Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
bpugasmith
AF Newbie

1998 CR-V Overheating

My 1998 CR-V recently started leaking anitfreeze from the top of the radiator but it wasn't overheating. I had the radiator replaced and now it is overheating. Can you tell me what might be causing this and what I need to do to fix it? Thanks
bpugasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
jgr7
AF Regular

Re: 1998 CR-V Overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpugasmith
My 1998 CR-V recently started leaking anitfreeze from the top of the radiator but it wasn't overheating. I had the radiator replaced and now it is overheating. Can you tell me what might be causing this and what I need to do to fix it? Thanks
Two things did they change the thermostat? And did you change the radiator cap. When I did mine I also had the hoses changed. Make sure that the coolant is full also as sometimes you get an air pocket trapped in the engine that can cause overheating.
Jeff
jgr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
bpugasmith
AF Newbie

Thanks. My mechanic is working on it now, I'll have him take a look at it and see if any of these are causing it. He's also the one who replaced it. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
bpugasmith
AF Newbie

Ok. The CR-V is still overheating. The problem now is the fans aren't coming on and the temperature rises. I can turn on the defrost to make the fans come on to cool it. But they aren't coming on when the temperature rises. I replaced the relay for the cooling fan, but that didn't work. There are a couple of other things I've been told could be wrong. I was told it was either the Heat Sensor or a blown head gasket. Or did I maybe get a defect radiator that is causing more problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V