Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
COBRA77
AF Newbie

Re: Springs, Bars, and Rake

Reporting back on what I found... Alignment before(Camber -1.4,-3.4, Caster 4.9,5.2, Toe -0.07, -0.13) Alignment after (Camber -2.5, -2.0, Caster 4.0, 4.3, Toe 0.06, 0.06) Also had to take a little out of the left rear spring to get weights to LF 721, RF 696, LR 760, RR 711 (cross of 1455 and1431). Ride heights were LF 4.25, RF 4.19, LR 4.63, RR 4.5.

Making these changes made a world of difference at Blackhawk (relatively flat track) and I had a best lap time of 1:21.3, which is about the same as my friend's Alpha.

I'll put the Torsen and roll bar on my to-do list. Going to Mid-Ohio in a couple of weeks with PCA, so I'll see how this works with elevation changes

Thanks again for all the posts / advice!

Larry
COBRA77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
panozracing
AF Enthusiast

I have been to Mid-O so I have data on what an NASA ST-1 Panoz should run.
2000 Panoz GTS #420
NASA ST1
427ci Stroker
panozracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
NZGTRA17
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA77 View Post
Reporting back on what I found... Alignment before(Camber -1.4,-3.4, Caster 4.9,5.2, Toe -0.07, -0.13) Alignment after (Camber -2.5, -2.0, Caster 4.0, 4.3, Toe 0.06, 0.06) Also had to take a little out of the left rear spring to get weights to LF 721, RF 696, LR 760, RR 711 (cross of 1455 and1431). Ride heights were LF 4.25, RF 4.19, LR 4.63, RR 4.5.

Making these changes made a world of difference at Blackhawk (relatively flat track) and I had a best lap time of 1:21.3, which is about the same as my friend's Alpha.

I'll put the Torsen and roll bar on my to-do list. Going to Mid-Ohio in a couple of weeks with PCA, so I'll see how this works with elevation changes

Thanks again for all the posts / advice!

Larry
Most of the settings you are using are similar to what we have run in our car but your ride heights seem way to high. Factory GTS setting is 3.5" for front and 4" for rear.

Any particular setup plan behind running the car so high?

Kel.
Panoz GTRA #17
New Zealand
NZGTRA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
COBRA77
AF Newbie

Thanks for the replies, sorry about the delay...

Brian - Any data would be appreciated. I have an AIM Solo. What format is your data in?

Kel - Thanks for the catch! Honestly, that's just where the car was running (since I bought it). Guess we got side tracked with the corner balance and didn't take any steps to lower to the GTS specs... I did find some other specs that stated 3.75 +/-.2 front and 4.0 +/- .2 for the rear. Interestingly enough, there was no spec. / tolerance for rake...
Old 10-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
NZGTRA17
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, sorry about the delay...

Brian - Any data would be appreciated. I have an AIM Solo. What format is your data in?

Kel - Thanks for the catch! Honestly, that's just where the car was running (since I bought it). Guess we got side tracked with the corner balance and didn't take any steps to lower to the GTS specs... I did find some other specs that stated 3.75 +/-.2 front and 4.0 +/- .2 for the rear. Interestingly enough, there was no spec. / tolerance for rake...
Might be worth downloading the GTS manual as figures in there. The rake takes care of itself when you set the front and rear ride heights per factory spec. You end up with .5".

Regards running .75" high on ride height, we have been doing a lot of bump steer work on my car. I am running the car at 3.5" and 4" but with the 680 profile slicks I am running we had .100" bumpsteer each way at 1.5" bump and droop. You may well find you car nicer to drive when you drop it down as you will lower the C of G and get the steering geometry back where it should be all at the same time.

Kel.
Panoz GTRA #17
New Zealand
NZGTRA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #21
COBRA77
AF Newbie

Kel - Thanks for the additional insights / impact of running higher ride heights! I might just have to check clearance on the trailer ramp and a few other places before I drop her down. Spoiler already drags entering the driveway (trailer won't fit in the driveway, so I have to unload on the street).

Larry
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #22
PanozDuke
AF Regular

Quote:
Kel - Thanks for the additional insights / impact of running higher ride heights! I might just have to check clearance on the trailer ramp and a few other places before I drop her down. Spoiler already drags entering the driveway (trailer won't fit in the driveway, so I have to unload on the street).

Larry
Larry,
I solved that problem by making the air dam removable using Dzus fasteners with pop rivets to secure them.

Mike
PanozDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS