Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
oter
AF Regular

pocher 1:4 ducati 1299 panigale

have enyone bought this kit?and have recieved it.

i would love to get this kit,but want to see some pics of the parts,and what you think about the kit,before i spend that lot of Money on it
oter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
markiii
AF Newbie

Re: pocher 1:4 ducati 1299 panigale

There's a brief review on automodeler and more info on Airfix's site.
markiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
oter
AF Regular

i did order it,so will recieve it this week
Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
oter
AF Regular

got it today
Old 02-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #5
miko3572
AF Newbie

I am building this kit right now, and i am going to "super Detail" it. So i will not just building the base kit.
I will do a seperate thread in the next days here with my build. I have done a lot of modifications to the base kit.
I made all the correct nuts and bolts on my lathe and mill.
Also designed all the electric connectors and other parts i wanted to Change to get it printed 3d.
Made a lot of etched parts to add additional Detail or replace / modify existing parts.
Milled a complete new front and rear axle, and most other mounting parts. (Suspension shifter linkage,....)

Here is a link to my OneDrive Folder to Show the current Progress of modification.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=DC8456...8456CEF4B1C692

It probably does not give you the idea of the base kit, but may be still of some help.

Best regards,
Michael
miko3572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #6
star21
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko3572 View Post
I am building this kit right now, and i am going to "super Detail" it. So i will not just building the base kit.
I will do a seperate thread in the next days here with my build. I have done a lot of modifications to the base kit.
I made all the correct nuts and bolts on my lathe and mill.
Also designed all the electric connectors and other parts i wanted to Change to get it printed 3d.
Made a lot of etched parts to add additional Detail or replace / modify existing parts.
Milled a complete new front and rear axle, and most other mounting parts. (Suspension shifter linkage,....)

Here is a link to my OneDrive Folder to Show the current Progress of modification.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=DC8456...8456CEF4B1C692

It probably does not give you the idea of the base kit, but may be still of some help.

Best regards,
Michael
Wow! I think you just made a whole new Ducati with that much work you put into. Very impressive attention to detail. Is that just a personal project or are you planning to market a super detail kit?
star21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
miko3572
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by star21 View Post
Wow! I think you just made a whole new Ducati with that much work you put into. Very impressive attention to detail. Is that just a personal project or are you planning to market a super detail kit?
Hi star21

Thanks for your words.
This is just a personal Project. I could bring the 3D printed parts on the market (electric connectors, new ECU, black boxes and Cylinder head side covers) but first i Need to wait to see if they all work out the way i planned for. (Just waiting for the printed parts to get home)
And for all the mashined parts and etched sheets i have no possibility to make them in that amount that i am able to think of a Detail kit to sell. I am a one man "Company" doing all the parts myself (except the printing process of the 3d parts) All designs (for 3D printing and etching Sheets) are selfmade, the etching is completly selfmade (no Company in between) same for all mashined parts. They are done on a manual lathe and mill. I have no CNC Equipment. This is a real PITA especially for all the working nuts and bolts when you Need 50 or more each!!!
So going into mass production is no Option :-)

Thanks again,

Best regards,
Michael

So for now i will leave it as a single Piece Project.

I am planning to do a WIP in the bike section here next week or so when i find the time.

Best regards,
Michael
Old 02-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
Niro750
AF Regular

Can't load the pics on my phone yet but judging by what you describe this will be simply amazing, I look forward to the build
Niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #9
GirchyGirchy
AF Regular

Quote:
I am planning to do a WIP in the bike section here next week or so when i find the time.
Please do, your pictures are amazing.

What are you using for reference material? The part numbers and labels on the items are most impressive.
GirchyGirchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #10
AudiR8V8Phantom
AF Newbie

Quote:
Hi star21

Thanks for your words.
This is just a personal Project. I could bring the 3D printed parts on the market (electric connectors, new ECU, black boxes and Cylinder head side covers) but first i Need to wait to see if they all work out the way i planned for. (Just waiting for the printed parts to get home)
And for all the mashined parts and etched sheets i have no possibility to make them in that amount that i am able to think of a Detail kit to sell. I am a one man "Company" doing all the parts myself (except the printing process of the 3d parts) All designs (for 3D printing and etching Sheets) are selfmade, the etching is completly selfmade (no Company in between) same for all mashined parts. They are done on a manual lathe and mill. I have no CNC Equipment. This is a real PITA especially for all the working nuts and bolts when you Need 50 or more each!!!
So going into mass production is no Option :-)

Thanks again,

Best regards,
Michael

So for now i will leave it as a single Piece Project.

Best regards,
Michael
Simply amazing!!! Well done!
AudiR8V8Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:00 AM   #11
miko3572
AF Newbie

Hi thank you all very much for your words

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy View Post
Please do, your pictures are amazing.

What are you using for reference material? The part numbers and labels on the items are most impressive.

It will take probably at least till end of this week until i will find time to start the WIP here. Still not sure how to integrate Pictures direct to the thread. Tried it once and it did not work. And i want to Show the Pictures here direct and no link to an other site. Will see if i am able to do it. :-)

As reference i am using the "Ducati 1299s Workshop Manual" (more than 1300 pages), parts catalog of the 1299s and hundreds of Pictures of the bike and subassenblies i took myself at the dealer and you can find on ebay (parts sales) Here you can find almost every single part of the bike pictured from several sides.

Best regards,
Michael
Old 03-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
oter
AF Regular

what is difference from the 1199 and the 1299?i know the engine size,but is the rest same bike?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:03 AM   #13
kaisers_phoenix
AF Newbie

From what I've observed from online pictures, engine block, exhaust muffer, headlight, cowlings are different.. Sorry, can't really provide valuable input..
kaisers_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling