Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
View Poll Results: Which Car Would you Buy
Cadillac DTS 1 7.14%
Buick Park Avenue 13 92.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
AF Newbie

Smile Buick Park Avenue or a Cadillac DTS

I have a 2000 Standard Buick Park Avenue with many extra options and I love the car. Been the best car I have ever owned. It is my first big car and now I'm stuck on loving big cars. I blame my old army buddy and all his large cars. He has had most of the different kinds. He buys used cars as I do to save lots of money.

Anyway most of us men have roving eyes. Ladies do to. So I have been looking at Cadillac DTS. I'm I crazy. What are the opinions out there. Would you rather have a Buick Park Avenue or a Cadillac DTS. Or what king of big car floats your boat?

I guess I'm a old man looking around at cars. I think its cheaper then getting into trouble chasing old women. I am not sure which would be more fun. Just kidding. Hope my wife doesn't read this post. No problem she never uses this darn computer.

So guys or gals Park Avenue or Cadillac DTS. What's your opinion.
012620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
HotZ28
AF Moderator Elite

Re: Buick Park Avenue or a Cadillac DTS

If you will notice, I started a poll for you addressing your question. The poll will remain open until 2/1/09. Before the poll is closed, you should have sufficent response to make an intelligent decision. Good Luck on your final decision!

HotZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
mcmlxv
AF Newbie

I vote for the Park Avenue Ultra.

A well maintained DeVille is a very nice car. A neglected DeVille is a horror. The Northstar powerplant requires regular cooling system maintenence to avoid catastrophic failure. Check some of the Cadillac-specific forums online and you'll see some really heartbreaking stories.

If you do settle on a DeVille, seek out a DHS. You get many more features than the Base model (sunshades, Bose, heated rear seats, etc.) while retaining the very comfortable bench/column setup. With the DTS, you're stuck with space-robbing console. Also, the DHS has the beautiful analog gauge cluster from the DTS, not the cheap looking digital cluster from the Base.

My advice: stick with the Park. It's more reliable, cheaper to fix, cheaper to run, cheaper to insure, and the Supercharged 3800 isn't going to grenade on you.

Good luck.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
52mercury
AF Newbie

Stick with the Buick,you will have less headaches and expense.

Aside from the cooling system issues on the Northstar engine, this engine has an inherrent problem of leaking oil. The leaks develop from the headbolts that tend to loosen and strip out the threads, requiring a top engine overhaul. Mimium charge is $3,500.00 at a Cadillac dealership. I was formallly associated with a Cad dealership and beacme aware of many related issues.
52mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Scrapper
AF Premium User

i would stay with park avenue. my mom and dad have two of them ones a 91 and a 93 really has not had any problems other than maitance. good luck to you...but really nice ride.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
AF Newbie

I checked with ComsumerReports.org on Reliability History - Cadillac DeVille and Buick Park Avenue. The history for the Park Avenue was much better then the Cadillac.

I should of looked at this reliability history first and that would of answered my questions. The Cad is a fine looking modern car. Glad I didn't buy one. On the other hand the reliability history on the Lincoln Town Car was better then the Park Avenue and Cadillac. But I think I will save the money and drive the Park Avenue for a long time.

The Buick has always been a fine ride/drive and gets good gas milage with only minor repairs so far.
012620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Greg5150
AF Newbie

Find a low mileage Park Ave (2001 to 2005). The earlier ones had trans problems due to a bad solenoid in the trans. I think the Park Ave handles and rides better than the DTS.
Greg5150 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue