Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
nsheaffer
AF Newbie

Air blows through different vents.

Hello, When I have the AC on it normally blows through the panel vents. When I step on the gas it blows through the defrost vents. Can anybody help me with what is wrong? Also the air is not cold, I had the evaporator changed and recharged.

Thank-you
nsheaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
pissedriteoff
AF Newbie

you have to attach a check valve in the system. when ever you accelerate or increase engine revs the air switches to defrost. go to chrysler dealership and ask for check valve 24-001-036 or dcc#04677204 and have them install it. It takes 30 seconds to do. Have them reference tsb 24-01-96...it cost me 10.90cdn. if you want to put it in yourself i can email you a pic
pissedriteoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
idspud26
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to idspud26
I had the same problem on my 96 and it was a vacuum leak in one of the lines and a valve.
idspud26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
TurboSW
AF Regular

I bet you have a cracked vac hose that leads to the cruse control servo that is under the battery. Replace that with some rubber hose from autozone and you should be fine. Save the old connectors from the old plastic hose. You will need them to use the new rubber hose.
TurboSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #5
tnduke
AF Newbie

Re: Air blows through different vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSW
I bet you have a cracked vac hose that leads to the cruse control servo that is under the battery. Replace that with some rubber hose from autozone and you should be fine. Save the old connectors from the old plastic hose. You will need them to use the new rubber hose.
I have kinda the same problem but when I accelerate up a grade the air quits blowing. It has been that way since I bought the truck. The cruise quit working about 8 months ago so do you think it could be the line to the servo went from a small leak to a large one?
tnduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #6
TurboSW
AF Regular

Re: Re: Air blows through different vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnduke
I have kinda the same problem but when I accelerate up a grade the air quits blowing. It has been that way since I bought the truck. The cruise quit working about 8 months ago so do you think it could be the line to the servo went from a small leak to a large one?
Could be. My AC was doing the same thing and the cruise stopped as well. I replaced the cracker vac hose. Replacing the hose fixed the AC, but it turns out that the cruise servo is bad. I haven't replaced it because I never really use it anyways.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
seamedoo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissedriteoff
you have to attach a check valve in the system. when ever you accelerate or increase engine revs the air switches to defrost. go to chrysler dealership and ask for check valve 24-001-036 or dcc#04677204 and have them install it. It takes 30 seconds to do. Have them reference tsb 24-01-96...it cost me 10.90cdn. if you want to put it in yourself i can email you a pic
I have had the same problem as the previous individual. If you can still email the pic for installing the check valve, I would like that.
Thanks,

Seamedoo.
seamedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
TurboSW
AF Regular

You don't have to attach a check valve in the system. All you have to do is visually check your vac lines. It's probably the hard plastic hose that leads to the servo under the battery.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #9
lolrus
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSW
You don't have to attach a check valve in the system. All you have to do is visually check your vac lines. It's probably the hard plastic hose that leads to the servo under the battery.
Hi i have the same problem i changed the line that goes to the cruise servo as it looked to be the problem cause of battery acid, Didnt fix it and other lines look fine, should i change the valve out or are there any other suggestions.
lolrus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10