Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Lilautoworker
AF Newbie

1992 323 Electrical/computer problem

We just got my car inspected on 5/29/10 and it passed and was working fine. Yesterday I went to start it and it wouldn't turn over, or anything. The lights don't work, nothing works. I did hear a kinda loudish clicking/ticking noise by the gear selector,(its the automatic SE version) Nothing Electrical works, any help? I don't think the battery is dead or anything like that. Do you think it might help if i get a video of it?
Lilautoworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
DoctorCrobe
AF Newbie

Re: 1992 323 Electrical/computer problem

well, let me ask a few questions to Clarify some things..

when you turn the key, you get no power to your dash? what about when you open the door, does your dome lights come on at all?

Have you checked to make sure your battery cables are tight on the battery? Batteries don't usually like cold weather, and it could be yours as been dying off for a while..

might also check to see if the cable came loose down on the starter, if you still have power, but the starter just clicks when the ignition is turned..

wal-mart's Tire & Lube express can test batteries, as well as any auto part store that does, it's usually free.. suggest pulling the battery and have it checked out. pay attention to the cranking or cold cranking amps, if they are way low.. then chances are the battery is toast..

if you get a new battery and everything seems fine, take it down and have them do an alternator test to make sure it's working correctly...

after you have done the basic checks that you can do yourself, and nothing is still working, double check all your fuses and make sure you didn't blow any, there should be some under the hood as well as in the vehicle on the driver side.. not to sure about the 323's..

hope some of this helps
DoctorCrobe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
323 , computer , electrical , mazda
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro