Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 09:52 PM   #31
Meeyatch1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Meeyatch1
Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris26969
Oh i completely understand what your saying also. Its just previous people have been stating that its an ultimate car which its not, because cars at an easy 1/4 of the price will smoke it in a race.
You are correct...it is not the ultimate car, but it sure is fun. If you are even in Indiana come on over and we will go for a drive so you can see what I mean. That is the only way to really appreciate what the NSX is all about.

2002 Honda S2000
1996 Acura Integra GSR
1994 Acura NSX
1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
1991 Acura NSX
1990 Honda Accord EX

....soon to be adding a 2002-2003 E39 M5 in blue, thank you.
Meeyatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:55 PM   #32
chris26969
AF Enthusiast

I mean, seeing is believeing and i have never personaly drove an NSX. I didnt believe the capabilites of AWD till I bought my GSX. So i take your word for what the NSX is. Maybe if i was relatively wealthy I would own one. But i see the 350z for example at 29k-32k A new car with no possible problems. While owning a 91 has some age and I wouldnt have the money to fix it anywhere soon. It is still a honda, yet age effects all parts.
-MBC
-Upper Intercooler piping 1g Flange
-Turbo Intake
-BOV
-2 inch Drop
-Red/Orange paint job
-17" rims
-Indigo Gauges
chris26969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 07:44 AM   #33
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
a guy over here is sellin his NSX for $14k....i briefly thought about it....then thought about the 3 car seats that would have to go in it
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:07 AM   #34
Meeyatch1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Meeyatch1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
a guy over here is sellin his NSX for $14k....i briefly thought about it....then thought about the 3 car seats that would have to go in it
Where is this and what are the details on the car? I would love to add another.
Meeyatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 06:55 AM   #35
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC

not sure if itz sold yet.....

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...threadid=32583

Quote:
Originally posted by NSeXy
Selling my 92 NSX. Black exterior with tan interior and manual transmission. Both the interior and exterior are in good shape. The engine has 115,000 miles on it and still runs like new. Asking 14,500 but willing to negotiate, need to sell because I am moving over seas.
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:08 PM   #36
anarkist61
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to anarkist61 Send a message via MSN to anarkist61

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownsx
By the way Take one NEW civic
Add $10,000 in mods
you have a 9.4 second car
Why buy anything else?
Civic's front drive. Not everyone likes front drive. Besides that, 9 sec. front drivers are undrivable on the street. (and to be fair most 9 sec rear drivers too). I live in Canada and we get a lot of snow. Prefer rear drive in snow. Ok, just my opinion.

I like the NSX even though generally, I'm not hugely into japanese cars. It's about balance. I may like Ferrari and Lambo too, but I feel that cars are about driving them and the NSX at least will start and go without requiring a ride along mechanic.

I also work a lot around places that work on higher end stuff and get sick of their attitudes. Just fix the F'n thing and shut up!!

I've worked a lot around Mercedes dealerships and find the Service and Parts departments intolerable. They have some of the worst customer service I've ever seen. Slow and just plain indifferent people working there.

This is enough reason for me NOT to buy their product. If I wanted to be treated like shit I'd have stayed with my first wife!! HAHA
anarkist61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:26 PM   #37
tupacglock
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tupacglock Send a message via MSN to tupacglock

I seriously doubt that yellownsx has the balls to drive a 300+ HP FWD civic. High HP FWD cars are very hard to drive, on top of that lets see you design a street drivable 9 second civic. There isnt really a point where a car becomes not street legal because of speed, otherwise you would never see a 1300 Hayabusa on the road now would you? Or some of the mroe famous supercars: CLK GTR, McLaren F1 and LM, F40, F50, XJR-15, Lotus GT1, Camaro ZL-1, Diablo SVTT, C5-R, Enzo, GT40 and GT90.....the list goes on....all stock at 10 seconds or less in the 1/4 and street drivable......Look at the though.....to make the kind of HP to push a civic to 9 seconds on DOT aproved rubebr you would need a ton of compression into the 4 or 6 cyl you cram into the civic.....more compression means you need higher octane gas.....most likely something to the tune of 120 octane race gas....making it not street legal.... 3.2 liters of displacement, a ton of body cutting, and you ahve to keep the honda block and heads.....I will actully mail you 5 dollars if for 10000 dollars you can design a civic that would theoretically be street legal in at least 40 states. No Joke...... has to be a pre 1992 civic though. It can be a CRX, remember weight helps, but you gotta say what ur gonna remove or move to a diff location. I might want to remind you that 1991 and earlier civics dont have power steering and an H22 is considered 2 heavy for street because its 150 lbs heavier. Have fun.....its not possible.

Who prefers rear dirve in snow? Thats why you can barely find STi's in florida but youll see 5 of em a day in NYC in the winter. AWD!
tupacglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #38
anarkist61
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to anarkist61 Send a message via MSN to anarkist61
Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacglock

Who prefers rear dirve in snow? Thats why you can barely find STi's in florida but youll see 5 of em a day in NYC in the winter. AWD!
AWD is good too but here in Toronto we don't really get any snow and I like to "hang the tail out". Front drive is a problem for me because I tend to rip up CV boots blasting through snowdrifts/banks. Toronto's clogged with SUVs with crappy tires on them. Anyways, off topic I know.

As for the NSX question, I would consider an NSX a Ferrari without the reliability issues. I'd hardly consider a Civic an alternative to a Ferrari!!! Not to knock the civic, but it's each to his own. If we "carguys" spend so much time on petty bickering among ourselves we may wake up one day to find the anti-car people have banned all our fun.

Civic's are cool too. I just find too many that look the same to be different. Here there's all kinds of them in the Trader with wild body kits, rims, sound, etc. but have NO ENGINE MODS!!! Maybe a fartpipe, OOOOHHHH, BIG DEAL! I laugh when I pull up to something with a HUUUUUGE wing on it and I can blow it away in the parts truck, with a SIX!!! THAT's why certain other branches of the car world make so much fun of "ricers". Some guy boasts about "all the engine" work and STILL only pulls 16's or 15's. HAHAHAAA.

I'd rather see one like one of my customers just did, 4 door civic, lowered but steel rims, Acura swap. HAHAHAAA.Now THAT's fun!!

I see a lot of cars with big wings and NOTHING else. Not even rims. YUCK!! I realize that some of these are because of warranty's etc, but why do the look if you can't back it up? I do also admit that this is more a Canadian thing as I understand that a lot of the cars South of the border do have the power to back it up. Here it's more about a Sheep in wolves clothing.

Peace everyone, have fun.
anarkist61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 12:13 AM   #39
96EKB16BCoupe
AF Newbie

Quote:
I seriously doubt that yellownsx has the balls to drive a 300+ HP FWD civic. High HP FWD cars are very hard to drive, on top of that lets see you design a street drivable 9 second civic. There isnt really a point where a car becomes not street legal because of speed, otherwise you would never see a 1300 Hayabusa on the road now would you? Or some of the mroe famous supercars: CLK GTR, McLaren F1 and LM, F40, F50, XJR-15, Lotus GT1, Camaro ZL-1, Diablo SVTT, C5-R, Enzo, GT40 and GT90.....the list goes on....all stock at 10 seconds or less in the 1/4 and street drivable......Look at the though.....to make the kind of HP to push a civic to 9 seconds on DOT aproved rubebr you would need a ton of compression into the 4 or 6 cyl you cram into the civic.....more compression means you need higher octane gas.....most likely something to the tune of 120 octane race gas....making it not street legal.... 3.2 liters of displacement, a ton of body cutting, and you ahve to keep the honda block and heads.....I will actully mail you 5 dollars if for 10000 dollars you can design a civic that would theoretically be street legal in at least 40 states. No Joke...... has to be a pre 1992 civic though. It can be a CRX, remember weight helps, but you gotta say what ur gonna remove or move to a diff location. I might want to remind you that 1991 and earlier civics dont have power steering and an H22 is considered 2 heavy for street because its 150 lbs heavier. Have fun.....its not possible.

in SCCA club racing my dad and grandpa both race CRXs we converted to RWD, currently the min weight on both cars is about 1950 with the three valve 1500cc or 2000 with the d16a6 4 valve destroked to 1500cc, the d16a6 is 40dcoe dual weber carbed, and the 3valve is an fi system we made, maybe i can get pics up next week... both cars have custom bell housings mated to adapter plates, and the gearboxes are dogboxes built in an originally-alfa case

nsx is much better then any of those above mentioned cars, considering the c5-r, gt90 were never produced for street, there are about 20 remaining original gt40s around the world, the f1's are never driven and they overheat literally within five to ten miles, the f40 and f50 are extremely rare and you had to own BOTH at one time to buy an Enzo, also camaro zl-1... are you serious? that things handles and looks about as good as a school bus... and i have no opinion towards a diablo svtt. the point is, the NSX is the only true luxury supercar that can do it all. can you go on long trips in a vette, viper, ferarri, etc? the NSX is an automotive masterpiece, and the only flaw is, agreeably, the very torqueless 3/3.2 v6 depending on years, which by now should have been and will be upgraded for when the hsc goes production
96EKB16BCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:28 PM   #40
slacker_53
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Above are the reasons that I own an NSX, it does everything very well but it is never quite at the top of the class, except in handling. on a race course it is one second behind a ZO-6 with the same driver, same track. (not bad for a 6, eh?). It is (IMHO) much nicer looking than a vette. Also, I didn't want to be "just another Vette".
(yes, I expect flames)
NSXs are fantastic, but do you think they are as timeless as a Corvette? Looking 30-40 years down the road, Corvettes have proven their worth.
I haven't seen a forty year old Honda yet.

-slacker
Old 03-01-2004, 04:51 PM   #41
tupacglock
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tupacglock Send a message via MSN to tupacglock
C32B > LS6

I dont wanna hear why it isnt.
121.875 HP per L > 71.228 per L

Also you might want to change your sig to say 405 flywheel pounding horsepower
tupacglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #42
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

People don't buy Vipers for their comfort... They buy them for their visceral appeal, not for practibility. I always liked the NSX for its styling but when you factor in the price I just don't think it adds up... Just my opinion...
broddie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:19 PM   #43
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker_53
NSXs are fantastic, but do you think they are as timeless as a Corvette? Looking 30-40 years down the road, Corvettes have proven their worth.
I haven't seen a forty year old Honda yet.

-slacker
Are you aware that in the early years Chevy almost discontinued the Corvette? Last year it was the ONLY convertible in the GM line!
yellownsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:47 AM   #44
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Send a message via AIM to Thepeug

Quote:
You must mean the B16A2 Civic Si cause no way a damn D16 SOHC is going to run 9s with only 10k in it. Frankly No matter what you do to a SOHC D16 you arent going to get to mid 9s without replacing the:
Pistons
Heads
Head Gaskets
Block
Cams
Camshaft
Cam Gears
Plugs
Flywheel
ECU
Bore/Stroke
Clutch
Intake
Intake Manifold
Excaust
Cat
Headers
Radiator
Crankshaft
Pulleys
Transmission
Suspension
Wheels
Tires
Plugs
Ignition System
Injectors
and anything else I missed....
The new Civic Si's have the K20A2 motor, not a d16. Still, I doubt that a mere $10,000 could make an Si run 9's.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:41 AM   #45
slacker_53
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Why would you want to buy an NSX (Seriously)

Quote:
Are you aware that in the early years Chevy almost discontinued the Corvette? Last year it was the ONLY convertible in the GM line!
Oh yeah, but over the years, the Vettes are proving their worth. I guess I also want an investment.

-slacker