Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
paulkramer
AF Regular

Ingalls Torque Damper

Does anyone here have an Ingalls Engine Torque Damper on their RSX??

I was wondering how effective they are, especially at keeping the car from bucking around in first and reverse.

Makes sense to me; even GM has those "dog bone" torque strut/engine shock absorbers in all their cars...........
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
paulkramer
AF Regular

OK, I guess my answer is no.

Next question, and props to me for posting SOMETHING up here.......does the RSX come with two covers for the spare tire - or only the foam one that holds the tire changing tools.

I saw the Acura diagram for the rear cargo area and it appears that there is another piece of trim that resides between the foam filler w/tools and the carpet that sits on the very top.

I bought my car used so it could be lost; like the extra keys.

Anyone know? (This question's about OEM stuff so y'all ought to know the answer......)

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ingalls Torque Damper

I dont have one of those fancy acuras so I cant answer the second question. I dont know how I missed the torque damper question. Yeah, thats exactly what its for, it keeps the engine from shifting around which will take care of the bucking wheel hop crap. Of course you could spend $150 (or more I dont know the exact price) or you could just invest in a set of energy suspensions motor mount inserts for about $25, does pretty much the same thing. They are a pain in the ass to install but are well worth it IMO. Or if you are really cheap you can make your own motor mount inserts like I did one weekend when I was bored and broke.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ingalls Torque Damper

I don't remember there being anything other than the carpet and the foam....(i'm not near my car however so I can't check for you right now)
Old 06-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
paulkramer
AF Regular

Re: Re: Ingalls Torque Damper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivic02
I dont have one of those fancy acuras so I cant answer the second question. I dont know how I missed the torque damper question. Yeah, thats exactly what its for, it keeps the engine from shifting around which will take care of the bucking wheel hop crap. Of course you could spend $150 (or more I dont know the exact price) or you could just invest in a set of energy suspensions motor mount inserts for about $25, does pretty much the same thing. They are a pain in the ass to install but are well worth it IMO. Or if you are really cheap you can make your own motor mount inserts like I did one weekend when I was bored and broke.
Wow!! Your own motor mount inserts?! Now I'm impressed!

So, $25 for the pain in the ass mounts or $150 for the easy to install torque damper.....hmm........why is it always that way?

Guy on clubrsx claims that with 3 additional grounding wires most of his bucking has gone away!! Sounds like an incredible claim, but would be cheaper and easier to try first than either of the engine mount solutions. Probably still will want the damper though.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX