Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
wheelsoff2004
AF Newbie

Family comes first, but i LOVE my car.

well i saved money all my senior year to get a decent car, well i finally found the one i had to have, it was a 1996 chevy camaro rs (3.8 liter). Well i have been workin ever since on trying to upgrade my car. well everytime i think everything is back on track, something worse happens and i am back farther than when i started. Well my mom was having money problems about 15 months ago, and she needed a new car, her chevy beretta was done for, but she didnt have the money. so i took out a loan to get a car for her til she could get back on her feet.. well i got her a 98 chrysler sebring, (because of course my family means everything to me), and that was the car she wanted.. well three days ago my brother was taking my sister to school and TOTALLED the sebring.. well the insurance company is only givin me about 5, 000 dollars for the accident.. and i owe a lot more than that on the car.. since my mom has more to lose than i do .. i have to help her get another car (keep in mind that i still owe on the sebring).. well helping my family is not a problem.. BUT now i dont have any money to pay for anything to upgrade my car.. my starter was just replaced, i just changed the rotors and pads, changed the oil, and replaced the struts and shocks.. and i was looking for cheap upgrades for my car.. but i cant find ANYTHING to help.. ESPECIALLY since all my money is needed by my family.. does anyone have any advice on the situation? the only thing that is more important in my life than my car is my family.. and now i feel like i cant get anything done with my car.. please offer what you can..
Thanks for your time
The Cursed Camaro Owner
wheelsoff2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
illusion123a
AF Regular

Re: Family comes first, but i LOVE my car.

Helping you famiy is important, but your parents are there to help you, as a child its not your responsibality to keep buying you mom a car, I would have her sign for the loan and get a beeter car until she can afford something better
illusion123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:18 PM   #3
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

Well Fmaily always imporant but why cant your mom get her loan your the child not the parent. Tell her to get her own loan don't ruin your credit over her problem.
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:17 PM   #4
illusion123a
AF Regular

AMEN, something that bugs me, my 45 year old aunt "cant afford" her car payments, so my 83 year old grandfather pays them for her, (he co-signed) if you cant afford it dont buy it, it amazing that she can afford alcohol and smokes
illusion123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

He asked for inexpensive upgrades for his car, not for people to critizize him for helping his family, jesus i hate when people do that.

Anyway, as far as parts, what are you looking for? Performance i assume, and if so, do you want to make the car handle better, go faster, or both. Give me some details and i will help you out.
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #6
clawhammer
AF Fanatic

Also, with the 5 grand you have get another car, get something from private party since you'll generally get a better deal. Then still continue on making the loan payments, and then don't get anymore loans for other people.
clawhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A