapter plate for bolting a k motor to an S2000 transmission and Clutchmasters makes a flywheel for using a standard S2000 clutch with that setup.

I've already got almost everything else to get the k20 running. My biggest hurdles now are fuel plumbing and pedals
Nice man! Keep us updated!

Old 05-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #5009
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
Nice man! Keep us updated!
Hey, if you're still looking for some cheap transport, a buddy I work with us selling his civic sometime very soon. It's a 2003 civic EX coupe. We just put a new motor, radiator, catalytic converter, and O2 sensors in it. It's automatic, but it's in good shape.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #5010
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Quote:
Hey, if you're still looking for some cheap transport, a buddy I work with us selling his civic sometime very soon. It's a 2003 civic EX coupe. We just put a new motor, radiator, catalytic converter, and O2 sensors in it. It's automatic, but it's in good shape.
I'm going to hold out and purchase something this fall/winter. Wanting to go with an rx-8.

And I worked on the jeep today... I didnt put a new compressor on it because I decided I didnt want to dump that much into it, but I got a compressor bypass pulley (basically a metal plate with a pulley on it that replaces the compressor). And drum roll- STILL have belt squeal. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take it to a shop... at this point I'm just throwing money at it because I don't have enough knowledge to actually figure out the problem.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee