Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Spider
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
dinkydaudoc
AF Newbie

Question 1972 AlfaRomeo Spider ?Ezone

How about some friendly advice from people with AlfaRomeo experience.

Long story, but not sad: I am a retired US Army surgeon from Viet Nam and I have the honor to take a handcaped modified Dodge 98 Caravan van to Seattle from Ohio to a former amputee patient of mine. I love to travel via the back roads meaning I hate the Interstate routes because they sterilize the country side and I tire of "truck buggy". I plan to drive to northern Michigan and then take route US2 all the way to Seattle. I would like to tow an old 1972 AR with the van so that I can drive back home to Ohio via southern Canada. I plan to pull the AR engine and rebuild it as well as redo the clutch, brakes, and what ever needs to be reone.

Question: What potential breakdown problems does this vehicle present from past expierence? I toyed with the idea of a motor cycle (donor cycle) back home but I would rather the low sleek 4 cyl with a top potential when the whether(sp?) requires it. Does it have sufficient power to do the Rockies justice? What about overheating at higher altitudes?

I realize that this seems wayout but I just love the though of a country drive with the top down and the view of the country side unobstructed.

Thanks..from dinkydau..you Namers know what that means..deedeemau for now.
dinkydaudoc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Spider