Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 08:27 PM   #1
T Cup
AF Newbie

Question 01 Dodge 2500 electrical problem

I have an 01 Dodge 2500 4x4 w/cummings diesel. One day the radio, dome, hood, glove box lights, and electric mirrors stopped working. Everything else works great. I checked all the fuses in the fuse block under the hood and by the driver's door, they are all good. My Haynes manual says there is a juntion block with the time delay relay and a 15 amp fuse for this circut, but I can't find it. I think that might be the problem. Does anyone have any ideas where it is or if this is the problem?

I traced it down to a pink wire at the back of the radio. When I add power to the pink wire everything works. I quess I have to trace the wire back until I find the problem spot?

Last edited by T Cup; 12-27-2004 at 10:33 PM.
T Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #2
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: 01 Dodge 2500 electrical problem

Makes sense; don't know for sure but it sounds as if the junction block you're looking for may be at the other end of the pink wire. Good luck.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #3
Divoicer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Cup
I have an 01 Dodge 2500 4x4 w/cummings diesel. One day the radio, dome, hood, glove box lights, and electric mirrors stopped working. Everything else works great. I checked all the fuses in the fuse block under the hood and by the driver's door, they are all good. My Haynes manual says there is a juntion block with the time delay relay and a 15 amp fuse for this circut, but I can't find it. I think that might be the problem. Does anyone have any ideas where it is or if this is the problem?

I traced it down to a pink wire at the back of the radio. When I add power to the pink wire everything works. I quess I have to trace the wire back until I find the problem spot?

Hey - I'm having the EXACT same problem with my 2000 Ram 1500 V8. The radio, etc. just died. No fuses out. Were you able to find a solution? I'd really hate to have to fork over $200 just to have a dealership look at it.
Divoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
jm897
AF Newbie

I know this is an old question but my truck just did this the other day. There is a fuse in the cab fuse panel labeled I.O.D. fuse #12 on my truck. It has a black lock around it, dont know why, but that fuse is blown. I replaced fuse, lights come on, mirrors and radio work. hope this helps
jm897 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10