Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
mndadof2
AF Newbie

Angry 2002 Alero, no panel lights, no start after sitting overnight.

I have a 2002 Alero with the 3.4L. It has a very annoying problem. The past two mornings I have gone out to start it and go to work, the key in chime works, the interior lights illuminate and the radio works. Turn the key to start the car and NOTHING. NO instrument panel lamps at all, no lamps check, no gauge check, no crank, no noise. Turn the key back to run and the chime still works as does the radio. Yesterday I pulles the battery, every fuse, the BCM and PCM and checked all teh connections and all looked good. WHen i put it all back together it started jsut fine and continued to do so the rest of the day. This morning I went out and it did the exact same thing. No IP lamps or activity, no crank, no clicks, no start. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes, re-connected it and now the instrument panel illuminates but when the key is turned to start there is no cranking, no click, nothing. The Service Vehicle Soon and Trac Off lamps are illuminated constantly now. THe security lamp only illuminates during the bulb check and does not come back on during attempted starting. The under-hood fuse panel does not have any corrosion on it top or bottom and the wiring appears to be in good condition (no mice). The battery shows 12.4 volts and does not lose power overnight, it is about 4 years old. Where do I go from here?
mndadof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
mndadof2
AF Newbie

Re: 2002 Alero, no panel lights, no start after sitting overnight.

Radio display also reads "calibrate" after key is put in the run position.
mndadof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
alero , issue , starting
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero