Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skyhawk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
dogman01
AF Newbie

89 Skyhawk Troubles

Need some input from you guys to help my son with his 89 Skyhawk. Everything runs just fine until the car heats up. Then when he has to come to a stop the car dyes. Then if he gets it started again and he puts it in either drive or reverse it dyes. After cooling down the car will start and run until it gets hot again. When I say hot I don't mean overheat. Sounds to me like some form of a transmission sensor here but not for sure. Has anyone evr ran into this problem from a later model. Thanks for the help
dogman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #2
Madcat455
AF Regular

does it only do it after driving initially... IE.. if its cold right after starting and will go into gear fine.... but if he drives it for a bit then it'll die when comming to a stop??

Can he prevent the Stalling if he shifts it to N while comming to a stop?

If YES to either, I'd check the TCC solonoid in the trans.. the converter is probably getting stuck in Lock up.

I'm not sure on you're app. but you should have the TH125 trans, it'll have a wire that you can unplug to disable the TCC... if that makes a difference, then you've found your culprit.
Madcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
Frank Brady
AF Newbie

Re: 89 Skyhawk Troubles

dogman01:
I tried to e-mail, but the forum said no... I hope that you can post what the Skyhawk repair turned out to be. My brother has an '89 Skyhawk (1.9) that just did the same thing you described ealrlier. If madcat's advice solved the problem for you, then I'll try to get at that angle. Please post or e-mail me < tractorbuggys@yahoo.com
Thanks and very best regards,
FB
Frank Brady is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skyhawk