Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Aramus_T_Wolf
AF Newbie

1972 AMC Javelin for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4633234075
1972 AMC JAVELIN SST 360 V8 Auto Transmission Factory Air Conditioning
I bought this car in March of 2004 in Colorado Springs where it had been sitting for about 7 years. I had every intention to fully restore it myself but have decided to pursue other interests instead.
Here is what I have had done to the car so far -
Engine -
New battery, starter, solenoid, alternator, voltage regulator, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, points, condenser, pcv valve, heater core, thermostat (flushed the system), all new hoses, all new vacuum lines, new belts, chrome valve covers, and a 14" chrome air filter cover.
Replaced the stock carb and intake with a 600 cfm Edelbrock carb with electric choke (model 1406) and Offenhauser intake manifold. The previous owner added dual exhaust in 97 when he bought the car. I still have the original intake and 2bbl carb.
The transmission was also serviced and is tight, shifts smoothly. The engine runs great now; it starts right up and does not stall or hesitate. I have not tested the AC because the cables are stuck. Likewise, the heater control needs to be fixed, but the heater works.
Chassis -
Rebuilt the steering column. Replaced upper and lower ball joints. Back tires are good, needs front tires and an alignment. Rear brakes have been replaced and the front rotors have been turned. Front brakes are ok.
Interior -
I have all the parts to rebuild the shifter lever. Driver side seat has damage at the upper left corner (see pictures) but rest of interior is original. I have seat covers for the front seats.
Body -
All original except for the hood, which I have. Rust is shown in the pictures below. I have catalogs of places where you can buy replacement patch panels or all new fenders. Front rims are 14" and rear is 15" I believe it came from the factory this way. Trunk has some rust, floorboards are ok.
Overall -
This car will make a great daily driver or a restoration project. I will take pictures of anything upon request. Please send me a message is you have any questions.
Aramus_T_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars