Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
bjhredneck13
AF Newbie

99 Ranger Transfer Case Removal Problem

I am trying to remove the transfer case and it seems to be stuck.... i have already removed the rear driveshaft and the front drive shaft. I have taken out the (5) bolts that hold the transfer case onto the transmission extension housing but the transfer case just won't budge! I have tried pry bars, chains, ratchet straps, a jack, and none of that seems to do the trick. Does anybody have any suggestions? I was told that there may be a hidden bolt, but i cant find any.....
bjhredneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
thunderbird muscle
AF Enthusiast

Re: 99 Ranger Transfer Case Removal Problem

The last time I took mine off of my 89 ranger I had it on a lift had to shake the transfer case up and down while pulling the transfer case back. Mud bogging got mud caked in everything causing it to stick.

Racing a Honda is like being in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded!
thunderbird muscle is offline   Reply With Quote