Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
SH1ZA
AF Newbie

SAAB 900 SE electrical problem

I have a 1995 Saab 900 SE and when i put the car in reverse, the fuse for the reverse light blows out. I've checked the connections and light bulbs in the back and everything looks okay. Also, the windshield wiper is on the same fuse and I know that's not the problem, so the problem is definitely with the reverse light mechanism. Any suggestions?
SH1ZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
ImWhtUWnted18
AF Newbie

Re: SAAB 900 SE electrical problem

I just bought a 1995 Saab 900SE and when I went to go and turn on the radio it didnt turn on at all.And when ou try to tune in a radio station oir eject something from the cassete player nothing happens,and I was wondering if anyone could help me in trying to figure out what it might be.
Thanks
-Chris
Oh yea my email is pride4lyfe25@yahoo.com please email me if you can help me
ImWhtUWnted18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
94saab900
AF Newbie

Re: SAAB 900 SE electrical problem

Oh yea that particular fuse was a real pain for me. I didn't have working reverse lights when i bought my 900. After a while the windshield wipers stopped working after about 5 or ten minutes of continuous use (they would always blow a fuse). I'm not sure about yours but my fuse panel door says that that is a 30 amp. fuse. I was just messing around looking for something else in the owners manual and it said it was a 20 amp. So I put a 20 in and it has been working for a couple weeks now (knock on wood). Yesterday I finally put the reverse light switch in that I got with my car and that works too. The only problem is that when my reverse lights come on, so do my parking lights. Whatever, I'm not going to worry about it.

I would try a new reverse light switch, they can't be too expensive. If you do, to install it remove the drivers side front wheel (passenger in UK or other) and the wheel well housing. look straight ahead, (the transmissions in these are weird/sideways) so you should see 2 wires going into the transmission housing. Unplug them and unscrew the switch (it looks like a spark plug) the whole switch will come out when you unbolt that.

Hope I helped! Sorry for the length!
94saab900 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900