Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
desertpat
AF Newbie

Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter Van

I have a 2005 Sprinter 2500. It cost me about $40,000. bucks. It's great except for traction of off the paved road. I get stuck alot in sand and mud. I'm on custom home construction sites during the week and camping on the weekends so I'm off the pavement alot. Any one have any ideas or suggestions on improving my traction?
desertpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
sub006
AF Enthusiast

Re: Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter Van

Those are great trucks! I've been considering one for my long-haul business because of up to 30 mpg highway.

Assuming you have 2WD, about all you can do is change tires. BF Goodrich and Bridgestone make the best dual-purpose tires. The most aggressive ones will have fantastic traction, yet tend to be noisy and fast-wearing on pavement. I have heard owners of BFG KO's, supposedly a hard-core tire, say they are surprisingly gentle in on-road use.

Suggest you talk to a dealer who is knowledgeable about off-roading to narrow down to which models might be the best compromise for your on-/off-road use.
sub006 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars