Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 08:11 PM   #76
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Well, that's the North American culture; In Germany, they drive the sh!t out of their Carerras; they take them through everything.

Old 03-27-2003, 04:36 AM   #77
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by NSX
Well, that's the North American culture; In Germany, they drive the sh!t out of their Carerras; they take them through everything.
My point exactly, do they do that on the drive to work, heck no. On a sunday spin maybe
Old 03-27-2003, 08:33 AM   #78
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
please upload your pics here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/upload

and then share!

Last edited by Jay!; 03-27-2003 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #79
NSX FoYoAss
AF Newbie

PONTICTRAC, hope you understand, I'm not trying to step on your toes here, just sharing my opinions. I respect everyones opinion as long as they are respectful of others. If someone feels like the new Dodge Neon RT (? If thats what it is, I forget) Is better then a NSX because it's a better bang for your buck, well, that's a fair opinion. Opinions opinions opinion......everyones got one!!

Also, I'll post some pics of my car when I get home using a new topic....
Regards
Z

Ok, so I'm bored here at work, so I'm going to post some interesting stuff that I found while surfing the web. (www.nsxhelp.com)

Found this interesting:
What Reliability Surveys Has The NSX Appeared In?
J.D. Power & Associates 5-year Dependability Study (SM) (1996)
[ This article taken from the JD Power web site at www.jdpower.com/jdpower/releases/60319car.html ]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 19, 1996

AGOURA HILLS, CALIFORNIA--The Lexus LS 400 and Acura NSX tie as the most dependable car at five years of ownership according to the 1996 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study. On the light truck side, the Toyota Pickup and the Dodge Ram 50 also tie for top honors. This dependability was measured from surveys returned by more than 33,000 car and truck owners who rated their 1991 vehicles across 89 problem categories based on their last 12 months of ownership.

The following is a list, in rank order, of the top cars after five years of ownership as reported in the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study:

Acura NSX
*Lexus LS 400
*Infiniti Q45
Mercedes-Benz 300 Series
Mercedes-Benz 300SL/500SL
Cadillac Eldorado
Toyota Cressida
Buick Century
Cadillac Brougham
Porsche 911

*Tied for Best Model in Vehicle Dependability

The following light truck models head each of the six segments featured in the study: Truck Segment 1991 Model-Year Vehicle

Compact Pickup Dodge Ram 50 *
Toyota Pickup *
Full-Size Pickup: Chevrolet C/K Pickup
Compact Sport Utility: Nissan Pathfinder
Full-Size Van: Chevrolet Van/Sport Van
Compact Van: Toyota Previa
Full-Size Sport Utility: Toyota Land Cruiser

(* Tied for Best Truck Model in Vehicle Dependability)

With new vehicle prices at a premium and an influx of cars coming off lease, used cars are more attractive than ever. After five years of ownership, 1991 model-year vehicles are prime candidates for this used car market.

One of the main questions that plague a new-car buyer is whether their car will hold up over the long run-which cars will still be in good condition by the time they pay off their loan? "If you're looking at vehicles that are four to five years old, the Vehicle Dependability Study is an excellent gauge to determine which vehicles will have the least problems. This study is particularly valuable because it measures the number of problems experienced by original owners," commented Bill Wallis, Senior Account Executive at J.D. Power and Associates.

Obviously the current manufacturer focus on vehicle options, and ABS in particular, is a worthy pursuit. The Vehicle
Dependability Study reveals that close to 60 percent of consumers with ABS said they want their next vehicle equipped with this system. The implication is that safety continues to be a key consumer issue. Despite concern in the industry that anti-lock brakes have more problems than traditional brakes, car owners of vehicles with ABS are more satisfied with their brakes and report fewer brake problems than those without. (Of the top ten car models, all, with the exception of the Buick Century came equipped with ABS.)

The focus of the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study is the past-year problem experience of owners who bought a new personal-use vehicle during the 1991 model year and have retained it. The study looks at durability of specific items, incidence of warranty work, rating of work performed and the amount spent in the past year on non-routine repairs. In addition, the study addresses a wide variety of manufacturer and dealer issues as well as information of value to manufacturer engineers and product designers.

J.D. Power and Associates is an international market research firm specializing in measuring and analyzing consumer opinion and behavior. The firm conducts syndicated and proprietary studies in the telecommunications, automotive, airline, office products, and financial services industries. Headquartered in Agoura Hills, California, the company also has offices in Torrance, California; Detroit, Michigan; Westport, Connecticut; Toronto, Canada; London, England; and Tokyo, Japan. Additional information about J.D. Power and Associates can be accessed through the World Wide Web at http://www.jdpower.com. Media E-mail contact: john.pepitone@jdpower.com

I also think NSX parts are not expensive. I buy all my stuff throu www.asian-auto-parts.com. The guys name is Dave, is gets killer prices on Honda/Acura OEM parts. Just my 2 cents :flash:

Collision Safety
[A/H] The first hard hit NSX that I worked on was hit in the right rear by a Datsun P/U doing about 50 mph. The driver of the NSX was sitting on a city street waiting to get on the freeway onramp. He saw the P/U coming and tried to go to the left around a full size Ford P/U in front of him. The Datsun hit the NSX and pushed it under the Ford. Damage: Right side trunk was gone. Just plastic pieces of phone and CD player. Engine compartment moved about one inch. Engine cover glass: no problem. Right side door: NO PROBLEM, OPEN AND CLOSED PERFECTLY. The front bumper hit the differential of the Ford and bent the leaf spring. The Ford rear bumper hit the "A" pillar on the right side and shattered the front glass. I fixed this car and it is still on the road here at Honda. It is #70. Red Black 5 spd. 65k miles. I also found that if the NSX is put on 4 car stands and if the stands are not exactly the same height and the floor is not very flat then the NSX will rock on 3 stands. This car is very stiff !!

Hope everyone can stomach this:
http://www.nsxhelp.com/faq/ouchies.html

Enjoys....
Z
Old 03-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #80
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by NSX FoYoAss
PONTICTRAC, hope you understand, I'm not trying to step on your toes here, just sharing my opinions. I respect everyones opinion as long as they are respectful of others. If someone feels like the new Dodge Neon RT (? If thats what it is, I forget) Is better then a NSX because it's a better bang for your buck, well, that's a fair opinion. Opinions opinions opinion......everyones got one!!

Also, I'll post some pics of my car when I get home using a new topic....
Regards
Z

Ok, so I'm bored here at work, so I'm going to post some interesting stuff that I found while surfing the web. (www.nsxhelp.com)

Found this interesting:
What Reliability Surveys Has The NSX Appeared In?
J.D. Power & Associates 5-year Dependability Study (SM) (1996)
[ This article taken from the JD Power web site at www.jdpower.com/jdpower/releases/60319car.html ]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 19, 1996

AGOURA HILLS, CALIFORNIA--The Lexus LS 400 and Acura NSX tie as the most dependable car at five years of ownership according to the 1996 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study. On the light truck side, the Toyota Pickup and the Dodge Ram 50 also tie for top honors. This dependability was measured from surveys returned by more than 33,000 car and truck owners who rated their 1991 vehicles across 89 problem categories based on their last 12 months of ownership.

The following is a list, in rank order, of the top cars after five years of ownership as reported in the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study:

Acura NSX
*Lexus LS 400
*Infiniti Q45
Mercedes-Benz 300 Series
Mercedes-Benz 300SL/500SL
Cadillac Eldorado
Toyota Cressida
Buick Century
Cadillac Brougham
Porsche 911

*Tied for Best Model in Vehicle Dependability

The following light truck models head each of the six segments featured in the study: Truck Segment 1991 Model-Year Vehicle

Compact Pickup Dodge Ram 50 *
Toyota Pickup *
Full-Size Pickup: Chevrolet C/K Pickup
Compact Sport Utility: Nissan Pathfinder
Full-Size Van: Chevrolet Van/Sport Van
Compact Van: Toyota Previa
Full-Size Sport Utility: Toyota Land Cruiser

(* Tied for Best Truck Model in Vehicle Dependability)

With new vehicle prices at a premium and an influx of cars coming off lease, used cars are more attractive than ever. After five years of ownership, 1991 model-year vehicles are prime candidates for this used car market.

One of the main questions that plague a new-car buyer is whether their car will hold up over the long run-which cars will still be in good condition by the time they pay off their loan? "If you're looking at vehicles that are four to five years old, the Vehicle Dependability Study is an excellent gauge to determine which vehicles will have the least problems. This study is particularly valuable because it measures the number of problems experienced by original owners," commented Bill Wallis, Senior Account Executive at J.D. Power and Associates.

Obviously the current manufacturer focus on vehicle options, and ABS in particular, is a worthy pursuit. The Vehicle
Dependability Study reveals that close to 60 percent of consumers with ABS said they want their next vehicle equipped with this system. The implication is that safety continues to be a key consumer issue. Despite concern in the industry that anti-lock brakes have more problems than traditional brakes, car owners of vehicles with ABS are more satisfied with their brakes and report fewer brake problems than those without. (Of the top ten car models, all, with the exception of the Buick Century came equipped with ABS.)

The focus of the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study is the past-year problem experience of owners who bought a new personal-use vehicle during the 1991 model year and have retained it. The study looks at durability of specific items, incidence of warranty work, rating of work performed and the amount spent in the past year on non-routine repairs. In addition, the study addresses a wide variety of manufacturer and dealer issues as well as information of value to manufacturer engineers and product designers.

J.D. Power and Associates is an international market research firm specializing in measuring and analyzing consumer opinion and behavior. The firm conducts syndicated and proprietary studies in the telecommunications, automotive, airline, office products, and financial services industries. Headquartered in Agoura Hills, California, the company also has offices in Torrance, California; Detroit, Michigan; Westport, Connecticut; Toronto, Canada; London, England; and Tokyo, Japan. Additional information about J.D. Power and Associates can be accessed through the World Wide Web at http://www.jdpower.com. Media E-mail contact: john.pepitone@jdpower.com

I also think NSX parts are not expensive. I buy all my stuff throu www.asian-auto-parts.com. The guys name is Dave, is gets killer prices on Honda/Acura OEM parts. Just my 2 cents :flash:

Collision Safety
[A/H] The first hard hit NSX that I worked on was hit in the right rear by a Datsun P/U doing about 50 mph. The driver of the NSX was sitting on a city street waiting to get on the freeway onramp. He saw the P/U coming and tried to go to the left around a full size Ford P/U in front of him. The Datsun hit the NSX and pushed it under the Ford. Damage: Right side trunk was gone. Just plastic pieces of phone and CD player. Engine compartment moved about one inch. Engine cover glass: no problem. Right side door: NO PROBLEM, OPEN AND CLOSED PERFECTLY. The front bumper hit the differential of the Ford and bent the leaf spring. The Ford rear bumper hit the "A" pillar on the right side and shattered the front glass. I fixed this car and it is still on the road here at Honda. It is #70. Red Black 5 spd. 65k miles. I also found that if the NSX is put on 4 car stands and if the stands are not exactly the same height and the floor is not very flat then the NSX will rock on 3 stands. This car is very stiff !!

Hope everyone can stomach this:
http://www.nsxhelp.com/faq/ouchies.html

Enjoys....
Z
Aw man, now you make me feel like an ass, sorry, my reply wasn't against your opinion, it's just some of the stuff i said i strongly believe is true and i respect anyone elses opinions, urs too, i was just saying some things that could make the nsx not an ordinary drivers car really, but im not always right, you own one, you would know more than me, but i am jus basing on what i read/heard/believe.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:33 AM   #81
tupacglock
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tupacglock Send a message via MSN to tupacglock
Re: NSX Just 2 expensive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedMethod
Who thinks da NSX is 2 expensive for it performance???

290 hp for $80,000 dat just crazy on a V6 too....... Honda can do better.......... U can Buy 2 vets for dat price with 400 Hp..... OR almost 3 S2000 wich only comes with about 40 hp less than da NSX.... and u could another $4,000 dollars to put an supercharger on da S2000 and you'll have more than enough power to take on an NSX..........FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICEHonda should be getting about 350 form dat engine.... THey DOnt NEed a V8 .......... Dat's just a selling scam so people would buy it...........

I think Honda has 2 options:
1. MORE HORSEPOWER....LOTS OF IT....I think Da ACura RL makes more than NSX on wat is basically Da same engine

2. BRing da COst down so it can be competive.......
Are you on drugs or just plain an idiot?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #82
Meeyatch1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Meeyatch1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay@af
You are obviously not the NSX's target buyer.
Exactly.

2002 Honda S2000
1996 Acura Integra GSR
1994 Acura NSX
1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
1991 Acura NSX
1990 Honda Accord EX

....soon to be adding a 2002-2003 E39 M5 in blue, thank you.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #83
Meeyatch1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedMethod
OH Really!!! then who is Some stupid rich guy who has nutting else to spend their money except on a car whose styling copies dat of a ferrari??? or whose performance can be beaten by a supped up integra or TT supra ( wich cost about $35 grand less for EXTREMELY better performance) OR some rich guy who SIMPLY doesnt KNOE any BEtter???
$100 says that the NSX target buyer is someone who can spell and use proper grammar. Your post did make me laugh though.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #84
yellownsx
AF Newbie

It's a pride thing

I might be a bit older than most of the croud here. I'm 45 and have a NSX. Personally I think that it is just about the right age for the owner of this fine machine. ( OK, Maybe as young as 30 ) The reason that I say that is because At my age, I no longer have to PROVE that I have the fastest car. No, its NOT the fastest, but if you come up against another car without turbo/supercharger you will at least not be embarassed (sp?) by the outcome.....Sure, there are cars that beat the pants off mine, But I look better sitting still than they do. NSXfoyoass (hope I got that right) is right in saying that you could drive the car all the time. It has the reliablity of a Honda. Its greatest faults are clutches ($3500) and tires ($325 each). It EATS tires! The price sticker on the window will tell you that your tires will not last 10,000 miles. This is very true, but nothing but a 911 can corner like it, And its capabilities have even impressed Porsche owners, While driving on the same track. The tires will probably last something more like 6000 miles. If you take care of the fore mentioned and adjust the valves every 25K there is no reason not to get 200K miles out of this car ( Pardon, this is also assuming that you don't push the tach over 8000 RPM's EVER! ) What makes the car worth so much money is that it is hand built, After it is hand built honda takes each one out to a test track built for THIS car and runs the $hit out of it. you will never find an NSX on a showroom floor with less than 40 miles on it. All this said. you still think that you can find a better value? Show me another hand made car built to these specs at a cheaper price.

By the way......I've seen pictures of the skyline, Would anybody be interested in it if it didn't have that monster drivetrain? Outside of that, I don't see the appeal.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:18 AM   #85
tupacglock
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tupacglock Send a message via MSN to tupacglock
^^I agree with you to a point. I tutor a kid named Mickey and his dad drives a 5-Spd 1998 NSX, If I drove that car I wouldnt trying to take it to the track or auto X competitions, I would probably upgrade intake piping with an older C5-R Intake Filter. (You ahve to follow racing to know that the new ones are smaller cause the old piping and filter made too much hp haha) Put a nice wide exaust to the rear and I might race a few ppl on the street. I am 15 eyars old and would take immaculate care of it, I would take it over a built up porsche 944 turbo (951) or a 911.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:02 PM   #86
yellownsx
AF Newbie

I agree with you to a point. I tutor a kid named Mickey and his dad drives a 5-Spd 1998 NSX,

Actually if the Car is a '98 it is a 6 speed :o)
Old 01-07-2004, 12:46 PM   #87
Meeyatch1
AF Newbie

Re: It's a pride thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownsx
...you will never find an NSX on a showroom floor with less than 40 miles on it...
Actually, most NSX's arrive at the dealer with about 12 miles on them. When I was in college I worked for an Acura dealer and the NSX's would arrive with 10-15 miles on them, and never any more than that. Just food for thought.

2002 Honda S2000
1996 Acura Integra GSR
1994 Acura NSX
1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
1991 Acura NSX
1990 Honda Accord EX

....soon to be adding a 2002-2003 E39 M5 in blue, thank you.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #88
drake 60
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to drake 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by C32Bperformance
And one last, minute thing...

There isnt a stock Supra turbo from anytime thats going to beat the NSX even in the quarter mile. It really isnt even close. The NSX will usually win by about 2 or more car lengths. And just ask me to back it up. Ill send videos. One: Skyline GT-R R34 vs SupraTT. Supra is owned. #2 Skyline GT-R R34 vs Honda NSX Type-S Zero. GT-R takes a seat as well. Or maybe a web site, check JB cars. Or you can even check an actual GT-R website. Not to down the GT-R, which is an amazing machine... and im rambling. Ive made my point.

ya back it up haha im not doughting you i just want to see these races!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #89
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Re: Re: It's a pride thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Actually, most NSX's arrive at the dealer with about 12 miles on them. When I was in college I worked for an Acura dealer and the NSX's would arrive with 10-15 miles on them, and never any more than that. Just food for thought.
This is what my dealer told me. My car went into service with 80 miles on it. He told me that was twice the norm, and why that was so.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #90
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
This thread is close to a year old. I'm going to lock it. (my first one)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX