Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > Super 7
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Super 7 Kit car

I was thinking of getting a kit car of the Super 7 and was looking for more power. (Track day car) does anyone think it is possible to put in a Honda S2000 turboed engine into the kit car? I know it will take a lot of work but it should bust power by a bunch... right? O well joust a thought. I can’t do anything till I move in a year. I already have a 4-car garage full with joust 2 people in the house.
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #2
Sean_S
AF Enthusiast

Hmm...

Not sure you would need it. I suppose it depends on which year and which engine, but I have heard of racing versions of the Seven with dual turbos.( I think the output was 250 hp) I mean really, the 230 hp Cat version is said to 0-60 in 3.4 and 0-100 in 8.1. With the car weighing all but 1500 pounds, you really don't need a lot of muscle. That and adding a different engine will throw the balance off I would think. However, I have no idea how difficult it is to drop 2 turbos on.

Sean
Sean_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
Deman USA
AF Newbie

Re: Super 7 Kit car

Hello, my name is Paul Roupas and I'm one of the owners of Deman USA. We actually sell a Lotus Seven replicas, called the SR27. They features a Nissan SR20DET motor that is turbocharged from the factory. Our orange car is making about 350hp, not too bad for a car that weighs about 1450lbs. If you are looking for a turbo'd seven that makes series HP, you should look at the SR27. You can read a review of the SR27 at www.jalopnik.com. Here is a link to what one of the journalist thought about our car.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/feature/jal...rds-277573.php

Paul Roupas and Dino Trakas,
Deman USA
Deman USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
thatguy579
AF Newbie

I am absolutly positive you could put a s2000 engine in a lotus super 7 kit. I actually have a lotus 7 kit car im looking to sell, the only problem i think youre going to run into is that the car i have has mazda running gears and drive train because it had the rx7 rotary engine in it, but im not positive that the s2000 and rotary engine spin in the same direction, i believe the mazda is counter clockwise while the s2000 is clockwise. but it would be a sweet ride with a hott s2000 engine in it, because the car weighs next to nothing 1700 lbs. You get the idea. it would be a corvette killer on the street
thatguy579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
SmokeyR67
AF Regular

Yep, the S2000 engine and gearbox will fit in most 7 kit's.
SmokeyR67 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > Super 7