Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
asdfbeau
AF Regular

another swap thread

alright, so I'm mulling over the idea of swapping a k20a2 into my 00 civic EX, and I have a few questions:

I'm estimating 6k for the engine (I may get a deal, but I'm saying 6k to be safe) does that sound about right for the engine, tranny, ECU, and wiring harness?

Does the K20a2 engine handle boost well? I am positive that the swap will keep me satisfied with my civic for years to come, but I'm also sure that I will want more power down the road, and I don't see myself swapping a more powerful engine into the chassis. Will I need to resleeve the block and/or strengthen the internals (or lower the compression) for a low-moderate boost setup? I searched on this before, but the person asking the question got vague answers because he wasn't sure what he wanted.

I live in Los Angles, CA - so if anyone has any specific import shop they'd like to point me to, I'd be really grateful; right now I'm looking at going to an Acura dealiership or junkyard for my parts, but I'd rather deal with a company/shop that has done this swap before.

thanks
-beau

also, as an aside: I went to the LA auto show a few months back, saw a guy who swapped a k20a (he said it was a type-R RSX engine from japan) into a Lotus Elise chassis, and slapped a Jackson racing supercharger on it: >300HP and 0-60 in ~3 seconds!!!
I'm no boy-racer, but it really is amazing how much power these engineers get from such small engines.
asdfbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

Re: another swap thread

6k for everything you will need is about right. Check out www.hybrid-racing.com they should have everything you would need for the swap there and I think they have a parts list for what you will need too.

The k20a2 handles boost alright, around 300hp is all I would personally try to push out of it stock because of its higher compression (not sure exactly how many psi that is but the 300 is a number I have seen on a few rsx-s.. If I were you looking to turbo the engine after the swap I would talk to the guys at cybernation motorsports, in my opinion they make probably the best turbo kits on the market today. Good luck with the swap, keep us updated on anything that happens with it.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Re: another swap thread

www.cybernationmotorsports.com

They've been doing turbo RSXs since the start, and offer by far the biggest range of options. Everything from stage 1 (300ish whp) to stage 4 which I don't think anyone has (600-700).

645 whp is the most ever gotten out of a K20A2, but thats totally unpractical. The fastest K20A2 powered car is the Skunk2/Tactics Racing RSX which is tube frame and powered by a modded K on alcohol (300whp) and it ran a 9.86.

And there are kits for the Elise that mate the K20A to the S2000 drivetrain and those cars are rockets.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX