Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #31
Orion37170
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Orion37170 Send a message via AIM to Orion37170 Send a message via MSN to Orion37170
Re: Please look Wasting Money/Paypal

it is the same at ebay some sellers put there costs onto their prizes some not...but the buyer decides if he accept it or not
Old 03-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #32
joecwlaw
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please look Wasting Money/Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleracecars
Because we are talking about PAYPAL!!! With PayPal is is against the rules to charge the fee unless of course you are in the UK. I am only saying it is against PayPal rules for people to be charging the fees. I do not know who you are or why you want to argue the rules so much. I can assume you are not from the UK so why are you referencing rules that apply only to the UK? Spin, Spin, Spin. Around and around we go. Anything to make it look like your point is valid when it is clearly not. It is interesting though that HLJ does not charge the fee nor does rainbow 10 or any other store I am aware of so I do not know why this point is of so much concern to you. If you want to pay someone the fee than by all means do so. I would love to jack up the price of goods 3 to 5 % over what I am selling for including of course the shipping charges but it is not right to do so according to the rules I agreed to when I signed up for the service.
you own a shop and you know when you order kits from tamiya and fujimi, you get a price much lower than MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price). That is a dealer/wholesale price.

So HLJ and Rainbow ten charge customers MSRP (list price on the kit box) while only costing at wholesale price. They already earn whatever cost they have from the difference.

once again, you did not dig into the fact, that is HLJ has no charge on paypal fee does not mean HLJ has paid for the cost. The mechanism does not work in your way.

I am staying from both buyer and seller sides. Buyers may not know sellers will receive less amount than he sent as paypal takes a portion as transact fees if the buyers never receive funds through paypal.

IT IS UPTO THE BUYER ACCEPTS THE BILL FROM THE SELLER OR NOT. YOU CAN WALK AWAY FROM THE SELLER SIMPLY.

THERE IS NO NEED TO CRY OUT SAYING PEOPLE "FRAUDING", if the buyer knows all the lists of charges before he pays, that is not counted as frauding.

Last edited by joecwlaw; 03-03-2004 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #33
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

Honestly, its a silly debate. It seems clear what PayPal's rules are. However, there is nothing stopping the seller from charging a "handling" charge in addition to shipping. That's what it means when you say shipping + handling. I have used Ebay extensively and PayPal for almost all my transactions there. I have been, on occasion, charged a handling fee which I always assumed was to cover PayPal's charges and I was fine with that. It wasn't much, and the seller was upfront about how much I was going to have to pay over the item price to get it shipped to me, and I decided the little extra was worthwhile and not unfair.

I don't see the big deal. As long as the seller doesn't spring hidden charges on the buyer (which is hard to do on PayPal since you send $X.xx and are not charged $X.xx) then I don't see anything fraudulent occuring. A seller may just have to use careful wording to get around PayPal's restrictions, but that's just semantics really. When you sell something, you agree a certain service; an item, packed and shipped away. When you buy, you pay for it. As long as both parties agree on a fair price, then everyone is happy.

If you don't want to pay any sort of handling, don't.
If you don't care, then ok.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #34
Orion37170
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Orion37170 Send a message via AIM to Orion37170 Send a message via MSN to Orion37170

@joe
that's just what i said
Old 03-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #35
scaleracecars
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecwlaw
scaleracecars, stop bugging and attacking, why don't you reply on the credit card issue you stated? your rule of thumbs broke by me, so trigger on me, face the truth, you said something wrong by saying:

in fact the one did not dig into WHATSOEVER hole is you. don't be ridiculous.
I do not understand your anger and I do not know who you have been paying a fee to you should not be paying. As for the credit card issue you are altering rules as set forth by PayPal. PayPal has rules set forth based upon the regulations in the country in which they operate. As someone who agreed to the service you are to follow the rules applied to the country in which the service is operating from. For PayPal the answer is what has already been stated. If other countries have options to allow charging a surcharge on regular credit cards then so be it but that has nothing to do with PayPal. Also because PayPal does operate from the USA there is no doubt that their agreement with the credit card companies is set to operate under the same conditions as anyone else in that the buyer can not be charged the fees. Like I said before if you wish to pay the fee to someone that great for you and you are very generous. Also your rather foul PM will not get a response. And as for the fraud comment PayPal does not charge a fee on personal accounts according to their website so someone with a personal account would be lying if they were collecting money for charges they did not have. The particular violation is called "fraud or in some cases theft by deception" I never accused anyone of this I just stated a fact as per PayPal's website. Why are you so upset about this? It is no big thing just a discussion among friends.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #36
scaleracecars
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Read this: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...yments-outside

paypal handling charges = 2.9% +1% for non-us sender/receiver

comparing to the other payment methods:
Money order: Bank charges 8-9usd handling charges
Western Union: varies from 15usd to "out of my knowledge"

Don't trigger me, as I hold no affiliate with paypal.
I must have missed something in the smoke and mirrors you are throwing up because there is nothing in the link above that says non us sender/receiver pays a fee on personal accounts.
On the other hand here is a link to the fee schedule where it clearly shows personal accounts are not charged a fee.

The lin does not work. Go to http://www.paypal.com and click the link at the bottom that says fees.

Only business and premier accounts are charged a fee for receiving money. There is an exchange rate fee that is charged to all accounts but if you look you will see business and premier users are paying that and the transaction fee.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #37
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please look Wasting Money/Paypal

Quote:

what do you mean "your making it that way"? You assume something here again.

Watch your wordingS, DON'T just quote 1 paragraph from what I said, and then saying something I never said nor assumed.

I NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING.

ALSO, the bullshiting is not from me. Throw the shit to paypal, it is their contradition, not me.

The one who ASSUMES other people are IMO that's bullshit

Ok , I won't argue with Mr. Know-It-All.......And also, Don't PM that shit if your going to post it

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 PM   #38
jswillmon
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jswillmon

Man......is it getting hot in here or what?????

**Click the pic for my latest build, Daytona Blue 350z**
Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 PM   #39
joecwlaw
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please look Wasting Money/Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8ter_in_ny
Ok , I won't argue with Mr. Know-It-All.......And also, Don't PM that shit if your going to post it
what is the matter with you? This is a public forum, everyone can input the things they find and get.

If you cannot accept someone saying something different than you, you shit get your ass off here.

It seems you and scaleracecars are the Mr. Know-It-All.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:44 PM   #40
freakray
AF Modelrater

Enough.