Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #1
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Unhappy Botched CD Install!!!

Wasap fellas. Quick question: I just installed a new headunit (sony xplod mp70) in my Accord, and everything went smoothly. That is untill I was driving later that night and noticed that my in-dash clock doesn't light up anymore. The clock is still on, and I never disconnected it during the install procedure, but somehow between pulling it out of the dash and popping it back in, I fakked sumthin up back there. I pulled it out again and looked at the wires in back, everything's in tact. Any ideas?

btw, I posted this same question in the Accord forum

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
k67p67
AF Newbie

The light bulb in the clock of the 6G Accords is notorious for its short life span. Go pick one up at the dealership. They are less than $2.

SoundDomain link (system pics)
~ALL SHOW - NO GO~
k67p67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Thanks. I never heard anybody complain about the clock bulb til now. I'll keep it in mind. I just assumed I broke it since it went out right after I put the CD player in. I'll go get that bulb.

BTW: Nice Accord! Very clean. I love the clearout headlights. I took my blk housing projectors out and put in the OEM style black housing lights. MUCH BETTER VISIBILITY!!!

Who made that front bumper? I want something like that on my Accord. Something simple, and clean for the front. Same in back.

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
k67p67
AF Newbie

Everyone complains about the bulb in the clock. Probably just coincidence that it went out at the same time you installed the head unit. I thought about throwing some projectors in but I've heard a lot of bad comments about visibility. Also thought about HID but don't want to spend any $$$ on headlights. The bumper is OEM. I cut out the lower center grill and replaced it with inexpensive mesh from Home Depot (cost less than $8 for the project). Also added OEM fog lamp trim covers with PIAA 1900X Plasma Blue Fog Lamps and painted to match. Wish they made an OEM kit for the '01-'02 Accord coupes. I really like the '98-'00 one. Even contemplated swapping bumpers just so I could add the kit.

SoundDomain link (system pics)
~ALL SHOW - NO GO~
k67p67 is offline   Reply With Quote