Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #46
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker_53
Oh yeah, but over the years, the Vettes are proving their worth. I guess I also want an investment.

-slacker
Corvette ZO-6? Bad investment!!! Don't believe me? Remember the ZR-1? Chevy dealers in some cases were getting over $70k for it ( and you think an NSX is a bad investment?) How much is that ZR-1 worth today! Those owners got RAPED! And if you own a Current ZO-6 what is it going to be worth in a year when the FASTER ZO-6 comes out! EVEN the C6 comimg out in a few months is F-a-s-t-e-r than the current ZO-6. By the way, you want an investment? buy a 2004 Vette and hold on to it for 20 years. Very limited production!
yellownsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:34 AM   #47
slacker_53
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownsx
Corvette ZO-6? Bad investment!!! Don't believe me? Remember the ZR-1? Chevy dealers in some cases were getting over $70k for it ( and you think an NSX is a bad investment?) How much is that ZR-1 worth today! Those owners got RAPED! And if you own a Current ZO-6 what is it going to be worth in a year when the FASTER ZO-6 comes out! EVEN the C6 comimg out in a few months is F-a-s-t-e-r than the current ZO-6. By the way, you want an investment? buy a 2004 Vette and hold on to it for 20 years. Very limited production!
My Z06 is worth more today than when I bought it, of course I'm not rolling the miles on it either. I've had it a year and it has 3200 miles on it. On the collector market, mine may drop some, that's to be expected, but in the end, it should hold my money together and for half the price of an NSX.

I just haven't seen a Honda collector car yet.

-slacker
Old 03-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #48
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I take it none of you have seen how well the NSX holds its value. It does better then most cars can dream of doing.

Not to beleager the point. But speed isn't everything and there is always another combination for the same money that can/will be faster. At some point you will say to yourself, this is the style I want for the speed I can get for the money I have.

My wife and I are seriously looking at getting an NSX - maybe not before summer is nearly over, but once we have our next house purchased, its what we're going after. I'd rather have that then any Viper or ZO6 which are going to be faster but not be what I want to put my money in.

I'll keep my VR4s (with all the nice goodies) for the speed. The next one is for style points.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #49
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker_53
My Z06 is worth more today than when I bought it, of course I'm not rolling the miles on it either. I've had it a year and it has 3200 miles on it. On the collector market, mine may drop some, that's to be expected, but in the end, it should hold my money together and for half the price of an NSX.

I just haven't seen a Honda collector car yet.

-slacker
I could have bought that car for 18% below sticker but really didn't want it ( My brother in law works for GM--- I get the discount )
As I have said in MANY previous post..... Didn't want to be "Just another Vette". However, Glad that there are people out there buying the cars. There are always lots of used ones for sale in the Chicago area, for instance, I know of a 1978 for sale, 88K miles, lots of work redone including paint,......Asking $10,000 They are nice cars, really! But I LOVE my X!
By the way ZO-6 vs NSX, both cars stock, same professional driver, same track, you win by ONE SECOND! Tell me again how fast a ZO-6 is when a stock six can almost catch it!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:59 AM   #50
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
why does everyone boil this down to 1/4 slips and track times???
Old 03-09-2004, 01:07 PM   #51
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Send a message via AIM to Thepeug
Becuase those are the general standards by which people measure a car's performance.
Thepeug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:21 AM   #52
xGQGPx
AF Newbie

Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

I have loved the NSX ever since I saw one. I was so excited to even just sit in it and let me tell you, it fit like a glove. I still can't wait till I own one of my own and that's even after I've driven a Corvette, EVO8, STI, S2000, and etc. I agree when some say that the NSX is just for a certain kind of people . . . it's different, it's exotic, and I hear it handles like no other.

Isn't another collector car by honda the Integra Type-R??? That holds its value very well.

Last edited by xGQGPx; 03-11-2004 at 09:55 AM.
xGQGPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:16 PM   #53
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

I wouldnt consider the ITR to hold value considering that there are more stolen ITR's than there are Unstolen... its just not a safe car to own...
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:41 PM   #54
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachean
I wouldnt consider the ITR to hold value considering that there are more stolen ITR's than there are Unstolen... its just not a safe car to own...
The question posed earlier concerned the ITR's status as a "collector's car." The fact that the ITR is such a hot commodity among theives is a testament to its value, rarity, and desireability. These three factors, in my opinion, define collector cars.
Thepeug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:12 PM   #55
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Well put, but you cant have much of a collection if its driving away from your driveway while you sleep...
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:27 PM   #56
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachean
Well put, but you cant have much of a collection if its driving away from your driveway while you sleep...
Garage. Alarm system. Insurance. Theft is an inherent risk with any desireable car.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #57
99maxse
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 99maxse
the nsx is just plain sexy! if you havent driven one then you really dont understand.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:24 PM   #58
Justin350
AF Newbie

I find the NSX to be a VERY interesting car... I would love to experience one if I had the money. I believe the reason I'm so fascinated by this car is how fast it is, when compared to cars that have twice as much power... Handling is what I appreciate most in a car.. 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are boring to me..

And regardless of the fact that it's made by Honda. I definately think of it as an exotic.. Hell, I've seen Ferrari's and lots of Porsches and a Lamborghini or two... but I've only seen ONE NSX, and I only caught a glimpse of the tail lights.. but I knew instantly what it was.. Man.. Wish I could have gotten a better view.
Justin350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:28 AM   #59
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
just for u gys that haven't seen this...shows how good the car can handle in the right hands even though it lacks high hp

http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:28 PM   #60
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
just for u gys that haven't seen this...shows how good the car can handle in the right hands even though it lacks high hp

http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv

Thats great for a car that has more than 200 horse power LESS than the first two cars! Good little movie!